Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-11, 03:58 PM  
yoni

kitty I'm jealous, I want to order too! except international shipping is 60 $ there!
yoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 04:10 PM  
kitty12

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoni View Post
kitty I'm jealous, I want to order too! except international shipping is 60 $ there!
Wow - yes, that is a LOT!! I'll be sure to report back.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 05:46 PM  
yoni

I tried the free segment today and I liked it a lot, she doesn't hold poses very long and there are a lot of standing balances and side plank variations, it was kind of challenging but doable to me since I do a lot of side planks regularly, she gives easier variations to some of the poses, the practice culminates with bird of paradise.
Old 02-04-11, 06:43 AM  
kitty12

Glad you liked it! I only had a chance to watch it but liked what I saw.
Old 02-04-11, 05:00 PM  
laurajhawk

This is $14.99 for preorder on Amazon right now (release April 1). That's cheap enough to be tempting...

I have an awful lot of Shiva and don't reach for it very often, though. Especially since there's sooo much footage on some of the DVDs -- there are quite a few segments and premixes of Fluid Power and Daily Energy and Yogini that I haven't even done yet. So I don't think I'll get this one, but wanted to mention that price!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11, 06:45 AM  
kitty12

I received the DVD Monday. Will post more about it later this week - maybe this weekend. I did the flow with pushups - I think it was called Body Namaskar 108. I guess it still has the idea of 108 reps - I'll take her word for it since she said she would count for us. But there are just two sets of 12 pushups. I really liked the flow and it was a nice whole body workout. The things I remember from it (all exercises have reps or pulses):
squat
Bridge pose
Pushups with variations (knee, toe, toe lifting one leg)
side planks with arm and leg variations
table pose - she works the triceps as well here
nice ab work
crescent pose

I'll give a better breakdown later, but I did really like it. Seemed different than her other DVDs.
Old 02-09-11, 10:03 AM  
yoni

thanks a lot kitty! tell us more . I want it too ! but I would have to wait a month and a half. so I guess the clip acacia uploaded is vira flow?
Old 02-09-11, 08:33 PM  
kitty12

Yeah, I think that is right - Vira flow is the one on the web. I'll post more soon!
Old 02-11-11, 12:27 PM  
lorajc

I did the 2nd segment off of this one this AM after my TA mat work. I LOVED it. It was really different, HA kriya, twisting and other stuff that got my HR up. Some free form movement connecting with your inner self and letting lose and then some flow like poses. The only thing I wished that would have been different were more finishing poses. The only real finishing pose was wide-legged forward bend on the floor. I added a couple of my own while she was doing alternate nostril breathing.

I previewed the first segment and it looks like it has lots of strengthening core work and such.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 02:42 PM  
yoni

thanks Laura - sounds nice and similar to her prana yoga from trance dance.

Tags
am energy, nauli, shiva rea