Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-04, 09:48 PM  
heatherelise
VF Supporter

Question Favorite Fitprime Rotation

Hi! I just finished collecting all of the Fitprimes and am excited about really getting to know them this next month. I am looking for your best ideas and experiences with using mostly or all Fitprime workouts in your rotation. Here is what I am thinking:

day 1: All weights workout (Strong Bear or Weights First)

day 2: low-intensity cardio (Steamin' Cardio or Fast Cheetah)

day 3: AWT (G-Force, FTGU, Crunch Time, etc.)

day 4: intense cardio (non Fitprime) either Cathe or kickboxing

day 5: core centered workout (Core First? or Core Synergestics)

day 6: rest or stretch

then repeat cycle....

What are your opinions? Have you done anything similiar or something slightlydifferent with the Fitprimes? I would appreciate your input. Thanks! Heather
heatherelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-04, 03:51 AM  
isa

Hi Heither,

I've also been collecting Fitprimes this month (I have three dvd's now). And I them. I read all these posts here about TLP, P90X, Cathe, you name it.... but I'm occupied by something else.

I love them because they're challenging, fun and different (I used to do Crunch Bootcamp and Karen Voight weight work). They don't require much room (I only have a small space), and have good music. I allready see results in my core/ abs after three weeks of doing volume 1, because of all the balance work . I also like the combination of weights and cardio, because I don't like to do weights seperately (FP makes weight work fun and aerobic) and I have more time for yoga .

I want do a rotation with Crunchtime, From The Ground Up, Steamin' Cardio , Floor Burn and a non-fitprime 30 min. cardio workout (optional) once a week, supplemented with lots of yoga and poweryoga. I want to do this for three weeks followed by one week of non-weighted toning (pilates, bar method), light cardio and yoga.

femke
isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-04, 04:43 AM  
Dabbadooey

I;m going to try your rotation. I love Fit Prime, and always wanted to do a rotation of it. Now you've got me motivated!
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-04, 09:16 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Hi Heather. I think your rotation looks great. You've got an all strength workout, an AWT workout and a core workout in your week. Plus, you have cardio in between them.

I really can't critique it at all. Keep your rotation as is and just plug in a workout that fits the category.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-04, 02:44 PM  
verygentlebreezes
VF Supporter

I consider G-Force to be a cardio workout rather than AWT because the weight work is minimal (compared to Crunch Time). In fact, sometimes I stay on my rebounder and jump right thru the weight segments, esp. if I'm working out with weights the day before and/or after. I think you also could up the intensity of G-Force if you wanted to include it in the high intensity cardio category.
verygentlebreezes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitprime rotation, kickbutt rotation, whfn rotation