Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-26-22, 10:28 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

weights and step while watching Survivor

Everyone has been doing so much Jessica Smith! I love that! I'm working towards getting my family room workout space reclaimed. I even bought a blueray player finally, rather than continuing to struggle with the boys' playstation as a makeshift DVD player. I'm planning on diving into a Jessica Rotation while I wait for her new stuff.

Carol, I'm sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis!

Dana, I've been checking out Jessica's new stuff and I plan to order all of it. I'm just too loyal to pass up her new material. Plus the sets are beautiful! I guess I'll be getting gliders. LOL

I know I vanished for a while but I'm back. Life has shifted a bit with a church change after 18 years, which means I won't be doing the church bookkeeping anymore. Meanwhile, my hours at my regular bookkeeping job will likely increase over the next year. And I signed up for an accounting class this quarter so I can continue working on finishing the certificates I started in 2020 as a pandemic college student.

Oh, and after two years of avoiding it, our family finally caught covid 2 weeks ago and I'm still not normal. We all had mild cases but mine seems to be stuck in the "slightly snotty and tired" stage. Fun times.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-22, 05:36 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Brenda,

It's good to see you! I feel the same way about Jessica Smith. I will probably buy all of her new DVDs to "reward" her for continuing to release DVDs even though I'm not crazy about her style of weight work.

So sorry you finally got CoVid. My brother and his wife finally got it a couple of weeks ago, and they are still tired and coughing, but thank heavens they at least were vaccinated so they didn't get it too bad. So far I am still dodging it, so far as I know.

Good for you for continuing to work on your accounting certificate! It's never too late. I started back to work on a genealogy certificate that I started over 14 years ago. Luckily they will still count my courses from that far back.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-22, 07:54 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Just a quick wave before I have to go to work. Brenda, good to see you! I second Carol that it's never too late to study and continue your education. I've completed a lot of studies later in life and I've never regretted it. Keeps my mind sharp.

I have no workout to report today. Yesterday, I developed a headache over my left eye and it stayed with me all night and I still have it this morning. I rarely if ever get headaches and it just sucks the life out of me when I do get one.

Hi to Donna and Linda! I'll check back later.
Old 04-27-22, 08:09 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jessica Valent - 30 Min Full Body Workout w/ Weights - this was the full length version of the video she released on You Tube Monday. It was straightforward weight work. Just what I need, honestly.....

Jessica Valent - 5 Min Back and Hip Stretches

Brenda - nice to see you!!! Sounds like you are keeping busy. Sorry you got COVID - so far, here, we have escaped it - but for how long is anyone's guess.

Carol - Jessica's weight workouts are my least favorite as well - but I do think she is moving towards slower lifting - at least based on Lift & Shift and the You tube workouts she has released recently. I guess time will tell. Any more these days I just go at my own pace.

Dana - I hope that headache goes away....I don't get them often either.

Happy Wednesday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-22, 06:43 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Smith - Walk Strong 2: Core Connection - 30 minutes

A real joy after yesterday's rapid fire weight work!

Donna - I saw that weight workout from Jessica. I'm sure I would like it if I was still doing her streaming.

Dana - Hope you are completely over your headache. I hate those!

Brenda - Waves!

Carol
Old 04-27-22, 09:58 PM  
donnamp

Are you doing WS 2.0, Carol?

I think Jessica Valent's Unlimited is up to $29/month? That is what I thought I read but I hope I'm wrong.

These streaming subscriptions are getting to be too expensive. I remember when I first signed up for her site it was pretty reasonable. I'm thinking no more than $15/month.

I don't know, I can't help but think that they will out price themselves. I think a lot of people may not think much of spending $10 month but $30...

I'll have to double check to see if I'm mistaken. While I like her I don't think her membership is worth that much!

There are some You Tubers who offer better production values and more new workouts per month than JV....

Oh well...

Donna
Old 04-27-22, 11:08 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I think Jessica Valent's Unlimited is up to $29/month? That is what I thought I read but I hope I'm wrong.
Yes Donna, I just checked JV's membership and it is now $29/month. Heck no! I think she's begging to charge for her services as a healthcare practitioner rather than the online pilates instructor. I didn't renew my membership at the beginning of January, and I have no regrets. Didn't miss it for a minute! I didn't click with JV and her delivery, so all's good with me.

This month, I'll be cancelling SBF and my WW membership. Weight Watchers definitely works, but only if you work it. After my initial loss of 5lbs, I haven't lost any weight because of my own bad habits. I have to change those in order to stick with the program and lose the weight. Nothing will change if nothing changes. I guess I'm not guite ready to get rid of my all bad habits just yet.

I have been experiencing some all-over muscle aches recently, and have decided I need to make an appt for a massage. I haven't had one of those for at least 4 months and I think I need to look for a new MT.

My present MT is OK but there are some issues. She talks incessantly throughout the massage which I can address with her, but the other issue is more sensitive. She is significantly overweight now (more so than when I went to her the first time) and it's affecting her ability to move around. Last time she gave me a massage, she sat behind me most of the time and could barely move or reach around me. This is not something I can address, so I'll have to move on.

Hope everyone's doing well!

ETA: I still have the headache of unknown origin - as of now. Maybe tonights's sleep will take care of it. This is very unusual for me.
Old 04-28-22, 09:12 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did:

BodyKindFitness (You Tube) - 5,000 Steps in 30 Min - this is one of those styles of workouts that has become popular on You Tube recently - no talking, visual cues, music. It was nice for a change of pace. It was also filmed outdoors by a lake. I can go either way on the no-talking thing - obviously, since I did Pahla B for awhile, talking doesn't bother me, LOL! But sometimes it is nice to have just the music to listen to. Anyway, Hailey, the instructor has a number of "walking" style workouts on her channel that seem to feature no talking and outdoor settings.

I added on Pilates Nest - Pilates for tight hips

Yesterday I ended up doing a bunch of add-ons.

Gina B's Motown walk, a quick leg workout and arm workout and a dog walk.

Sorry to be brief but waves to everyone!

Donna
Old 04-28-22, 06:59 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Smith - Walk Strong 1: Lower Body Sculpt - 30 minutes

I subbed this one for the Walk Strong 2 Circuit 2: Lower Body workout because I thought this one might be a little easier and it probably was.

Donna - I'm kind of doing the Walk Strong 2 rotation. I agree on streaming prices. Everyone has really raised the prices to the point where I wouldn't do more than one subscription at a time now. Back when they were $10 or so a month, I might have two or three.

Dana - Sorry you are on the hunt for a new MT. I've had a hard time finding one I liked, but I finally did.

Waves ~

Carol
Old 04-30-22, 05:12 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

No workout yet, but I'm about to go for a walk.

Dana, that's interesting about your chatty MT. The only MTs I've seen never said a word!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote