Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-12-09, 08:10 AM  
naturallove

See, now my curiosity has been piqued yet again (Adam, you're fired!) about these FitPrimes! I don't like to do a lot of isolation work but these sound really intriguing. Off to try to acquire (or temporary trade) for some of these. Are there any highly recommended original FPs (or WHFNs)?
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 09:17 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

NL, the only original FP that I tried and didn't like was JAC's Up & Down. If you like Tracie, hers are very good, and she has several (eg, the above-mentioned Weights First and Fast Cheetah) which use a medicine ball if you like that option. I also enjoy working out with Kelsie Daniels in Steamin' Cardio, and Susan Harris's Time Crunch is fun too.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 10:37 AM  
MuscleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturallove View Post
See, now my curiosity has been piqued yet again (Adam, you're fired!) about these FitPrimes! I don't like to do a lot of isolation work but these sound really intriguing. Off to try to acquire (or temporary trade) for some of these. Are there any highly recommended original FPs (or WHFNs)?
Just doing my job, ma'am! Actually, Tracie does a lot of combo moves in these workouts so I wouldn't really say they are isolation moves. For example, she does rows combined with squats in Strong Bear, and curtsey lunges combined with squats and bicep curls in Fast Cheetah.

These are the only two FitPrimes I have, but as you may have guessed by now....I recommend them highly!

I should be getting Weights First later this week, or next week......and then I'll probably recommend that too.

MuscleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 12:32 PM  
Calistro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleGuy View Post
Just doing my job, ma'am! Actually, Tracie does a lot of combo moves in these workouts so I wouldn't really say they are isolation moves. For example, she does rows combined with squats in Strong Bear, and curtsey lunges combined with squats and bicep curls in Fast Cheetah.

These are the only two FitPrimes I have, but as you may have guessed by now....I recommend them highly!

I should be getting Weights First later this week, or next week......and then I'll probably recommend that too.
Adam,

have you tried crunch time with susan harris and from the ground up with heidi tanner?

I love those two, they are my abolute favorites from the first fitprimes, but I do like Tracy too
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 01:23 PM  
MuscleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
Adam,

have you tried crunch time with susan harris and from the ground up with heidi tanner?

I love those two, they are my abolute favorites from the first fitprimes, but I do like Tracy too
No, I haven't, Calistro. I've only done Strong Bear and Fast Cheetah so far. I'll definitely look into them if you recommend them.

I love the FitPrime format....one-on-one instruction from a top instructor, unique and creative but effective moves, a big mirror behind the instructor so you can see two angles of the exercises...

....and the rugs, of course.

Old 05-12-09, 04:25 PM  
MuscleGuy

Anyone know if "From The Ground Up" ever came out on DVD (or DVD-R)?

Old 05-12-09, 04:45 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleGuy View Post
Anyone know if "From The Ground Up" ever came out on DVD (or DVD-R)?
I'm pretty sure it was released on DVD. I actually have From the Ground Up and Crunch Time on 1 pressed DVD as a special "mix". both of these workouts - they are FUN! I really enjoy the one-on-one aspect of the FitPrimes; like they are my very own personal trainers!

Never got into the WHFN remakes as much. The ones I tried didn't thrill me, bright colors notwithstanding.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-09, 05:52 AM  
kat999

This thread has inspired me to seek out the FitPrimes. Anna has the original Fast Cheetah on sale now but not the original Strong Bear. I went ahead and ordered FC but also ordered the Kick Butt version of Strong Bear, simply so I could at least have both companion workouts, even if they're not from the same series.

I was tempted to order a few more--Kelsie Daniels cardio one looked really interesting--but when those reissues are over twenty bucks a pop, I know I should parse these orders out a bit.

BTW, DH has finally tried a Tracie Long video (The old FIRM Basics "blue" tape) and finds her "way less annoying" than poor Jen Carman on the FIRM Basics "purple" tape. I am duly amused. (His favorite appears to be Stacy Milner-Collins on the "red" tape, though.)
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-09, 06:13 AM  
MuscleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I'm pretty sure it was released on DVD. I actually have From the Ground Up and Crunch Time on 1 pressed DVD as a special "mix".

Show off!

I haven't tried any of the remakes but I've seen clips. They have the same 'class' type setting as the old Firms IIRC. I much prefer the one-on-one 'personal trainer' feel of the originals.

Old 05-13-09, 06:19 AM  
MuscleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
This thread has inspired me to seek out the FitPrimes. Anna has the original Fast Cheetah on sale now but not the original Strong Bear. I went ahead and ordered FC but also ordered the Kick Butt version of Strong Bear, simply so I could at least have both companion workouts, even if they're not from the same series.

I was tempted to order a few more--Kelsie Daniels cardio one looked really interesting--but when those reissues are over twenty bucks a pop, I know I should parse these orders out a bit.

BTW, DH has finally tried a Tracie Long video (The old FIRM Basics "blue" tape) and finds her "way less annoying" than poor Jen Carman on the FIRM Basics "purple" tape. I am duly amused. (His favorite appears to be Stacy Milner-Collins on the "red" tape, though.)
I think that 'blue' Firm Basics tape with Tracie is Anna's next release. I'd be interested to know what you think of Fast Cheetah, Kat. If you have the Firm Maximum Body Shaping with Tracie, I think your DH may like that. It's a good workout.

Tags
firm 90 day rotation, fitprime rotation, fitprimes, keli roberts, strong bear, tracie long