Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-11, 07:32 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

I was at one of those As Seen On TV stores the other day and was surprised it had ZUMBA and BBL and TJ.
But I don't buy from infomercials. I figure if it is a "good" product, QVC will have it sooner or later and I can avail myself of their generous return policy.

That is where I got my TJ.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-11, 07:36 PM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemygreatdane View Post
Oh I forgot I have an Urban Rebounder. I haven't used it in a long time because it is too big to leave out. It is fun though. Bought in a store not from tv. I also have CLX, but it is not equipment unless you count the band that comes with it. I do have Shark Steam Mop and love it! I got it at a retail store and not from the infomercial. I love watching infomercials even if I have seen them before. I have watched the P90X one tons of times. I am not even interested in getting P90X. I am not sure what that says about me!
I like watching them over and over too but I've about reached my max for P90X. I'm still really into the Zumba infomercials and have no interest in buying the workout....I go to classes at my gym. I remember when Slim in 6 came out and watched it often but never had any desire to buy it. OH....the malibu pilates one....I watched that one a LONG time and thought about buying it but never did.....same with Fluidity Bar. Never bought it either but it's the one that I came closest to buying of any. I eventually bought a cardio barre which I have not regretted at all. Probably the best purchase I made ...fitness wise.
Old 03-14-11, 07:58 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

I'd forgotten how many infomercial purchases I'd made when I posted originally. Dang, I am a real infomercial sucker!

ShakeWeight - returned within 24 hours to Target. Awkward to use, plus I felt stupid.

Total Gym - too big for our place. Gave it to a friend just to be rid of it.

Urban Rebounder - while I now prefer the JumpFit, I bounced the HECK of my UR and lost a lot of weight one summer by jumping 45 minutes/day. A definitely good buy for me. Plus I use this in the garage (nobody downstairs) and I can be as loud as I want.

Nordic Track (original) - same thing. Lost some weight and really loved it one summer but then I moved to an upstairs apt and the guy below me said it was ridiculously loud so it went to Goodwill the next day.

Supreme Pilates - I liked it but it was too big to leave out and too cumbersome to fold daily. Sold it on Craigslist.

Perfect Pushups - these just don't get used at all. I imagine they'll be a donation within the next year or two.
Old 03-15-11, 07:12 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

I have two infomercial products and use them both daily.....fluidity bar and fanny lifter. Could not survive without either.
sheepla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-11, 01:08 PM  
rickets
VF Supporter

I have a transfirmer that I used for a good 4-5 years, but I finally got a club step and mostly use that now.

There's one piece of infomercial equipment that we (sort of) get tons of use out of: this cheesy sort of exercise bike thingie that we got back in the late 90's, I think. It wasn't exactly a bike -- you pulled on the handles and pushed on the pedals and it would cause the seat to raise up and down. I don't know what it was called, but we only used it a few times as intended. Then, when we were about to throw it out, it occurred to my husband that he could remove the handlebar portion, turn it upside-down, and bolt it to the wall of our exercise room...for use as a pullup/chinup bar. He uses it all the time that way.
rickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-11, 04:41 PM  
cam522

I completely forgot about the Bender Ball. I used to use it all the time and I really liked it, I'll have to get it out again!

Cheryl
cam522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-11, 04:57 PM  
muddjeansgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickets View Post
I have a transfirmer that I used for a good 4-5 years, but I finally got a club step and mostly use that now.

There's one piece of infomercial equipment that we (sort of) get tons of use out of: this cheesy sort of exercise bike thingie that we got back in the late 90's, I think. It wasn't exactly a bike -- you pulled on the handles and pushed on the pedals and it would cause the seat to raise up and down. I don't know what it was called, but we only used it a few times as intended. Then, when we were about to throw it out, it occurred to my husband that he could remove the handlebar portion, turn it upside-down, and bolt it to the wall of our exercise room...for use as a pullup/chinup bar. He uses it all the time that way.
I remember that thing. I wanted one so bad cause it looked like fun.
The infomercial had all these women doing sexy dance type moves with it all in unison. Covert Bailey was also on it too.
Cannot for the life of me remember the name.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-11, 09:20 PM  
Kimberly33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickets View Post
A Health Rider! My SO had one and used it religiously (alternated with a recumbant bike). It's in storage now. He is the only person I've ever heard of to use one regularly for fitness (until now ).

I'm taking classes on a Gravity machine now--It's an industrial version of the Total Gym. I *LOVE* it. Does that count?

Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul
You've got to run like an antelope, out of control. (Phish)

Can't control the kittens!
Too many whiskers. Too many whiskers
(Sleep Talkin' Man)
Kimberly33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-11, 09:23 PM  
Sissy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly33 View Post
A Health Rider! My SO had one and used it religiously (alternated with a recumbant bike). It's in storage now. He is the only person I've ever heard of to use one regularly for fitness (until now ).
I think my Mom has one of those.

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-11, 09:59 PM  
DirtDiva

I totally forgot that the Nordic Trac, Total Gym and the Bowflex were infomercials, and I bought them all.

I lost 101 pounds with the Nordic Trac. I was muscular and at my perfect weight when I got pregnant and had a 10 pound boy. I went from 130 pounds (5'9") to 245. Even my doctor was alarmed but said all the tests were showing I was healthy. Afterward though, oy! I was devastated and my husband bought the Nordic Trac Achiever and I lost the weight in 8 months. Nordic Trac even approached me to be in one of their infomercials! Along comes baby number two, and yup, I gained 85 pounds again with another 10-pounder. I think my body was designed this way because I was so careful this time. I bought a Total Gym and the Bowflex, and lost the weight again in about 8 months. I've since sold all three.
DirtDiva is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bun and thigh rocker, equipment, equipment gathering dust, infomercial