Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-09, 09:35 AM  
BevPerry

Here is what I found on the Beachbody website. Someone posted this information.

good news!!! i called coach relations & they said it is due to be released in September but they did not have the deffinate day in September. If i hear anything more I will post it here!!! So, Hang in there it's on the way!!! ~Patty

I am so anticipating this one!
BevPerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-09, 09:45 AM  
fagiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
It is interesting that you like Sin6 better than SS. I did the SS rotation once and developed such a dread factor I traded it. I have been keeping my eye out for the new Sin6 but I am not sure what infomercial I am seeing on TV--old or new. Are there more than 2 background exercisers? I like it when they show Debbie with a full class for some reason. Is that the new version? I am totally clueless. And ITA--like I really need these!

I noticed a few fitness infomercials show a group setting but in reality the set is totally different.... Si6, FlirtyGirl Fitness, Melt it Off. There are 2-3 background exercisers and the set is totally different. I can't recall the name but I purchased the set with kettlebells and the infomercial showed a warehouse setting but it was completely different.

I don't know why but I am really considering ordering Si6 with the new music. I had the first version and the music was just too boring. I might be tempted to order both new versions.

felecia
fagiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-09, 10:20 AM  
Sara1000

The new music is pretty upbeat and enjoyable but not terribly noticable. There is a No Music option. Since Debbie doesn't keep a steady beat it is not always perfectly synchronized but they did an excellent job IMO.

I was thinking I might order the all new one also but I will wait to see how Debbie is in the new ones. I'm pretty content with this one right now.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-09, 10:47 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I love SS, but have the same dread factor. I can't possibly work out that long before I go to work. I'd need to get up at 4 AM ! Once upon a time, someone here posted some ideas for breaking these workouts up. Maybe I'll look for that post. Do I really need Sin6 if I have SS?

I just watched the QVC segment on this from a while ago. It looks like only the first DVD is 30 minutes. Then they start getting longer and longer
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-09, 10:52 AM  
fagiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I love SS, but have the same dread factor. I can't possibly work out that long before I go to work. I'd need to get up at 4 AM ! Once upon a time, someone here posted some ideas for breaking these workouts up. Maybe I'll look for that post. Do I really need Sin6 if I have SS?

I just watched the QVC segment on this from a while ago. It looks like only the first DVD is 30 minutes. Then they start getting longer and longer

Joni,

I thought it was on QVC in the past but looked for it and couldn't find the clip. Maybe I am looking in wrong section. I search Slim in 6 and didn't locate it.
fagiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-09, 11:37 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I am doing a Si6/SS rotation right now and am really enjoying these workouts! I will probably cave on the new Si6, just to see what the differences are!

I think someone asked about how long the workouts were. Start It Up was orginally much longer on VHS when it first came out, but has since been shortened to 25 minutes when released to DVD. Ramp It Up, Burn It Up, Keep It Up are just under an hour.

Four of the Slim Series workouts (Tone, Firm, Mix, Cool) are also just under an hour, with Tear It Up and Shape It Up being about 80 minutes! You can certainly do only half of the longer workouts or split them up any way you want.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-09, 12:23 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

The QVC clip is on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri5tpE4ymz0
Old 08-15-09, 04:05 PM  
Sara1000

Just to add about the new music, it's typical canned exercise music but nothing I had ever heard before. It wasn't rock songs or anything like that. Not something that would stick in your head but I really liked it. It had a good beat, even if Debbie wasn't always on it.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-09, 04:25 PM  
Kerri

Did anyone notice how great our very own Northern California VFer, LovingLife (Renee), looks in the infomercial??!! Wow, 6 kids!!!

Kerri
Kerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-09, 05:30 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Yup, definitely noticed that - especially in the QVC segment.

Tags
beachbody, slim in 6, slim in 6 (2010)