Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-12, 09:04 AM  
Inchworm

My set was fine too. Thank goodness! I absolutely LOVE this system! I have been doing it since November and added in 1 segment almost 5 days week from Suzanne Bowen's Gorgeous Core starting in December and I'm getting great results. I can't believe I haven't strayed. I've never stuck with a system for so long! I usually like to have a lot of variety and rarely stick to mainly one system. I can't say enough about this set. I guess I was a lucky one. I hope she makes more and has etter luck with the making of the dvd's.
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-12, 09:12 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
How strange? I could have sworn mine had a purple color to it! (probably imagined it...got mine from exercisetv too)
I bought the original set from Mary and they have a purple back.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-12, 09:16 AM  
desderata

Mine do not have a purple back.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-12, 09:40 AM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Received my set from QVC and two discs were loose and are horribly scratched. Mine are pressed DVDs but I won't keep them in this condition. Back they go.
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-12, 11:01 AM  
Artist of Eyes

Mine were pressed as well. I can't imagine people paying full price for DVDrs; that's crazy!

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-12, 11:06 AM  
navarrosarah

I had ordered this set 3 times from exercise TV and all were bad with glitches. I did end up getting my money back, but was really bummed as I really wanted these workouts. I ordered from the QVC website at the full price when they went up, heard the price lowered, called them and got the price difference back. They arrived to me on Wednesday. I finally got a chance to look at them today, went straight to the yoga and kickboxing workouts, as I know those had the problems. These new ones still have the darn glitches also. I am so bummed. I have never dealt with QVC before, but I was reading the return labels and it days I have to pay 6.95 to return them? WTH. I am not a happy camper right now. I have decided that I will not ever try to get these workouts again even though I know they are awesome. Too much headaches. Does anyone know how to not have to pay 6.95 to return them to QVC? Thanks.

Sarah
Old 01-14-12, 11:43 AM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by navarrosarah View Post
I had ordered this set 3 times from exercise TV and all were bad with glitches. I did end up getting my money back, but was really bummed as I really wanted these workouts. I ordered from the QVC website at the full price when they went up, heard the price lowered, called them and got the price difference back. They arrived to me on Wednesday. I finally got a chance to look at them today, went straight to the yoga and kickboxing workouts, as I know those had the problems. These new ones still have the darn glitches also. I am so bummed. I have never dealt with QVC before, but I was reading the return labels and it days I have to pay 6.95 to return them? WTH. I am not a happy camper right now. I have decided that I will not ever try to get these workouts again even though I know they are awesome. Too much headaches. Does anyone know how to not have to pay 6.95 to return them to QVC? Thanks.

Sarah
Since they're defective, you shouldn't have to pay postage. I'd call their Customer Service and explain the situation. I'll bet they let you return them without the $6.95.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-12, 12:34 PM  
mtnmom

Mine have silver backs, so I believe they are pressed DVDs. I bought them from Exercise TV.

When they arrived, one disk was out of it's holder completely (scratched and smudged), one was half out of the holder (minor scratch, very smudged) and one was in the holder (smudged). The smudges won't wipe off. All of the disks play fine. I debated for awhile whether to send them back for scratch-less/smudge-less ones, but feared that the new set wouldn't play even if they looked perfect. I trashed the holder and now have the DVDs in jewel cases. They are hard to see on my shelf, so I'll probably forget about them sooner than if they were housed in a DVD case. I also feel that when it's time to send them off to a new owner, I'll have to offer them for free, since they look so awful.

The workouts are solid and the 40 minute ones in particular, really fit my schedule. It's too bad Chris put so much work into these and the packaging (and possibly the replicators) have screwed it up for her.
Old 01-14-12, 12:57 PM  
navarrosarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
Since they're defective, you shouldn't have to pay postage. I'd call their Customer Service and explain the situation. I'll bet they let you return them without the $6.95.
Thanks Karen, I just called them and they said to just send them back and I won't be charged postage. Thanks. I am so done with these already. I do feel very sorry for Chris though and for myself for not being able to get them but I won't try again.

Sarah
Old 01-14-12, 01:27 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

All the 10lb Slimdown Extreme disks are pressed DVDs. The original 10lb Slimdown set of 20-minute workouts on one disk was a pressed DVD if you bought it from ExerciseTV. If you bought it from Amazon, it came as a DVD-r.
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10 lb. slimdown xtreme, scratched dvds