Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-21-11, 11:37 AM  
ardnas

Slim in 6 rotation

I was so excited to find Slim in 6 at Half Price Books for only $4.98, however it does not include the rotation calendar. I did a search and went through many threads and couldn't find it although I thought I saw it here quite awhile back. Can someone please post the rotation calendar for Slim in 6?
Thank you!
Old 07-21-11, 11:48 AM  
gwenna

The one that came with mine (original set before they shortened Start it Up) was week 1 Start it Up, weeks 2 & 3 Ramp it Up, Weeks 4-6 Burn it Up. 6 days a week. Abs and stretch were recommended to be done 6 days a week as well, and I used the stretch on the off day as well. Hope that helps!

I think people do not always do Start for the full week, depending on their level. I liked Ramp and Burn better than Start it up, even though they were harder I felt they moved at a better pace so moved to Ramp after only 3 or 4 days of Start.
gwenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-11, 12:19 PM  
cardiomama

The Slim in 6 rotation recommendations & for supplemental workouts (abs, stretch) had changed from the previous (program was re-vamped/filmed again w/ new material). The BB staff had recommended that people use each primary workout for 2 weeks each (still a total of 6 weeks), vs. the old recommendation Start it Up for a few days-1 week, Ramp it Up for 2 weeks & Burn it Up for 3 weeks (though likely do to re-vamped Slim in 6 has a longer Start it Up workout, it's 50+ min). The stretch can be done daily, and the abs every other day (makes sense, as the primary workout contain standing & floor ab exercises).

But you can follow what works for you, whenever the primary workout becomes too easy (mastered it), it's time to progress to the next one (so some people could work on Start it Up or Ramp it up for much longer, if they needed to). Do you know if your Slim in 6 set has the shorter or longer version of Start it Up? Some have said that the original Si6 Start it Up workout was 50+ min, but that it was later shortened to 25 min. (I've only used that one).
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-11, 03:03 PM  
furmomof6

There's actually 3 sets of SI6 (IIRC) to further confuse matters! I believe the original Start it Up was longer, around 50 minutes. Then it was shortened to 25 minutes. With the newest set (2010), it's around 33 minutes because it now includes upper body work again (the 25 minute version didn't have upper body work). I have both sets with the 25 and 33 minute versions of Start it Up.

The newest recommendation is to do Start it Up for one week, Ramp for 2 weeks and Burn for 3 weeks. They recommend doing Slim & 6Pack at least 3x per week, along with Slim & Limber (although Debbie says to do the stretch everyday if you have time).

But I agree with Cardiomama in that you can just do what feels right for you.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-11, 03:23 PM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof5 View Post
There's actually 3 sets of SI6 (IIRC) to further confuse matters! I believe the original Start it Up was longer, around 50 minutes. Then it was shortened to 25 minutes. With the newest set (2010), it's around 33 minutes because it now includes upper body work again (the 25 minute version didn't have upper body work). I have both sets with the 25 and 33 minute versions of Start it Up.

The newest recommendation is to do Start it Up for one week, Ramp for 2 weeks and Burn for 3 weeks. They recommend doing Slim & 6Pack at least 3x per week, along with Slim & Limber (although Debbie says to do the stretch everyday if you have time).

But I agree with Cardiomama in that you can just do what feels right for you.
How does she recommend you use the two bonus workouts "Thin Thighs Guaranteed" and "Cardio Core Express"?
I have the 2010 set and those two workouts are included in the package.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-11, 03:36 PM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
How does she recommend you use the two bonus workouts "Thin Thighs Guaranteed" and "Cardio Core Express"?
I have the 2010 set and those two workouts are included in the package.
I don't think she includes those in the rotation recommendation. They were just added as bonus workouts. (I could be wrong because I haven't looked through the paperwork in a while, but I'm almost 100% sure they're not suggested in the rotation)

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-11, 03:52 PM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof5 View Post
I don't think she includes those in the rotation recommendation. They were just added as bonus workouts. (I could be wrong because I haven't looked through the paperwork in a while, but I'm almost 100% sure they're not suggested in the rotation)
I just checked the paperwork and they aren't mentioned.
They are still good bonus workouts! Cardio Core is fun and Thin Thighs Guaranteed is a good little add-on.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debbie s. rotations, debbie siebers, great body guaranteed, slim in 6