Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-09, 08:33 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I think she looks quite a bit like Debbie in that clip - they could be sisters, and both so pretty!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-09, 01:43 AM  
gwendolyn

Thanks for the clips! However, it seems that these clips didn't show the footage of the new Slim in 6. I'd like to see the new set and new background instructors. It would be nice if we could hear sample of the new music too.
Old 08-16-09, 08:35 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Makes sense they can't show clips of the new videos, since they're not "ready" and BB is still shipping out the old series.
Old 08-16-09, 08:57 AM  
fagiles

I wonder when the new one is released if the price of the old one will decrease. SI6 and P90X are on at least 4 times a day. I am considering ordering SI6 for the new music if I can't trade for it. I can always return it if I don't like it.
fagiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-09, 12:36 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
I think someone asked about how long the workouts were. Start It Up was orginally much longer on VHS when it first came out, but has since been shortened to 25 minutes when released to DVD. Ramp It Up, Burn It Up, Keep It Up are just under an hour.
I have the whole Slim in 6 series on DVD and it includes the longer version (about an hour) of Start It Up. Keep It Up is only about 40 minutes.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-09, 02:46 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I read the 'Everything Slim Series' thread and someone said it wouldn't make sense to buy Sin6 if you have SS. They said the only workout worthwhile if you've already been exercising - especially if you've used SS, is Burn it Up. If you follow the Sin6 program, you do a very beginner workout for a week, then a slightly more advanced workout for a week, then finally get to the meat of the program, which is Burn is Up. Of course, this is only someone's opinion. I wouldn't follow the program that way anyway.

I'm going to wait to see what the new Sin6 is and I may not want it anyway, since I have SS.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-09, 02:54 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I read the 'Everything Slim Series' thread and someone said it wouldn't make sense to buy Sin6 if you have SS. They said the only workout worthwhile if you've already been exercising - especially if you've used SS, is Burn it Up.
Don't believe everything you read, Joni. I do Start It Up and Ramp It Up fairly often. Burn It Up (aka "Barf It Up") is a killer. I'm glad I have SI6.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-09, 02:57 PM  
eastblvd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta View Post
Don't believe everything you read, Joni. I do Start It Up and Ramp It Up fairly often. Burn It Up (aka "Barf It Up") is a killer. I'm glad I have SI6.
I agree! Start It Up is not "very beginner" in my opinion, and it makes a great add-on!
eastblvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-09, 03:01 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I don't get why they're promoting it with infomercials so much now when the new set hasn't been released yet. Aren't buyers going to be annoyed when a new, revised set comes out right after their purchase? I would!
Old 08-16-09, 03:33 PM  
Sara1000

I think the Si6 workouts are easy in that the weight work is not very long or heavy, but the pace seems to keep my HR up quite well, which I think is the critical factor. These workouts are designed NOT to build muscle, but to burn fat. The ab work is pretty extensive, both standing and traditional.

I only kept Slim Series a short time but there were so many reps I strained a ligament or something on the side of my hip. It hurt when I walked for weeks.

Plus Debbie chats and jokes a lot more which I found annoying. And walks around to the class more, ala Tony. And of course the music was horrible.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachbody, slim in 6, slim in 6 (2010)