Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-18-10, 08:35 PM  
ella

Has anyone tried Walking Cardio Shape Up Mix with Chris Freytag?

I am just getting back into exercising after back surgery and what better way to motivate myself than with a new workout!

I'm looking for impressions, reviews or breakdowns of this workout.
http://www.exercisetv.tv/store/p-283...apeup-max.aspx

TIA!
Ella
ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-10, 09:11 PM  
jessicavi

I tried this on ETV and I love it. It alternates btween walking intervals and light weights. The music is really fun. It's not just walking in place. There are some mambos, running in place, and some abwork. Chris is a great instructor. I think I raved about this w/o some time ago. You may find some info on it if you do a search by her name.
jessicavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-10, 09:36 PM  
GeminiGLB

Jessica's Rave: http://www.forum.videofitness.com/sh...=chris+freytag

I just got the DVD on Saturday, which also includes a cardio + strength workout called "Walk & Sculpt" (haven't found it On Demand yet).
GeminiGLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-10, 10:24 PM  
Mary L

I'm wondering how this one compares to her 2-Week Turnaround Cardio dvd. Do any of you who bought this have the Turnaround one to give me a comparison? Thanks, Mary.
Mary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-10, 05:10 AM  
CHAPLYN61

I got a chance to preview this workout ( showed up last night) It is not like 2 week turnaround in that the reps are not slowed down. I found it similar to the walking cardio shape up and some of the moves that she used from 10lb slim down. It appears to be lower impact than the first one Won't get a chance to actually do it until the weekend. to give you a better idea. I'm just happy that they put the walking cardio shapeup on DVD as downloading was not an option for me and I love this workout. 5 minutes of cardio, then 5 minutes of strength. Nice total body /cardio workout when you are short on time.
CHAPLYN61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-10, 02:52 PM  
Gyggles1

I also really like this workout, was going to do it this morning but didn't have enough time I did workout just wasn't this workout anyway I like it, a lot better and more fun than a Leslie IMO and granted I still do Leslie's occasionally this is just a bit more fun plus I like it has the weighted intervals. I use 5# DB's but you could go lighter or heavier whichever you'd need would be great too.
I did this workout on ETV twice last week, didn't realize it was now on DVD though but I will keep doing it on ETV while its t here

Love this message by Jessica Smith
"every step you take is one step closer to your goal"
Gyggles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-10, 03:17 PM  
moonbeam31

I love 2 week turnaround:cardio with Chris and Jessica Smith! Great workout!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-10, 03:41 PM  
TLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary L View Post
I'm wondering how this one compares to her 2-Week Turnaround Cardio dvd. Do any of you who bought this have the Turnaround one to give me a comparison? Thanks, Mary.
This one is tougher than 2 Week Turnaround IMO.
2 Week Turnaround has 2 walking portions and a 10 minute yoga (love) portion. The first walking section uses weights - but you are walking with them - so the weight is most likely lighter. Both walks feature "short speed bursts" or intervals - where you can modify up (plyo moves).

I like both workouts - Walking Cardio Shape up has 4 (I think) 5 minute strength sections where you can use heavier weights.
TLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-10, 04:12 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

To clarify: Walking Cardio Shape-Up Max has two separate 40min routines on it; 2-Week Turnaround Cardio has two 15min routines (which can be combined for a 30min routine) plus a 10min yoga stretch. So the most obvious difference is in program length.

They are all very good, and all doable but more advanced (imo) than Leslie's walks. 2-Week Turnaround Cardio is the easier (but not too easy) and shorter of the two.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-10, 04:56 PM  
CHAPLYN61

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam31 View Post
I love 2 week turnaround:cardio with Chris and Jessica Smith! Great workout!
I also love this cardio routine. The strength type was ok, but the cardio, i really enjoy
CHAPLYN61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2 week turnaround, back surgery, chris freytag, exercise tv, exercisetv, walking workouts