Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-17-04, 10:46 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I really like this FP too!! I love the ball work. It makes me feel like a kid again. I do think this FP has the most med ball work. Maybe that's why it wasn't well received at the beginning. Plus it does have more choreo in the weight segments too. But I think the moves are interesting like the squats with knees turned in.

Helen
Helen S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-04, 11:36 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S
But I think the moves are interesting like the squats with knees turned in. Helen
I thought this move was interesting too but it felt uncomfortable to me. Tom Holland does something similar in his Total Body Workout and in a recent review of this video, Paula Z pointed to some research suggesting this move places unsafe pressure on the knee joint. She recommends doing squats with feet together as a substitute.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-04, 12:27 PM  
RuthNYC
VF Supporter

The duck squat is.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie
I thought this move was interesting too but it felt uncomfortable to me. Tom Holland does something similar in his Total Body Workout and in a recent review of this video, Paula Z pointed to some research suggesting this move places unsafe pressure on the knee joint. She recommends doing squats with feet together as a substitute.

considered a questionable move for the knees but I do them in U&D because that's my only workout with that exercise and it does hit the glutes in a different way. I try to pay extra attention during this move and if it feels "off", I change it to a regular squat.

RuthNYC
RuthNYC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitprime rotation, kickbutt rotation, whfn rotation