Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-22-09, 02:53 PM  
Calistro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleGuy View Post
A very kind VF-er has lent me these two and they arrived today. I will preview them tonight. I can't do anything else because I can't move my arms after going too heavy while doing a Cory Everson vid yesterday!
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-09, 05:28 PM  
kat999

Okay Fast Cheetah is not an immediate hit for me, at least not yet. I love Heidi and I've done other Kimberly Spreen workouts, but for some reason this just completely flattened me, and not in a good way.

I'm going to try it again but so far I'm not crazy about it.
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-09, 05:29 PM  
MuscleGuy

Oh no....I wonder if this is the same workout as the original??

MuscleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-09, 07:48 PM  
Calistro

Quote:
Oh no....I wonder if this is the same workout as the original??
It sounds like the remake to me.
Old 05-23-09, 01:32 AM  
MuscleGuy

But is the remake the same actual workout as the original??

MuscleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 05:27 AM  
Calistro

Quote:
But is the remake the same actual workout as the original??

I am going to check my kimberly version again, there may be a slight variation in the moves, but I have not done it for so long.
Old 05-23-09, 09:26 AM  
kat999

I did this again this morning in an effort to pinpoint what I didn't like. First of all, I love the beginning and end with Heidi. Tough but do-able, both the warmup and the abs and cool down. Secondly, I do like Kimberly as an instructor, but I think it's mostly her four-limb and kickboxing segments that I don't like in the cardio portion. I think during four-limb, I felt like her moves made it necessary to pyramid down in weight because I simply could not do the little pauses and such with the poundage I normally use for light work--I went down from 4 to 2 lbs. for these segments. That helped, to be sure, but I wasn't happy to have to do that. I do like her L-step and mambo sections, however.

The kickboxing stuff... I guess I'm just not a fan. I used to do Tae Bo years ago but found it just too difficult choreography-wise. Thus, when this segment comes on in this video... meh. It's out of the blue. I know Kimberly is known for her kickboxing, but it's just not my favorite stuff. *shrug*

Does the Tracie version have kickboxing? If not, I'm likely to try again to obtain her version.

In sum, I don't hate this, I just dislike certain parts of it. Honestly, I might just skip through the 4-limb and kickboxing chapters on subsequent sessions with this DVD.

I will say I love all of the music though. Good stuff.
Old 05-23-09, 09:30 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Kat, the Tracie version of Fast Cheetah does have one kickboxing segment. It also uses a medicine ball--does the remake? I thought I remembered that the remake actually wasn't very similar at all.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 10:22 AM  
debbied
VF Supporter

'Cause of this thread, I did Tracie's Strong Bear again. I can't tell you why, but I just do hers more than the newer one. For some unknown reason, I kept four of the originals and I am glad I did. I just cannot get myself to do the newer ones....For the most part, they are the same workouts, as I recall, and I like the newer instructors, but I just keep looking at the workouts on the shelf. And then doing another workout

Debbie

Constantly in a state of gratitude.

Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams. Sean O'Malley

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. Jean Kerr
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 12:54 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Kat, the Tracie version of Fast Cheetah does have one kickboxing segment. It also uses a medicine ball--does the remake? I thought I remembered that the remake actually wasn't very similar at all.
No, the remake does not have a medicine ball. What do you do with it in the Tracie version? I have one. Might be fun for something different.

How long does Tracie's kickboxing segment go? Kimberly's is at least several minutes. I don't mind punches, I'm just not crazy about the actual kicking.

Tags
firm 90 day rotation, fitprime rotation, fitprimes, keli roberts, strong bear, tracie long