Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-25-13, 09:17 AM  
met fan

starting slim in 6...again

I decided to try another rotation of Slim in 6. I did about half a rotation a few years ago but got tired and lazy. I decided to do the new version. I have the older one. Found the newer one online http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzl...t#.Ucml8KzD_IU

I liked the new one so much better that I immediately went to Mary's site and ordered it. It is just a little different but I liked it so much more. More of a stretch at the end and I liked the glute raises. Maybe it is the setting or the music. I don't know but I really enjoyed it.
met fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-13, 09:30 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I also really like the new Slim in 6. I don't think I could stick with a strict rotation but I would really like to commit to using them on a regular basis mixed in with the Slim Express workouts which I also really like. It sounds like a fun rotation for the summer.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-13, 09:31 AM  
twinkletoes

What exactly is different about it?
Old 06-25-13, 09:35 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I tried 10 minutes of the new one, and really liked it! If I hadn't just finished a different dvd, I'd have tried the whole thing.
I will later, or tomorrow, so thanks a lot for posting the link

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-13, 09:36 AM  
met fan

I don't know if there is enough difference to justify buying the new set but I did it anyway. By the way, Mary has it for 40.00 plus shipping with a free gift of Keep it Up so it seemed worth it. The music and set are different and brighter I think. She adds a longer stretch at the end which I like. She does a set of glute raises at the end (I think that is what you call them. Lay on your back with bent knees and raise your butt). She also does a type of standing ab work which is like an airplane. You hold your arms straight out and bend to either side. I really liked it for some reason. Seemed more rounded to me. For some reason, all the squats and leg work did not seem quite so monotonous to me in the new version. Maybe it is just me tough.
met fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-13, 09:46 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletoes View Post
What exactly is different about it?
There is a bit more variety, as previously stated~even in the standing work. And the all 4s work is less brutal, which I like. In the original she did everything on one leg and then switched to the other, a la Tracy Anderson, but here she does a set of kicks on the right, then the left, and then on to another exercise, switching. Makes it more bearable and since my legs don't fatigue as quickly I feel I get more out of it.
Old 06-25-13, 10:51 AM  
violingal3

FWIW, I posted a review in the review section comparing some differences between the old and new sets.

What a good reminder...I enjoyed the new Sin6 version, I'll have to pull them out and start incorporating them. Debbie is gentle on my body and I get results that are very complimentary to my hour glass/pear shape. I am getting way too hardcore and eating everything in sight.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-13, 03:00 PM  
princess76

The set is beautiful!
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debbie siebers, si6, slim in 6, slim in 6 (2010)