Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-27-12, 06:55 PM  
afirmrose

I like her workouts but don't reach for them often.

-----------------------------------------------
"Oxygen is free. Breath it in!" Jennifer Galardi DOTI Hip Hop Party

"A 30-minute workout is just 2% of your day. No excuses." Clubz

Lisa Shaffer 2013 10,000 Kettlebell Swing challenge completed.
afirmrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 07:14 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Her workouts remind me more of Jillian Michael's workouts than the Firm. However, Stephanie is calm and pleasant and doesn't yell. I know Jillian has a variety of workouts, but these seemed about the same difficulty as Shed and Shred? And 30 day something. Sorry, the names of her workouts are all so the same. I was surprised that I found Jillian's most recent mass market workout not all too challenging, even level 4.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 07:32 AM  
beatchica

I really like her workouts, I have all her routines that she did for exercise TV.

She really focuses on form and reminds you in a non annoying way to use good form. Her workouts are time efficient and total body boot-camp style, which I enjoy.
beatchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 11:42 AM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezy View Post
I really enjoyed her Ultimate Body Shaper dvd, but did not like Body Target 60. It just was not challenging enough for me. I keep wondering when or if she will put out another one.
I love Ultimate Body Shaper (I especially like the emphasis on core) but still haven't tried Body Target 60, even though I've had it a while. Why is that?

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 01:11 PM  
boukilisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
Her workouts remind me more of Jillian Michael's workouts than the Firm. However, Stephanie is calm and pleasant and doesn't yell. I know Jillian has a variety of workouts, but these seemed about the same difficulty as Shed and Shred? And 30 day something. Sorry, the names of her workouts are all so the same. I was surprised that I found Jillian's most recent mass market workout not all too challenging, even level 4.
These are as tough as the Shred workouts? Does she use some of the same moves as Jillian? I would definitely buy these if I could have a Jillian style workout without any Jillian.
boukilisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 01:34 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boukilisa View Post
These are as tough as the Shred workouts? Does she use some of the same moves as Jillian? I would definitely buy these if I could have a Jillian style workout without any Jillian.
I don't know the answer to that, as I have not tried any of Jillian's workouts. I actually had 3 of them at one time, but sold them off before even trying them out.

BT60 is less challenging than UBS, but that's just fine with me. I really liked the workout itself and I followed the low impact modifier. The high step portion of UBS was harder for me than the mat workout, and I modified the cardio parts down (Stephanie does not have a modifier in this workout but offers suggestions). I really liked all three workouts though, and I do them in pieces rather than the whole thing together.

Glad to see that there are others who like her workouts too!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-12, 09:43 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I have her Ultimate Body Shaper, (granted I did it only a couple of times ) and it did remind me of the Pink Firms but also very much reminded me of Patrick Goudeau's workouts, namely HWC. Lighter weight/higher rep AWT with a functional fitness focus, tougher moves, incorporating the step.

It also sort of reminded me of the Ultimate Workout (strength portion) from Michelle Dozios. Again with functional strength moves using, in this case, the high step.

I liked her as instructor and was able to see past the valley girl voice I suppose in personality she reminded me of a Pink Firm instructor like Alison or Rebekah.

Her workout didn't really remind me of Jillian's in particular, I guess in my mind (as a Firm fan...also a Jillian fan) there is a big difference between AWT and circuit style Jillian stuff.
Old 04-29-12, 10:40 AM  
kariev34

Stephanie just posted this on her FB page:

"It's coming! Tomorrow I shoot the new Bootylicious Buns workouts! Can't wait to share them all with you!! Short Shorts...here we come! Let's go!"

Sounds like a new dvd.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-12, 04:48 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
Stephanie just posted this on her FB page:

"It's coming! Tomorrow I shoot the new Bootylicious Buns workouts! Can't wait to share them all with you!! Short Shorts...here we come! Let's go!"

Sounds like a new dvd.
Yay! I was going to order the original but discovered it's DVD-R which I really don't want. I think I will wait and maybe order this one instead.

Thanks for posting this!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stephanie vitorino