Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-10, 02:41 PM  
laurajhawk

I did a P90X rotation with kittens in the house. During Ab Ripper X, kitty Monty would grab my ponytail on every rep. I can't say it did much for my form, but it did keep me awake.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 02:45 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Joan,
geez... that guy really needs to find a new home! I can only imagine how much that must all grate on your nerves! Even without the inappropriate drunk blubber etc. from previous times.. which would have me feel uncomfortable around him too if I were in your shoes!..
I hope your SO will give him a firm nudge to move out soon; for both of your sakes!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 02:57 PM  
Indy

I have my own workout space and I am very thankful for it although I'm not really embarassed at all to workout in front of my DH. Sometimes I wish he would see how hard I work or how complicated and difficult the routine is. I don't, however, want him to see if it is kicking my butt!

If any of my immediate family saw me working out - it really wouldn't bother me at all but I don't think I would like if anybody else witnessed it.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 03:14 PM  
blessed_mom_to_3

I'll work out in front of my kids but don't like it when my DH walks in the room and I'm in the middle of a workout - particularly if I'm doing a move where I'm less than graceful, lol. He never walks in when I'm doing something "pretty'!

The kids, though, they can watch, as long as there are no weights involved (I'd rather not chase down a squealing 2-year-old who just snatched my five pound weight and is running gleefully through the house with it). I figure I'm modeling good habits for them.

I do prefer to work out alone if possible, but in a house with four other people, it doesn't always happen that way.
blessed_mom_to_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 05:39 PM  
Malinda

We have a separate workout room, but I don't mind if DH sees me working out, especially now that he does Shred and truly appreciates how tough workout DVDs can be. Sometimes he'll stop by to tell me I look better than all those girls in Turbo Fire (he's blinded by love, obviously!).

However, I absolutely, positively will not do Hip Hop Hustle in front of anyone. Even my cats roll their eyes when I'm doing that.
Malinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 06:23 PM  
Diavolobella
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
Oh yeah, cats can be quite sardonic, can't they!

Diavolobella - I think you need to sit down and have a firm talk with your hubby - soon!
I wish I could, but Eric is my boyfriend (not my husband) and the guy is staying at Eric's house (not mine) so it's not really my place to tell him he has to make the guy leave. He feels sorry for him and he's known him for many years. He doesn't mean to be obnoxious, he's just oblivious to how he comes across and how tactless what he says is. That said, I'm fairly sure Eric's charitable instincts are close to their end point, so hopefully he will be gone soon. I can certainly hint, but I can't tell Eric to make him leave.

"We all want the looooove...without the handles!" Tracy Effinger

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Diavolobella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 06:24 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed_mom_to_3 View Post
I'd rather not chase down a squealing 2-year-old who just snatched my five pound weight and is running gleefully through the house with it.
Could be a new workout trend!
Old 08-30-10, 06:24 PM  
Diavolobella
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Gremlins View Post
Joan,
geez... that guy really needs to find a new home! I can only imagine how much that must all grate on your nerves! Even without the inappropriate drunk blubber etc. from previous times.. which would have me feel uncomfortable around him too if I were in your shoes!..
I hope your SO will give him a firm nudge to move out soon; for both of your sakes!
Amen

"We all want the looooove...without the handles!" Tracy Effinger

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Diavolobella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
family, house guests, mononucleosis, self-conscious