Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-07-13, 01:06 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

How exciting - keep us posted and good luck!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-13, 09:54 PM  
videofit

Watched this video of a 52 year old woman talking about improvement she got at her three-month checkup.

This video shows exercises for a flat thoracic area, which is what I have and which is what I suspect is causing my breathing problems and heart palpitations.

So don't give up hope and don't listen to doctors who tell you nothing can be done. All the patients in these testimonials were told the same thing and look at them now! It breaks my heart that so many people and children will never know about this treatment, causing unnecessary suffering.
Old 12-07-13, 10:56 PM  
videofit

Just found another exercise which looks like it's for the lumbar region. I hope I don't have to do the one requiring the bars. Can't imagine setting something like that up in my apartment. The floor work looked okay though and easily managed.
Old 12-07-13, 10:58 PM  
videofit

Here is the SpineCor brace.
Old 12-10-13, 12:44 PM  
videofit

Some exercises you do could actually make your scoliosis worse. That is what concerns me. You need specific exercises prescribed for your condition.

On the reviews page they briefly mention other treatments.
Old 06-25-14, 07:12 PM  
videofit

Update -- found a PT who does Schroth but isn't certified yet. She incorporates it into her work and plans to get certified next year in Germany and open up a studio.

I was relieved to know that my scoliosis is mild -- only 7 degrees in my lumbar region. My pelvis is slightly off. I have to strengthen one side and weaken the other to bring myself into balance eventually. So we've been working on strengthening the quadratus lumborum with special postures and using the Reformer, a stick (like a broom handle), ways of walking, various exercises to strengthen hips. I also have to sit on a small pillow under only one butt cheek. Do that in my car and at work as well. Have to remind myself whenever I stand to tuck my pelvis under to flatter my back since I have lordosis and shift hip slightly forward, even when walking. I'm so uncoordinated!

I will give it a year and then have another xray to see if I'm making progress. My insurance pays half so I'm out of pocket $37.50 per visit, going weekly.
Old 06-26-14, 08:20 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Videofit I'm very happy for you that you've found a practitioner. I'm just living with mine, making life tolerable with stretch breaks at work and different kinds of yoga. I wish you all the best.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
back surgery, scoliosis