Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-11, 01:21 PM  
mmis29

Soooo Embarrassed.

I am so incredibly embarrassed

We have a gym at work, and every day during lunch there are classes. Today was my second time taking kickboxing at work. So convenient! Love it.

I am 32, and have had stress incontinence issues since my son was born (3 years ago!) that have never been 100% resolved and admittedly, it's my fault. I don't do the exercises the dr told me to do because while they don't hurt they just feel WEIRD to me. I hate them with a passion, more than I hate ab work and that's saying something.

Well I need to get over it. Because today after 15 minutes of kickbox, I leaked. While wearing lavender capris, and you could tell. I froze and did an awkward side door shuffle.

So, starting TODAY I will begin my exercises and stick with them, treating them like any other part of my workout routine. And, no more light colored workout pants or shorts. But I am just so incredibly embarrased and ashamed and just feel like hiding under my desk right now.
mmis29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-11, 01:25 PM  
PhyllisG

All I can say is that probably either no one noticed or remembers it if they did. You are the only person focusing on what happened. When something embarrassing happens I always remind myself that it wasn't very important to anyone but me and I am probably the ONLY person still thinking about it. Let it go! Everyone else did if they even thought about it. Sorry you had this experience.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-11, 01:26 PM  
cristinalatina

Awwww, I'm so sorry. I'm sure no one noticed though! People must have been too busy trying to coordinate their arms and legs and following along. I'm sure no one saw anything. (((hugs)))
Old 08-16-11, 01:28 PM  
EnglishIvy

So sorry!! Chances are no one else even noticed. Crotch sweat is common in aerobic type classes so that helps camo the problem too.

Also, you can just wear a pad in the future and that will usually cover any leakage. Poise pads are great but even regular menstrual pads will cover a small loss of urine.
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-11, 01:40 PM  
naturallove

{{HUGS}} Things like this happen. I agree with the others--there is so much underarm and crotch sweat going on during workout classes that it's likely that no one took notice.
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-11, 01:47 PM  
mmis29

Thanks ladies...I didn't think about the whole sweating thing, I usually work out with just me and the crew on my tv screen so I didn't even think about it. I've never noticed crotch sweat on Cathe or Chalene & their crews lol
Old 08-16-11, 01:47 PM  
Sidlynn

I have issues, too, since the birth of my second child. I haven't spoken to a doctor yet (went last month and after discussing other things I just FORGOT!). Anyway, I went to a TRX class for the first time and figured I didn't need any extra protection. Well, we did a seriously high impact warmup, lots of jumping jacks, and even though I had on black capris you could tell they were wet. I wanted to stop but there were only about 6 of us in class - wimp out on the warmup? I don't think so! At one point in the workout we were lying on our backs with our feet in the TRX handles, hips up, opening and closing our legs...yeah, if the instructor hadn't noticed before... I've been back a few times and the warmups have been low impact - step type aerobics on a bosu. Don't know if that's just for me or not!

To sum up: I remain mortified.

"This is good for us!" ~Gilad
Sidlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-11, 01:54 PM  
mmis29

Sidlynn, you are so brave for sticking it out! Thank you for sharing your story. I must say the TRX exercises you described remind me of a trip to the gyno LOL!
Old 08-16-11, 02:05 PM  
jazzy75

I can relate...I have the same issues after 3 natural deliveries. I need to do the exercises more but for the time being I stick to all black pants when working out in a group setting. and get a back corner spot when possible
Old 08-16-11, 02:06 PM  
lexybeth1

Awwwww...Im sorry and I can imagine how you feltBut! I still have that issue after my 5th baby, when I am doing really intense workouts at home, and he is 12 months old now So i totally understand, and it may not make you feel any better, but I think this is a fairly very common issue with women that have had children, my heart goes out to you because I really do understand but I would bet nobody even noticed since it was hard enough to bring you to that, Im guessing the sweat was flying, and I always alwaysss sweat in my "hot spots" before my last baby when I was an avid gym goer, my crotch was wet in my workout pants from just working out, and Im sure it looked like it was more than working out, lol, but it was seriously just that, sweat Hugs to you, and just blow it off, and forget about it
lexybeth1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
incontinence