Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-12-15, 09:42 PM  
chapina

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
Sharaz- Thank you for the link. It has a lot of good information. Welcome back! Missed your input on training. Carly
I second this, thank you Sharaz! This is a great resource.
chapina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-15, 10:03 PM  
chapina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
I have printed out the workout templates for Body Beast and feel those translate very well at the gym with dumbbells I have also included a link with great reviews of the program to help familiarize yourself with the exercises so the workout sheets will make more sense.

http://sweetlife.sharpefit.netdna-cd...worksheets.pdf

http://dumbbellsanddiapers.com/bodybeast

I have similar goals as you. I also feel that many workouts over-emphasize shoulders, so I tweak Body Beast and other workouts and go lighter on the shoulder work. I feel with the bombardment of "metabolic workouts" in the fitness world, that has contributed as well with so many compound moves to aid in calorie burn/intensity.
Thanks Tugger! Body Beast is one of the BB sets I don't have, but it does seem straightforward and easily translated as a paper rotation
chapina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-15, 08:44 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapina View Post
Thanks Tugger! Body Beast is one of the BB sets I don't have, but it does seem straightforward and easily translated as a paper rotation
I agree! Easy to do in paper. The tempo is 2 up 2 down pretty much if I remember. Someone can correct me Body Beast is shoulder intensive, so I will skip those workouts since you mentioned that prefer to avoid too much shoulder work. You will use shoulders a bit during chest.
Old 07-19-15, 10:09 AM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
I have printed out the workout templates for Body Beast and feel those translate very well at the gym with dumbbells I have also included a link with great reviews of the program to help familiarize yourself with the exercises so the workout sheets will make more sense.

http://sweetlife.sharpefit.netdna-cd...worksheets.pdf

http://dumbbellsanddiapers.com/bodybeast

I have similar goals as you. I also feel that many workouts over-emphasize shoulders, so I tweak Body Beast and other workouts and go lighter on the shoulder work. I feel with the bombardment of "metabolic workouts" in the fitness world, that has contributed as well with so many compound moves to aid in calorie burn/intensity.

I have done a 5 day a week rotation most recently using Cathe's Great Glutes once a week, Cathe's Lean Legs and Abs once a week, doing a higher rep/lighter weight total upper body day either alone or paired with cardio and the other 2 days I'll do a steady state cardio and the 5th day I'll do either HiiT, another steady state cardio or yoga. I'm pretty flexible this day with what I choose.
Tugger, could you help me out? She doesn't know how many in & outs there are. TIA
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-15, 12:44 PM  
Tugger31

If you're talking about the "in and out" ab exercise, those are in BUILD Chest & Tri's and in BUILD Legs. (I haven't done the BULK workouts yet). In both workouts the in/outs are done as part of a Giant or Superset with other exercises and they are timed, so you do as many as you can with good form. In Ch & Tri's it is for 60 seconds and for Legs for 30 seconds.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-15, 07:30 PM  
Sharaz

I am changing my rotation for the next 3 weeks depending when my Edge Booty Extreme arrives. I am going to lift at a slower tempo. Splitting upper body in 2 days and legs 2 days. I will try to add 30 mins of cardio after lifting.

This is what I have in mind subject to change

Slo-mo - legs
Slo-mo - back and core
HiIT / PLYO if my legs are ok LOL if not steady low impact
Slo-mo - shoulders, biceps and triceps
Butts and Guts
Cardio

Tags
advanced rotations, paper workouts