Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-02, 06:28 AM  
MickiV
VF Supporter

Angry Medical Mark on the Ya Ya Forum

I'll probably regret posting this, but if you followed the Medical Mark incidents with interest he is now posting on the Ya Yah forum. (I just lurk there)

In his first post he spent a paragraph or two slamming VF, he personally insulted two YaYa members (calling one a "bitch") and slammed Billy BLanks and Jane Fonda again.

Some people never learn.....
MickiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-02, 07:09 AM  
Christine L.
VF Supporter

Who is Medical Mark? I have never heard of him before?
Christine L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-02, 07:50 AM  
Tanja

Supposedly, he is Mark Henrickson, the co-creator of the old FIRM workouts.

No Problem, Clare!
Tanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-02, 08:00 AM  
Clare*
Moderator/ BC Survivor

Please....

While I think it's okay to direct people's attention to that thread (not sure on that totally- since it is sort of like gossip), let's keep THIS thread within guidelines. Do not talk about areas that should be handled strictly by the YaYas and do not call anyone names.

“..Know the difference between an inconvenience & a problem. If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire- then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience. Life is inconvenient. Life is lumpy… And a lump in the oatmeal, and lump in the throat, and a lump in the breast are not the same lump. One should learn the difference.” Sigmund Wollman's Reality Test by Robert Fulghum
Clare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-02, 09:04 AM  
Clare*
Moderator/ BC Survivor

Thanks, Tanja...

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanja
No Problem, Clare!
You're a sweetie!

“..Know the difference between an inconvenience & a problem. If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire- then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience. Life is inconvenient. Life is lumpy… And a lump in the oatmeal, and lump in the throat, and a lump in the breast are not the same lump. One should learn the difference.” Sigmund Wollman's Reality Test by Robert Fulghum
Old 08-30-02, 09:10 AM  
Bebop

I have followed Medical Mark's Thread. I think it is terrible that he would use a forum to bad mouth anyone. Who is he anyway? And, if he was a true professional, he wouldn't be badmouthing someone else's methods or opinions. For all we know, he may be someone posing as Medical Mark - it has happened on the net.

He no longer has credibility with me. IMO it is okay to disagree with people, methods, etc. but in a professional manner, ie debate, facts, etc. Not gossip and slander.

I won't be reading his posts anymore.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-02, 11:11 AM  
videogirl

Re: Please....

Quote:
Originally posted by Clare*
While I think it's okay to direct people's attention to that thread (not sure on that totally- since it is sort of like gossip), let's keep THIS thread within guidelines. Do not talk about areas that should be handled strictly by the YaYas and do not call anyone names.
I didn't realize posts like this would fall outside of "guidelines". Where is that exactly in the guidelines?

What are the things that should be handled "strictly by the Yayas"? What does that even mean?
videogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-02, 11:18 AM  
Tanja

Re: Re: Please....

Quote:
Originally posted by videogirl

I didn't realize posts like this would fall outside of "guidelines". Where is that exactly in the guidelines?

What are the things that should be handled "strictly by the Yayas"? What does that even mean?
I was out of line as I posted something. I edited my post and now this post is fine again.
Tanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-02, 11:33 AM  
MickiV
VF Supporter

Sorry, Claire

I hope my original post wasn't outside of guidelines. I was interested because of his comments about VF.

Micki
MickiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-02, 11:40 AM  
Clare*
Moderator/ BC Survivor

Sorry for the confusion, Video Girl...

As Tanja said, there was a problem with part of her post, which she was gracious enough to remove.

And it seems okay to discuss this topic but it certainly has the potential to go downhill, which we would like to avoid. As a moderator, you kind of get the feel for things.

As for my reference to the Firm Ya Ya forum, it can sometimes happen that this sort of post brings up problems people have with other forums. As a common courtesy, the practice has been to ask that that sort of discussion take place at the forum in question. I guess I was anticipating, which I really should not have done. My apologies for that!

Again, I'm sorry for the confusion.

Tags
mark henriksen