Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-01-22, 08:31 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Happy July! Since I hit my upper body yesterday, I wanted to get some lower body work in today. I did KCM- Cardio Fit workout 1. She alternates between kickboxing and lower body work w/dumbbells. I then added on KCM- Stronger/Leaner Lower from Body Design (15 minutes). This is a great add on as it has traditional dumbbell lower body moves and then she moves to barre moves with ankle weights. I rarely do Barre, but every time I do it I think I need to do it more often as I really feel those pulsing moves!

I wanted to add that I wore a pair of shorts today that I bought 2 years ago that were uncomfortably snug when I bought them. They fit great today even though I'm 4 pounds heavier than 2 years ago. My hips/saddlebags have definitely slimmed down! When you lift weights, don't trust the scale!
Happy July to you too! Yay! It's so nice to "see" progress as well as feel it! I did Step Workout 7 through part 1 right before she started teaching part 2 for a good warm up. After that was Iron Series Day 18: Glute Supersets. Oh my glutes! Now that I am stronger (including my lower back) and better able to engage my core, I feel the exercises where I'm supposed to. I actually find her tips at the beginning of the workouts helpful. I mean holy moly! Tomorrow is a schedule rest day from Iron Series but I will do a cardio and or mobility workout since I didn't workout yesterday.
Old 07-02-22, 08:30 PM  
wendug

Yes, I like hearing tips, too. It's always a good reminder to have good form!

No workout today. My husband took a long nap in my workout space (our living room). He had a very hectic week so I didn't want to bother him so I could work out. Instead I tried a few new recipes for dinner and made a nice meal for him to wake up to. I did go on a long walk with the dogs this morning, but it just isn't the same as getting in a good workout.

Now I get to deal with some freaked out dogs from the fireworks. I gave them hemp treats so hopefuly that will calm them down a bit. Ugh. I hate that people set off fireworks for days in my neighborhood around the 4th.
Old 07-02-22, 09:05 PM  
gigi

I did not workout either. We are celebrating July 4th tomorrow as well as my mom's birthday (which is actually later in July). I am going to HAVE to workout before I head to my sister's house tomorrow or it will not get done. I'm finding with Iron, the extra rest days, from time to time, are good for me.

BUT a long walk is movement and very good. I'm sure your husband appreciated the nap and the nice meal!
Old 07-03-22, 12:39 PM  
gigi

I just finished working out. I did 20 Minute Low Impact Cardio. I really like CDorner's personality but if she could just talk 25% less or turn up the music. I just need to hear cues, not the same speeches in every single workout. She puts out some great stuff though. Then I did Iron Series, Day 19: Full Body Muscle Building. This one slayed me. Upon preview, I did not think it would be that difficult as it is just straight up strength. I am pushing myself harder though. I used 30's for chest presses and 20's for all the lunges. I got so out of breath that I had to pause multiple times to get my breathing under control so I could continue the workout. I also stopped 60% through and drank protein. I need to eat/drink more protein for sure.

After I finish the first round, I will do some kind of deload week then most likely do it again.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Old 07-03-22, 05:26 PM  
wendug

Angela- wow- 30's for chest presses. That's impressive!

Today was HR- Glow Up- Upper Body Tone & Sculpt. I probably should have gone heavier, but it was a ton of reps at a fast pace. This workout had up/down planks in it, which have been showing up a lot lately in the workouts I've been doing. I don't see them for quite a while, then they show up in like 3 workouts in one week!
Old 07-04-22, 05:10 PM  
wendug

Happy Fourth! Today I did the companion to yesterday's upper body workout. HR- Legs & Booty AMRAP. But I lifted heavier than Heather in this one and got a great workout!

Have you ever tried Dan & Tiff's YT site? I saw in a thread in GD that Dan's weight workouts are very similar to Caroline Girvan. I might have to give his workouts a try!
Old 07-05-22, 08:33 PM  
gigi

For some reason, I thought I worked out yesterday but I guess I did not...LOL! Tonight I did this warm up: Juice & Toya 5 Minute Active Warm Up followed by Iron Series Day 20: Superset Arms, Abs, & Core.

I don't believe I have tried Dan & Tiff but I will look them up now!

I just looked them up. I have previewed some of his workouts before!

Last edited by gigi; 07-05-22 at 08:36 PM. Reason: to add a comment
gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-22, 04:39 PM  
gigi

I just finished a great cardio warm up: 20 Minute Stranger Things Themed Dance/Walk then I did Iron Series Day 21 Leg Day Step Ups. I only used 6 inches becasue that is all the risers I had. I'll be investing in more risers. This was a most awesome lower body workout!
Old 07-06-22, 05:19 PM  
wendug

No workout for me yesterday. The heat and humidity caused me to have a migraine so I spent much of the afternoon in a dark room with my eyes closed.

Luckily I'm much better today. Today's workout- DC Fitt Cardio Kickboxing Core. It was a great sweaty cardio session!

That Stranger Things themed workout looks fun. I forgot about Up to the Beat Fit!
Old 07-06-22, 08:32 PM  
gigi

I hope you feel better. Migranes are the worst! I will not have access to my weights for about a week, so I'm hoping to figure out a way to keep doing Iron.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts