Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-09, 07:06 PM  
videofit

Wouldn't you all like to see Oprah do a show on Women Fitness Pioneers? You'd have to limit them to women over 50. Margaret Richard, Denise Austin, Joyce Vedral and Kathy Smith are still around. Anyone else? Ideally, she would bring in Jane Fonda, who started it all. C'mon people, email Oprah now!
Old 03-17-09, 09:32 PM  
dnna

When I was speaking to her, I was pretty sure it was just a small ball but now I don't know! I am sorry, I can't think why you would blow up a small playground ball? duh!!
she said it was not a medicine ball, and it was good for form and posture
It could be a stability ball! sorry, I just don't know, She just said a ball workout, a dvd, a ball and a pump ( scratching my head!!!)
Donna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-09, 06:30 AM  
sundari

Thanks Donna for the info. It sounds to me like the workouts that are now on PBS where Margaret uses a small playground ball. Margaret also uses a playground ball in "Good N Strong".

I had bought a playground ball to use for "Squeeze" so I wouldn't need a second one. I wonder how much this will be at QVC.
Old 03-18-09, 11:32 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899
She puts it between her thighs or under her knees during exercises. Sherry
You also lay on the ball (lower back area) for ab work! You will use it for balance during side-leg work, with your hand resting on the ball in front of you. It's also placed underneath the hip area while laying across the ball for more leg or ab work!

I love how she uses the ball in "Good 'N Strong!" I would be pleased if it were more of the same...or something new, either way!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-09, 01:05 PM  
videofit

She uses a small kid's ball in Unplugged 1900 Vol. 1 for bridge work, but I don't find it necessary. Quite easy to modify. I hope Margaret doesn't start requiring more and more equipment a la The Firm. I have her stretch out strap and that's enough.
Old 03-19-09, 06:46 PM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit
She uses a small kid's ball in Unplugged 1900 Vol. 1 for bridge work, but I don't find it necessary. Quite easy to modify. I hope Margaret doesn't start requiring more and more equipment a la The Firm. I have her stretch out strap and that's enough.
I don't think anyone will be as bad as the latest Firms. I think Gaiam has cornered the market they can keep it.
Old 06-11-09, 11:40 PM  
Non-Dancer

QVC Appearance?

Does anyone know what happened to Margaret Richard's QVC appearance? There is nothing on her web site or on twitter. No MR products are listed on QVC. I wonder if it fell through.
Non-Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-09, 08:36 AM  
dnna

I hope it didn't fall through.Mr mentioned all the work getting the kit made, the ball is from China, and that it was a lot of time and effort.she waa
s also very excited to be on QVC. Stephanie Huckabee is getting great reviews on her Powerfit on QVC, she has a nice on screen personality that make you want to buy it. I would love to see MR selling her stuff!
From talking to her (once) she really enjoys using the ball in her workouts, I don't think it is a build a gadget ploy.
I have so been looking forward to this! hope it goes through-all the components and packing etc have to be completed by MR company before QVC will give them a date.
donna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-09, 08:41 AM  
Bailey0723

I just called this morning to see if my pre-order shipped. I also asked about the QVC appearance, and they said she is scheduled for 6/24.
Bailey0723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-09, 09:47 AM  
sundari

Thanks Bailey thats right around the corner.

Tags
margaret richard, muscle and grace, qvc