Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-06-18, 11:43 AM  
bubbles76

Question on Kathy Smith Strong, Sleek, and Slim

This set contains the following three workouts - Weight Loss Workout, Ultimate Abs and Thighs, and Ultimate Workout. Can these workouts (except Ultimate Abs and Thighs, which I understand to be all strength) be easily adapted to the rebounder? And in terms of impact, would you say it's more like Cathe's Maximum Intensity Cardio or true high low, where there's some low impact parts and some hi impact parts, more like Christi Taylor? I cannot do Maximum Intensity Cardio on the floor, as it kills my knees.

Oh, and is there really no upper body on Ultimate Abs and Thighs?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-18, 02:37 PM  
bubbles76

bumping
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 02-06-18, 02:51 PM  
Garrie A.

I have Weight Loss on VHS. It's mostly low impact, with high impact in the last aerobic tune ( a cheesy but fun 50s dance). Nothing like MIC though. You can easily do it on the rebounder, but most of the steps will need to be done in place. You'll also need light dumbbells (1 to 5 lbs.) for two 4-limb songs.

Ultimate Stomach and Thighs is mostly toning.

I used to have Ultimate Video Workout, and IIRC that one is more high impact like MIC.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-18, 03:20 PM  
bubbles76

Thanks Gary! Do you think that Ultimate Video Workout could be done on the rebounding? How's the music on that one?
Old 02-06-18, 04:30 PM  
Garrie A.

You're welcome, Bubbles!

You could do the aerobics from UMV on the rebounder. The music is 80s aerobics instrumental (with a rock flair). There's also an unweighted toning section.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-18, 07:36 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I have this DVD but don't do it very often at all. The Ultimate Stomach and Thighs workout is only abs and thighs and it's 85 minutes long. I often only just do the foundation segment of the thighs which is a short floor work routine.

I have never done Ultimate Video Workout, I believe it's pretty high impact and probably could be adapted to the rebounder. I haven't done Weight Loss Workout for many years but I believe that is lower impact or maybe a mixture of the two. I should probably revisit it again.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 03:16 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Some of these are on YouTube. You could check there to see how you feel about adapting them.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kathy smith, kathy smith compilations, strong sleek slim, ultimate workout, weight loss workout