Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-05, 10:36 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonNYC
Well, I've seen those exaggerated claims for the Pillory on QVC like the rest of you have -- but I remain skeptical. I await reports from fellow VFers!

(sorry, couldn't resist )
I would sooo like to start a thread called "Instructors We'd Most Like To See On The Pillory Infomercial" - but I think we're in enough trouble already.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-05, 12:47 PM  
Mollie F.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B
I would sooo like to start a thread called "Instructors We'd Most Like To See On The Pillory Infomercial" - but I think we're in enough trouble already.
Since so many instructors are shorter than average, I think that it's unlikely that we'd see them on a rack infomercial.
Old 04-20-05, 02:16 PM  
Videophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonNYC
Well, I've seen those exaggerated claims for the Pillory on QVC like the rest of you have -- but I remain skeptical. I await reports from fellow VFers!
Good one.

Nancy
Videophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-05, 02:22 PM  
KickDancer

Yay Debbie!

Congrats on your lawsuit win! That is absolutely wonderful news.

I am so glad to see you back at VF with a full update! I really admire your positive attitude about coming back. You've cheered me up about facing the occasional negativity that pops up in my life.

I wish you all the best with the rest of the settlement and I look forward to future posts (including any info about your latest acquisitions!). You always have interesting opinions to share (even when I don't agree with them myself! ) and I still appreciate how much time you put in answering my endless queries back when I was starting to get comfortable posting more here. You really made me feel welcome at VF.
Old 04-20-05, 02:27 PM  
Videophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by doskymom
You can get the Pillory workout cheaper at Wal-Mart than QVC...
The person locked in a pillory can't move. It's the people throwing those heavy rocks at them that get a good workout. The rocks sell on QVC for $19.95 - 24.95 depending on the size and number of jagged edges they have.

Nancy
Old 04-20-05, 02:34 PM  
doskymom

Debbie,

I don't see any nastiness in this thread. Some people made comments about negative things said in the past aboout themselves on other threads, but I don't think anyone is trying to be nasty on this thread. Some of us are trying to be funny:

P. S. Nancy - Don't forget about all the calories you burn if you struggle while locked in a pillory...
doskymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-05, 08:17 PM  
Videophile

Quote:
P. S. Nancy - Don't forget about all the calories you burn if you struggle while locked in a pillory...
That would be before the first big rock hits them and knocks them out cold. After which I should think they tend to burn fewer calories and just "maintain" their present weight. I haven't read any scientific studies tho'. Hard to find volunteers I guess.

Nancy
Old 04-20-05, 09:34 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Debbie M,

Glad you won your lawsuit and was able to buy lots of new workouts!! That's always good news.

Helen
Old 04-21-05, 06:45 AM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Quote:

It's an isometric thing.
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
absent vfers, mark henriksen