Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-19-12, 06:04 PM  
hotncmom

Please suggest a workout for me

Hi, I am looking for something similar to BBL Bum Bum. Maybe sort of like Tonique but without endless reps? I would like a lower body workout various squat and lunge variations, abductions, hip extensions, etc. A fun vibe but not cheesy. About 30 minutes. Not Jillian. Not the Firm. No plyo jumps. Cardio intervals OK. Like mountain climbers, hate burpees. No weights/multijoint exercises. Nothing advanced. No equipment (besides mat). So no high step/chair exercises please.

I have Supermodel Series and it wasn't quite enough. Got KCM Body Training and I don't click with her. Killer Buns and Thighs was OK but it's Jillian.

Suggestions, pretty please?
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-12, 06:17 PM  
alisoncooks

I'll keep thinking on it.... but have you tried Bootylicious Buns w/ Stephanie Vitorino?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...83JNTD1137PGTE

It has 3 short workouts on it, IIRC.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-12, 08:14 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Montenegro Method Endurance. No equipment.Three 21 minute workouts. 8-10 exercises in a row each lasting 60 seconds with little or no rest in between. I haven't done this in awhile but I remember squat and lunge variations.

Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-12, 08:19 PM  
moonbeam31

Tracey mallett's newFuse Dance Cardio Lean has 2- 30-ish min workouts on it-Fun vibe, great Music and lots of great lower body moves!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-12, 08:37 PM  
EllenU
VF Supporter

Ilaria's Bodystrikes and Bodystrikes Vol 2 might fit the bill.
Old 06-19-12, 09:11 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Gotta put in a plug for one of my favorites: Michele Olson's Perfect Legs, Glutes and Abs. Fits your criteria for length (2 30-min routines), level and lack of equipment (other than dumbbells and a mat). Super effective but not what I'd call advanced (not if *I* can do it).

Oh wait - just realized you don't want dumbbells. Okay, not super exciting but how about Great Buns Guaranteed and Thin Thighs Guaranteed, two early Beachbody workouts. They're 10mins each but pretty effective.

ETA - Can't buy it on its own but I love the 20-min Hips Buns & Thighs workout from Gilad's Quick Fit System.
ETAA - One more: how about Squeeze Lower Body Challenge? Parts use weights but they can be optional.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 08:05 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Have you considered Weider's X-Factor? It is all bodywork, core-focused and no weights.

I also thought about one of the yoga-type workouts that is not strictly yoga--Ruah Warrior or Gwen Lawrence--Fit Body Yoga or Ellen Barrett Yogini.

I also thought of Cathe's Butts and Guts or KPC/& Legs and Glutes, but there are weights and other equipment required for these.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 08:44 AM  
PeakFitness

Tracie Long, Focus: Lift Higher. She uses *optional* wieights during one part of it. I do it without weights for the whole thing.

Bootylicious Buns

Chris Freytag, Prevention: Belly Butt and Thighs. Also has a segment with *optional* weights. I also do this one without weights.
Old 06-20-12, 03:04 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

The first 30 minutes of Kari Anderson's Center Floor is a good lower body workout.

I also agree with the suggestions for Lift Higher and Bootylicious Buns.

There's also Molly Fox's Skinny Jeans workout which is 40 minutes. It uses weight for some of the workout but there is one modifier who doesn't use them at all.

One other suggestion - an oldie but goodie is the first half of Firm It Up from the Slim Series set.
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 03:58 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Montenegro Method Endurance. No equipment.Three 21 minute workouts. 8-10 exercises in a row each lasting 60 seconds with little or no rest in between. I haven't done this in awhile but I remember squat and lunge variations.

Leslie
I actually have this one. It has been a couple of years since I looked at it, but I seem to remember some plyo moves, maybe? I do remember being very sore.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I'll need to find some time to look at clips.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
great body guaranteed, lower body, lower body workouts