Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-11-13, 11:03 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosepetals View Post
I save money by growing my own wheat grass. I planted a large vegetable bed full of it instead of purchasing dried powders.

My DH and I drink a cup of it a day added into our vegetable/fruit blend. Usually I add in apples, cucumbers, grapes, pineapple, bell pepper, carrots, and wheat grass - enough to add 1 cup per quart of drink. It tastes really good.
A CUP of wheatgrass is a heck of a lot of Wheat grass. You must have some large large beds to get that much each day. And to drink that much!!!! you're amazing. !!!!

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13, 12:34 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Cheryl, what is the lady in your avatar sitting on and ... well what in the world is she doing, anyway?
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13, 01:15 PM  
rosepetals

Yes it is a lot of grass. It's a large vegetable bed. There is enough to share with my furbaby too.

I have gradually increased the amount of juice I drink. Over time I found it helps with my energy levels. It makes me really perky.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13, 04:37 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Cheryl, what is the lady in your avatar sitting on and ... well what in the world is she doing, anyway?
Well, when I saw it, I said that is me. It looks like she is trying to do a barre workout with a ball. Legs are up in the air and she is just plain discombobulated. me
when is that black rope between her legs? I have no clue. But maybe that's a band... lol. I thought it was just too funny and cute... and different.

~~~Cheryl

Old 04-11-13, 04:38 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosepetals View Post
Yes it is a lot of grass. It's a large vegetable bed. There is enough to share with my furbaby too.

I have gradually increased the amount of juice I drink. Over time I found it helps with my energy levels. It makes me really perky.
So that's what goes with you lol

How much are you giving your furbaby?

~~~Cheryl

Old 04-11-13, 05:22 PM  
rosepetals

She decides what she wants to eat for herself.
Old 04-11-13, 11:48 PM  
msladybug

I put handfuls of Kale in my smoothie with no issues.

I wish I had known about BEETS. Had my first fresh beets this year. They were so pretty and they tasted so yummy. But they gave me diarrhea and colored my stool bright red. I had just had a colonscopy and I thought I was hemoraging. Didn't make the connection with the pretty red beets I had eaten. The consulting nurse figured it out quickly, and put my mind at ease.
msladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 09:02 AM  
rosepetals

In the beginning beets would change the color of things exiting out the back door. It doesn't last long. Your body starts to absorb all the nutrition in it and they go back to the normal color and consistency. You need to add new foods gradually into your diet or you get surprises.

I regularly make juice that has a bunch of beets and the tops, parsley, cilantro, garlic, ginger, cucumber, celery, carrots, apples, bell peppers.
My body absorbs it all. No emergency bathroom stops.

Just like wheat grass all new foods have to be added slowly and in small amounts. When I first started drinking wheat grass juice it tasted so bad I and my stomach didn't like it I would projectile vomit. By adding it into juice instead of drinking a shot of it, I don't have any problems. As my tolerance grew I added more into my juices. The same goes for kale.

Tags
blenders, colon blow, kale, ninja, smoothies