Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-12, 03:10 PM  
steakhousegirl

If you can get your hands on the new Yoga 2X from Tony's new P90X2 series it is a huge improvement on YogaX. It is only an hour and no blah blah blah. He does do an om at the end however.

Insanity Grad
Turbo Fire Grad
S90 Grad
P90X2 Grad
steakhousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12, 03:43 PM  
anne

I like the Firm Power Yoga too. I also just bought Fit Body Yoga with Gwen Lawrence today--haven't done it yet but the clip looks like it would work.
anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12, 04:08 PM  
sunday

An older workout that I positively love is Tari Rose's Hard Body Yoga. I used this a lot this summer in preparation for YTT, and it was awesome. Very athletic yoga, and difficult. I highly recommend this one!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12, 04:55 PM  
jhsimpson

Leave the jibberish (Sanskrit) out of the mix

I want to recommend TheUltimateYogi.com Travis Eliot delivers a 'system' that I am enjoying. My peeves with Yoga is when the presenter uses the 'Yaba-Daba-Asana' name (Sanskrit) to describe a pose. Just call it a Down-Dog or Tree Pose. I don't need to be reminded that my public school education didn't offer Hindi as a foreign language.

Yes, a tad pricey but when I compared it to Blissology (Eoin Finn) and some of the Gaiam series (Rodney Yee and others). I liked Ultimate Yogi.
jhsimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12, 05:08 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
An older workout that I positively love is Tari Rose's Hard Body Yoga. I used this a lot this summer in preparation for YTT, and it was awesome. Very athletic yoga, and difficult. I highly recommend this one!
Hard Body Yoga with Tari Rose is a good choice. MTV Power Yoga with Kristen McGee is also a good choice.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12, 05:13 PM  
readcookrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise7 View Post
What do people think of Bob's Inside Out Method Yoga
and Jillian's Yoga Meltdown?
I really, really like Bob's Inside Out Yoga for the Warrior. I end up sweating towards the beginning part of it and feel nicely stretched out for the rest of the day. Although he says, "it's nothing you've tried before" there was nothing too crazy about what he does. He doesn't explain poses or proper form very much though.

I also liked Jillian's Yoga--it combined yoga and bodyweight work. I liked both the workouts. I use either as an add-on after my cardio or do both if I'm only toning for the day.

Hope this helps!
readcookrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12, 05:15 PM  
alisoncooks

I like Bob Harper's Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga (the first one that came out several years ago). Nicely segmented/chaptered. Some people don't like it but I always felt nicely worked out from it.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12, 05:48 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I like Bob Harper's Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga (the first one that came out several years ago). Nicely segmented/chaptered. Some people don't like it but I always felt nicely worked out from it.
I liked this one too. I did the whole workout and had major ab doms afterwards. A week or so later, I did just the core section and didn't have ab doms. So it seems the whole workout works the abs.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12, 06:19 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

If you are interested in a trade for the Firm Power Yoga, send me a PM. I have a copy of it.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-12, 07:53 PM  
Elise7

Thanks for all the great suggestions everyone! Please keep them coming!
Elise7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hard body yoga, kimberly fowler