Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-11, 01:26 AM  
Michelle
VF Supporter

Love my Vitamix and use it at least once a day for smoothies.

"You must do what you think you cannot do."
Eleanor Roosevelt
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-11, 01:27 AM  
daisyfit

I love my Vitamix, I use it at least once a day and since buying it two years ago, I'm now eating more fruit and vegetables and my skin glows! It was very expensive to buy but it's a long term investment for my health.
daisyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-11, 06:19 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

I have another type of high-speed blender (BlendTec). This isn't to get into one of those ridiculous VitaMix versus BlendTec discussions (they are both excellent), only to say that high-speed blenders are terrific kitchen tools. I got mine in early 2007 and use it at least once a day, sometimes twice. It won't replace a food processor, but if you make green smoothies and blended soups, a high-speed blender is a must. My regular blender was fine for regular smoothies, but my green smoothies always ended up really coarse. There isn't enough power to break down the cell walls of greens in a regular blender.

If you can afford one, a high-speed is a great addition to your kitchen.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-11, 06:53 AM  
MelissaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
I love my vitamix! I use it everyday. The key to really using it, is to prepare your smoothies or whatever in advance. I measure out 12 oz. of various fruits and freeze them in quart baggies. Breakfast is always ready this way. Mine fits under the counter if I set the container next to the machine. I also have some ear plugs/muffs sitting on top of the machine. You will also notice less waste of your fresh foods.

I would check for a Costco demonstration if you have one near you. They are under $400 there. $389 I think.
GREAT IDEA to premeasure the fruit!! I'm addicted to the first smoothie I made with my Vitamix & have yet to venture out & try more. It's just a little water, 1 clementine, 1 frozen banana, & some frozen blueberries. I have to cut & freeze the bananas, so why not throw in some blueberries & then I only have to grab that one bag & the clementine. Plus, I have a scoop in my blueberries bag & every time I scoop some out, I get blue fingers.

I love my Vitamix & have no regrets about getting it. I got mine on QVC when they had 5 easy payments so I only own 4/5's of it at this moment. One more payment to go & that baby's all mine
MelissaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-11, 06:59 AM  
cam522

We have had a VitaMix blender for about 1 year and it is without a doubt the BEST investment we have made. We bought ours from Costco. I kept talking my husband out of it because of the price but we've burned out at least 5 blenders because of smoothies, in the 21 years we've been married.

Ours is used at least twice a day for smoothies. It comes with a receipe book so I've made a carrot cake it in (excellent), hash browns, macaroni and cheese sause and other things. I'm sorry we didn't buy it sooner!!

...Cheryl
cam522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-11, 07:38 AM  
iheartsts

I my Vitamix! I agree with the burning out of other blenders... I went through several regular blenders trying to make smoothies and protein drinks. A reg blender just never blended anything enough. If I made a drink and saved some for later, it would all separate and taste horrible when I tried to drink it later in the day. With my Vitamix, I can make a big drink, save some for later, and it tastes just as good after sitting all day in the fridge.

It's a great investment in your health, and if you feel comfortable about spending the $$, I say go for it!!
Old 05-30-11, 08:32 AM  
2ndgen

Do you have to reblend before you drink the second serving? Also do you mean that you leave it in the refrigerator part, not the freezer?

Do you use whole fruits, including the rinds?

Thanks in advance if you would be so kind as to answer those questions.

That would make a big difference to me if I could make two useable servings at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartsts View Post
I my Vitamix! I agree with the burning out of other blenders... I went through several regular blenders trying to make smoothies and protein drinks. A reg blender just never blended anything enough. If I made a drink and saved some for later, it would all separate and taste horrible when I tried to drink it later in the day. With my Vitamix, I can make a big drink, save some for later, and it tastes just as good after sitting all day in the fridge.

It's a great investment in your health, and if you feel comfortable about spending the $$, I say go for it!!
2ndgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-11, 08:53 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Go for it!
Even though I have the other higher end Vitamix competitor, I think a good powerful blender is a must-have health tool. I put health in bold so you'll have a higher justification point in the way you'll spend your $$.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-11, 09:06 AM  
ncl

I have 2 friends with Vitamix blenders (and I am green with jealousy) and they both love them.

My girlfriend got a refurb and she's been very pleased and saved a bit of money.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-11, 09:11 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaR View Post
GREAT IDEA to premeasure the fruit!! I'm addicted to the first smoothie I made with my Vitamix & have yet to venture out & try more. It's just a little water, 1 clementine, 1 frozen banana, & some frozen blueberries. I have to cut & freeze the bananas, so why not throw in some blueberries & then I only have to grab that one bag & the clementine. Plus, I have a scoop in my blueberries bag & every time I scoop some out, I get blue fingers.

I love my Vitamix & have no regrets about getting it. I got mine on QVC when they had 5 easy payments so I only own 4/5's of it at this moment. One more payment to go & that baby's all mine
That sounds delish! I'm going to try that! Right now I'm drinking a spinach, peaches, apple smoothie. It's really good too!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blenders, ninja, vitamix