Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-26-09, 09:32 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I was disappointed right from looking at the clips, and have no intention on ordering these.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-09, 09:46 AM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I was disappointed right from looking at the clips, and have no intention on ordering these.
The clips were disappointing to me too so I passed on them.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-09, 04:33 PM  
dnna

the one I called "the med. ball one is Staying Power. I tried Defining Shape today. I did 30 min. of cardio before the workout and then a 40 min. stretch (Fab forever easy stretch).
Sticking with my assessment that the series is similiar to to the Pink Firms. I also think fans of fitPrime/Kickbutt would like them.
Defining Shape- hmm, not sure I liked it. She had a nice warm up-remember the "quick quick slow "count of the Tortoise/Hare? She uses that a lot. There was a 6 min. weighted squat segment.and a Deadlift segment, yuck . She went to the floor at 35 min. and I did like that segment but it was so short-abs were barely worked. For a full body workout- I would pass on this one.
The production -great, nice music , Tracie -fabulous, just herself- if you liked her before you will like her. If you're not a fan- she won't win you over in this one.
I am 60, a solid intermediate, daily exerciser.
Donna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-09, 04:58 PM  
Just_Jo

I only bought Step Forward, but I loved it. It was a nice, solid step workout with an athletic feel. Not dancy at all, which I liked. I had a great calorie burn for the first go through and her instruction was fantastic, as always.

I really love the step workout.
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-09, 08:01 PM  
stacy4ft9

I am thrilled with her new workouts! I did Step Forward yesterday and was in heaven. Can't wait to try the others!
stacy4ft9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-09, 09:23 PM  
s2546

I have all except the step and liked them all. They have a more functional feel but still effective.
To give you an idea of my collection I have every Cathe except Shock cardio (too redundant), every old Firm/new Firm, Slim Series, CLX, Kettlebells from various;Kelley Coffee; Tae bo; etc and i still like Tracie's style and teaching.

Sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-09, 11:41 PM  
LovingLife
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Pat -- First I have to say that I just noticed that's Ellen with you in your picture! How fun!! I'll have to hear about that class another time.

Secondly, I had the same impression when I first previewed these. They seemed so bland to me for some reason. Then I gave them a second look, liked a few and decided to pre-order so I could get the discount (and could always sell a few). But I got my order today and so far (full preview of 2 of them), they look so much better on my TV in full form than they did on those little clips. I'm excited! Actually working out with them starts tomorrow though. I'm hoping to like them as much as I think I will.

"I know you're tired, but jump higher!"
-- Cathe

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with Beachbody. For details, take a look at my profile or see my blog www.foodplusfitness.net .
LovingLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-09, 09:00 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Enjoy, Renee! The workshop with Ellen was a BLAST! I wrote a big old review about it. I was glowing for two weeks afterward, and it resparks every time I use one of her DVDs.

(Sorry to semi hi-jack Tracie's thread )
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-09, 09:32 AM  
lorajc

The first one I did was Defining Shape and I didn't really care for it. Then I did Staying Power and liked it and today I did Back Up are REALLY liked it. I think there is a slight learning curve with these and they will work you harder once you know them. I loved the athletic cardio moves with the med ball on Back Up! It was fun....just what I needed this AM.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-09, 09:55 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
Sticking with my assessment that the series is similiar to to the Pink Firms. I also think fans of fitPrime/Kickbutt would like them.
This sounds good to me!! I absolutely adore the FitPrime/Kickbutt series. I also like several of the Pink Firms though I do wish they were a little different than that. I guess I just love the Anna Benson flair though I recognize we are talking about Tracie Long not Anna Benson. I love Tracie too though!!

I have been doing a TLT/Fitprime/Kickbutt rotation and after not doing the TLTs since they came out, I am appreciating some of the overlap music (from Strength in Movement) with the FitPrimes.

Tags
awt, functional fitness, glitches, mark henriksen, step forward, tracie long