Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-28-11, 09:45 PM  
suzi211
VF Supporter

Need treadmill recommendations

DH and I are interested in buying a treadmill. After looking online, we've narrowed it down to these four. Does anyone have any experience with any of them? Or do you have recommendations for one not listed? We're planning on spending between $1,000 and $1,300. Thanks.

Smooth - 6.75

Yowza - Siesta

Livestrong - LS10.0T

Lifespan - TR1200i
Old 10-28-11, 11:11 PM  
suegy3

I have and like the Nordic track. They don't sell this model anymore. I'm not familiar with the ones that you posted.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 12:09 AM  
Just_Jo

Watch Craig's List. We just bought a Landice that was a few years old for $450. It's whisper quiet and in perfect condition. We did order a couple screws for it. I am in love and it was so worth the wait to get a high quality treadmill.

We were looking at the Smooth, but I'm so glad hubby scoured Craig's List and we didn't jump to buy.

Good luck. I am totally in love with my treadmill. Hope you enjoy whatever you get.
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 07:16 AM  
klutze01

I got a new treadmill last year for Christmas and was considering two of the ones on your list-the Smooth and the Livestrong. I ended up going with the Sole F80, mostly because I could actually try it out in person at Sears vs ordering sight unseen online. I love it and would highly recommend it. Have you been able to try out any of the ones on your list? If you can, that may narrow it down for you. Also, if you can wait until just after Christmas, that is when I saw the best deals. I was able to get my Sole that is regularly $1,500 for $1,300.
Old 10-29-11, 08:18 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I would go to Play It Again Sports or some place like that. See if they have the manuals for the treadmills they have. If they don't, write down the model number and try to find the manual online. See what features the treadmills have for the price. I don't have a high end treadmill, but it works and didn't cost me an arm and a leg.
Old 10-29-11, 10:57 AM  
wendy2

I'm not familiar with the ones you listed, but my husband loves the Sole F85 he bought last year. I think it was around the price you listed, but it may have been more. I remember searching threads on VF when he was looking, and we chose that one based on recommendations here.
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 03:42 PM  
adrien_73

I have to put in another rave for the Sole F85. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!

It was around $2000 & I bought a lifetime protection plan at Dick's Sporting Goods. If anything ever goes wrong with it, they will either give me a replacement or give me a $2000 credit towards another model. Can't beat that!!!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 06:01 PM  
normandy

I also bought (and love) a Sole treadmill at Dick's -- but it was the F63 model as that one came to about $700 when they had a sale. The fact you can use your iPods or whatever on most of these new treadmills is a great feature. I came very close to getting a Smooth, but after really considering it, I decided it's not a very good idea to buy something like that without trying it out. It's an exceptionally quiet machine, which to me, living in an apartment, means a lot.

The only problem is that none of the other treadmills I have had over the years had to be greased,and Sole does recommend doing this, I think after 3 months. Frankly, I have not done it yet, and wonder if other Sole owners are better than me when it comes to that?

Good luck, whatver you decide -- to me, it's one of the most wonderful investments anyone can make!
normandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 08:36 PM  
txfitmom

I have a really nice Nordic Track treadmill that we bought one year after Christmas (they have really good sales in December and January) for around $800 and it has all the bells and whistles. I do have to say that I only walk on mine, if you are getting one to jog or run, then you might want one that is recommended for that...not sure which ones are good for that since I don't jog.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 07:15 AM  
adrien_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by normandy View Post
I also bought (and love) a Sole treadmill at Dick's -- but it was the F63 model as that one came to about $700 when they had a sale. The fact you can use your iPods or whatever on most of these new treadmills is a great feature. I came very close to getting a Smooth, but after really considering it, I decided it's not a very good idea to buy something like that without trying it out. It's an exceptionally quiet machine, which to me, living in an apartment, means a lot.

The only problem is that none of the other treadmills I have had over the years had to be greased,and Sole does recommend doing this, I think after 3 months. Frankly, I have not done it yet, and wonder if other Sole owners are better than me when it comes to that?

Good luck, whatver you decide -- to me, it's one of the most wonderful investments anyone can make!
I used to have a self-lubricating one, and I while I was TM shopping for my replacement I was told that those are obsolete now...and that they never really WERE self-lubricating! My BF did mine once. The tech that set it up for us said you just put it under the belt, on the rollers in the rear of the TM. DBF said it was really easy. The manual says you are supposed to take the roller apart, but the tech said it really isn't necessary.

HTH!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
equipment, treadmill