Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-07, 08:12 AM  
ellens2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwendolyn
It says that the risers are sold in pairs? So does that mean it's $49.99 for each riser? And since they are sold in pairs, I have to pay $91.98 plus S&H? VERY expensive. I'll just use my money to buy P90X+ which I think is a lot less than that.
No that's the price for the pair.
ellens2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-07, 01:30 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdub
Can someone explain to me why you'd want to do a step workout on a slanted surface?
i used to be very skeptical, but after getting a Firm TF on craigslist (3 yrs after it was released), i realized what all of the comfort was about when doing a workout on a slanted incline.

the contraction hits the upper thigh/glute area quite well and is easier on the knees.

i agree that if they made more workouts with this item, it would be very cool. (CIA /GREG TWOMBLEY are you listening?).

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-07, 01:51 PM  
KathyW
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdub
Can someone explain to me why you'd want to do a step workout on a slanted surface? I don't get it. As clumsy as I am on a regular step, I'd probably kill myself. I'm sure there must be some benefit, though, that I'm just not imaginative enough to see.

Thanks,
Shari
The main reason I'd be interested is to make an incline or decline bench to use for Cathe's and Amy's strength workouts. It'd probably be a bit more stable than using regular risers to make a slanted bench.
KathyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-07, 02:04 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

What a great idea! But I don't see why they should cost twice what regular risers cost.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-07, 02:14 PM  
jordan

I actually like these but I don't think I will buy them. Too expensive. I can make due with what I have for now. Thanks for the heads up.

jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-07, 03:32 PM  
Mary W
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar
i agree that if they made more workouts with this item, it would be very cool. (CIA /GREG TWOMBLEY are you listening?).
I hope Nancy and gang at bodyFIT are listening as well. I posted about it on their forums. I was at bodyFIT earlier this month and they were using the club step and the tall box. The slanted risers are a great idea, imo. I will be getting rid of my transFIRMer once I make sure these perform as they should.

YAY!
Old 11-26-07, 04:12 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn
What a great idea! But I don't see why they should cost twice what regular risers cost.
Kathryn,

My guess is that they haven't manufactured as many of these as regular risers so the cost can't be spread out as it can be for regular risers.

I wonder if they're hoping that clubs will buy them in large quantities. If that happens, I imagine the price will drop.

Mary,

Please report back on how you like them.
Old 11-26-07, 11:04 PM  
vdub

Thanks to all of you for your answers. I'm all for anything that goes easy on my knees. I'll have to look into this a little further. Can anyone recommend a video that uses the step on a slant like this?

Thanks again,
Shari

[QUOTE=athompson10]The moves I've seen done on a ramp or inclined step are not the up-up-down-down of traditional step cardio. Usually it's a series of lunges where you step onto the surface with one foot and keep the other on the floor.
vdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-07, 09:59 AM  
lindseylu8

all of the Firm transfirmer series use the step on the incline. Also the Firm (death) Box series use the incline. Though both series only uses the incline for maybe 1/3 of the videos. I really like the transfirmer w/o's.

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-07, 10:13 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Price increase.

I checked the website again today because I was thinking about ordering them, but the price has been bumped up $10 from what is was last weekend.

Tags
equipment gathering dust, firm deathbox, slanted risers, spri, transfirmer