Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-19-22, 11:01 AM  
donnamp

I know what you mean - if I don't have some sort of plan, I end up spending an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out what I want to do!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-22, 11:40 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I just did day 2, the Staying Strong stretch. It is wonderful!
Again, thanks to Toaster/Beth for that link to the pdf. I downloaded it, and the videos pictured link and play when I click on them.

I had Staying Strong DVD when it first came out, but never did it and traded it. I'm going to re-acquire it. Note: Kathy is very calm in the stretch chapter.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-22, 07:51 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

My knee finally quit on me. I知 so upset. I thought I was managing it. But, every time I flex and strengthen my knee, my MCL pops out. So, I知 on the sidelines and have to rest for weeks until it heals. I知 so frustrated. Anyways, hope you all are enjoying the rotation. I値l be out of commission for the foreseeable future.
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-22, 07:54 AM  
donnamp

I'm so sorry Gemini! That stinks.

Caroline Jordan recently posted some You Tube videos for addressing knee pain - you may want to check them out!

https://www.youtube.com/c/CarolineJo...ry=knee%20pain

She also has a few chair and floor exercise videos.

Jessica Valent also has at least one video for knee pain. Jessica is a PT.

Thank you for altering us to this challenge, though. I hope you can participate in it soon.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-22, 11:06 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Gemini, I'm so sorry this has happened to you. My gratitude to you for being the OP of this thread.

Do you have an orthopedist/knee Dr? Have you seen a physical therapist? I have had rewarding experiences with both. My problem is advanced osteoarthritis, bone on bone. My knee Dr is providing treatments so I don't need a knee replacement, or at least put it off as long as possible. I'm 75. Several years ago, after something tore, I went to several weeks of knee-hab and that helped a lot. Also, you might check out the Chair Dancing DVDs. Lots of arm movements and no weight-bearing for your legs/feet. They helped me when I was recovering from bunion surgery -- I put that foot up on another chair and just moved the other leg.

Best wishes for your recovery.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-22, 04:09 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I'm so sorry Gemini! That stinks.

Caroline Jordan recently posted some You Tube videos for addressing knee pain - you may want to check them out!

https://www.youtube.com/c/CarolineJo...ry=knee%20pain

She also has a few chair and floor exercise videos.

Jessica Valent also has at least one video for knee pain. Jessica is a PT.

Thank you for altering us to this challenge, though. I hope you can participate in it soon.

Donna
Thank you, Donna, for taking the time to list those resources. That was very kind of you!!
Old 04-20-22, 04:14 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
Gemini, I'm so sorry this has happened to you. My gratitude to you for being the OP of this thread.

Do you have an orthopedist/knee Dr? Have you seen a physical therapist? I have had rewarding experiences with both. My problem is advanced osteoarthritis, bone on bone. My knee Dr is providing treatments so I don't need a knee replacement, or at least put it off as long as possible. I'm 75. Several years ago, after something tore, I went to several weeks of knee-hab and that helped a lot. Also, you might check out the Chair Dancing DVDs. Lots of arm movements and no weight-bearing for your legs/feet. They helped me when I was recovering from bunion surgery -- I put that foot up on another chair and just moved the other leg.

Best wishes for your recovery.
No, I haven稚 yet. Just talked to me ex who is an ER doctor. I plan on following up with an orthopedist though. I知 glad you are doing so well with your knee. It gives me hope!

I could try doing chair classes (I love Joyn). I知 just really worried because working out really helps my brain and also calms my anxiety and stress. I知 stressing out about it. I don稚 do well not working out. *sigh*
Old 04-20-22, 08:17 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Gemini, so sorry about your knee problems!

I've only done the first day of KS so far. I'm thinking that tomorrow I might do the 20-minute cardio, the 20-minute barre (might be 25 mins), and then the 15-minute stretch.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kathy smith