Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-08-12, 06:45 PM  
Sara1000

Now that is very cool! Slightly different in appearance from the one I have, which is obviously based on yours, which is the official one - I have never seen that calendar before!
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-12, 08:10 AM  
firmaniac

...there might be a "new" original Parts video-Aerobic Butt Busters..it is sections from Vol 3-6. Segments of short box,tall box,bridge,and stretch...too thrilling! Fitness Favorites is seeing if the conversion can remove the time/date scroll across the bottom...

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM

Last edited by firmaniac; 10-10-12 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Spellcheck
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-12, 08:25 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
I'm not sure if this link will work for everyone, but I posted pictures of the rotation as printed in the calendar (1999) in my old blog.

http://hilaryandmarsha.blogspot.com/
LOVE that calendar!
If I had it I'd frame it and hang it in my exercise room.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-12, 10:33 AM  
lrb04

I started the Firm in 1996 & that calendar brings back memories! They used to send one out ever time you ordered. I think I had 4-5 of them & wished that I would have keep one. I used to follow it to a T until more Fims came out & it was harder for me to follow. The photos of the girls are so familiar after looking at them.
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-12, 10:43 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

After Anna died, I ordered a bunch of memorabilia from Annette: catalogs, fliers, newsletters, etc. All the stuff I'd wished I hung onto over the years. I keep them in a scrapbook. No rotation calendar though - they were all gone.

I did Volume 3 today and loved it so much... I'm getting inspired to do my own Firm 90-day rotation, though I could never follow the printed one. Too many workouts and just too much. I think my speed these days is doing a classic every other day with Leslie inbetween. That sounds perfect!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-12, 01:05 PM  
Jane1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmaniac View Post
...there might be a "new" original Parts video-Aerobic Butt Busters..it is sections from Vol 4-6. Segments of short box,tall box,bridge,and stretch...too thrilling! Fitness Favorites is seeing if the conversion can remove the time/date scroll across the bottom...
This is exciting! Honestly, the Classics are not my favorite, but I would buy this! Based on the title, it definitely sounds like something I need.
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-12, 02:38 PM  
Sara1000

I would definitely but that new parts workout!
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-12, 07:06 AM  
firmaniac

..I didn't mean to inadvertently hi-jack the Parts Tough Tape thread, but yes the "new" Parts is exciting-Fit Faves posted on facebook they might try and release it on 12/19(Anna Benson's birth date) if all goes well. Re: the 90 Day Calendar-I only had the original booklet that came in '99,and have never been able to do all the weeks in order-hips started killing me from too much lower body too often..but I do a week here and there for fun!

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-12, 08:43 PM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
According to the video reviews here at VF, Tortoise came out in 1995. I think the date of Tough Tape being 1993 is just wrong. The first dated review is 1997 and it says it has a white cover. By the time I got my Tough Tape it had a printed cover, so this must have been an earlier printing. Also, Volume 5 was 1991 and they still had Volume 6 to produce before the Cross-Trainers. And didn't the Basics come before the Cross-Trainers?
Tortoise and Hare were definitely released in 1994. That's when I got them. I also got Tough Tape in a white cover in either 1995 or 1996. Firm Cardio and Firm Strength were released as Strong Heart and Strong Body in 1995. The Prime Powers were released in 1996 and the Basics in 1997.

Tags
firm history, firm list, firm parts, firms by release date, fitness favorites, mark henriksen, tough tape