Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-18-12, 02:33 PM  
GotToBeFit

I just received my package, but I haven't done any workouts yet. What I don't like straight away is the packaging. The price is on par with Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, but Jillian's product is packaged much like beachbody programs in a neat little box which holds all of the books and the programs. So in my opinion the packaging should've been better for the price of the product.
Old 08-18-12, 04:03 PM  
keb's mom

I liked the system initially but got burned out on doing intervals almost every day. Started to dread working out and ended up returning it.

Maria
keb's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-12, 04:29 PM  
kitty12

I didn't do it every day of the week. The workout is four 2-week cycles. During the first 4 weeks, I split the first week which is the more challenging week over two weeks and then still did the workouts that were in the second week but combined them so they took three days instead of six. So, basically I was doing JNL three days a week, and still had two light recovery days to do light yoga or Essentrics and on the weekend I did barre on Saturday and Power Yoga on Sunday.

Last week was what would be week 5 as defined in the program and instead of splitting the first week I combined the workouts into three days (Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday) although I did skip one upper body workiout (Shoulder Shredder) as I had actually done it the week before. Ended up with 5 workouts over three days. Still light recovery day on Tuesday and Friday, barre today and Power Yoga tomorrow. Will do week 6 in the program as I always have been combining into three days.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-12, 06:40 AM  
acescholar

I continue to appreciate the feedback -- keep it coming! By the way, did anyone get disks that weren't scratched?
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-12, 07:08 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by acescholar View Post
I continue to appreciate the feedback -- keep it coming! By the way, did anyone get disks that weren't scratched?
Mine were strange - its like the basic set was mostly totally perfect (no scratches at all) - I think the stretch disk - which was closer to the back of the pack - has some light scratches, but the deluxe DVDs - at the back of the pack - were scratched up. So, the first two thirds of the little booklet was perfect, and the last third was all scratched up.
Old 08-19-12, 09:09 AM  
kitty12

I checked a few of the DVDs when I first received it and didn't notice any scratches. A little later I tried one DVD for the first time and it kept freezing during my workout and then eventually stopped completely. I took it out and ran some water over it to clean it, dried it and noticed there was one decent size scratch on it. However, after washing it I never had a problem with the DVD again.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-12, 09:33 AM  
acescholar

Thanks A-Bot and Kitty for the feedback on the disks. It's not as bad as I feared.
Old 08-19-12, 04:26 PM  
RoccoLuv

I'm on week 6. I only workout 4 days per week & on 3 of those days I do 2 JNL workouts back to back.

What I am loving: I have zero dread with these workouts. Time freaking FLIES by. During the 30 seconds of weight work, I like that I have the option of how I'm going to lift...some days I go heavy/few reps, other times I do drop sets, sometimes I use light weights & rep it out. I like that the cardio is mostly plyometric (which my legs really respond to) but not kill yourself crazy hard. I like that your core & legs are worked in pretty much every workout. I like that the workouts pack alot of punch in a short amount of time. I like that the background exercisers seem very 'real'. I find Jennifer to be sincere in her coaching & motivation & seems to really love fitness.

I do not enjoy however, HER CONSTANT TALKING. And maybe it's not even really the constant talking it's more her cheesy phrases that she says CONSTANTLY. In particular 'drop it like it's hot' is starting to really get on my nerves. However, this annoyance is not enough to make me not LOVE these workouts and this style/format. I have no regrets with this purchase at all.

Oh, & none of my dvds were scratched.
Graduate of p90x (2x), Insanity (2x), P90X+, CLX, STS, Turbo Fire, Asylum 1 & 2, JNL Fusion, Body Beast, Xtrain, Fitness is Function Kbell, Cathe Ripped with Hiit. Currently doing Edge Booty Extreme 2.
RoccoLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-12, 02:13 PM  
acescholar

Thank you for all the input. Between this thread and the one comparing JNL with Beast and Delta, I'm pretty sure I'd get a lot of use out of JNL.

Does anyone by any chance have discount code for JNL? In a very early thread (which I avoided until too late), there was notice of a discount. TIA!
Old 08-21-12, 11:59 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by acescholar View Post
Thank you for all the input. Between this thread and the one comparing JNL with Beast and Delta, I'm pretty sure I'd get a lot of use out of JNL.

Does anyone by any chance have discount code for JNL? In a very early thread (which I avoided until too late), there was notice of a discount. TIA!
I didn't have time to write to too much detail today, but all I can say is that JNL is a wonderfull system. Everyone know about my love for JNL FUSION. I love everything!!!!! JNL personality, the cast, the exercises choices, bodypart splits, plyos, glute emphasis, sweat fest, heavy or light, etc. There are only two sets from my collection that I will never break, because are my kick butt emergency programs; Insanity and JNL Fusion Love that both rotations are short.

I was thinking that the only think I will change is maybe the 10 segs breaks between circuits. I just go back to back straight between cicuits. Anyhoo, I may in a future need those breaks. You never know. This system is one that I may use for many years to come If you are advanced is good to be aware of what "pushing" to the max means because the cast can be working on a slower speed. This is no a straight "follow on" workout. One must be aware of choosing challenging weights.

There was a pre-order discount, but I'm not aware of any coupon. I posted a discount for her clothes store, because I got my "kiss my abs" T-shirt among others..could't help lol

Tags
jennifer nicole lee, jnl fusion, scratched dvds