Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-10, 12:42 PM  
shortie

I've got a Ramp also that I don't use, as well as the full set of Ramp DVDs for SASE or CT pickup!
shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 01:11 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
Ah yes, the odious April.
Awww, poor April. She's so hammy she just makes me laugh.
Her mom is in the workouts as well. I notice the mom was invited back to do the Walk Slim set, not April.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 04:09 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Yikes, I just got rid of my ramp and Gin DVDs - too much dust on them! Should I have kept them? This is why I have a problem giving away workout stuff!

Donna
Will you have seller's/trader's remorse? Maybe! I bought a ramp/Walkblaster in 2006 (with Leslie and Gin DVDs), donated to a thrift shop when I moved in 2007, missed it after about a year, then bought another ramp in 2009, along with three of Gin's DVDs. I don't use it often, but the inclined surface is a lot kinder to my knees than step, and it does have a big fun factor. In fact, I may drag it out tonight--along with the DVD where Gin does "salsa arms."

And oh yes--April is indeed odious!

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 04:43 PM  
dnna

I remember when Gin's ramp workouts were new and a vfer wrote an incensed review about how Gin taught- a grapevine!!! hahaha I still remember that post and laugh because- I can never so a grapevine- I do a terrible sort of grapevine.
lol
I think the Leslie ramp workouts do give a really tough lower body workout, but I haven't done those in so long.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 05:52 PM  
LAC

Never tried Leslie's ramp workouts. I have all of Gin's and don't like any of them. I love simple choreo, but these were just a snooze fest for me. Maybe I'll have a garage sale in the spring and see if I can get rid of the ramp.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 05:53 PM  
CHAPLYN61

I still use the leslie ramp and the one workout with the lower body sculpting emphasis. I like it and feel that i am getting a mini lower body workout with cardio effect and I can tune April out. I couldn't at first, but can now.
CHAPLYN61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 06:03 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

This clip will give you a feel for Leslie's Walkblaster workouts. April is the young woman with long dark hair (closeup of her around 1:16): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qMSa7sOjf8
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 06:25 PM  
Sara1000

I kept a couple of Gin's. I never do them, but the colorful ramp looks so pretty in my workout room! And you never know - someday I may feel like doing them again!
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-10, 11:41 AM  
Gams

My best friend teaches ramping classes here - they are very popular. Her music is pretty fast, though, and she uses more variety in her choreography than they do in the ramping workout DVDs that came out. I'm going to class tonight, as a matter of fact!!!!
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-10, 12:06 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
My best friend teaches ramping classes here - they are very popular. Her music is pretty fast, though, and she uses more variety in her choreography than they do in the ramping workout DVDs that came out. I'm going to class tonight, as a matter of fact!!!!
Oh, how fun! I ended up doing Gin's Cardio Challenge with the ramp last night and had forgotten how fun it is. The 46 minutes just flew by, and Gin's "cardio for the butt" jokes still crack me up.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
equipment gathering dust, leslie sansone, ramp, ramping, walkblaster