Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-12, 03:48 PM  
cin777

My disc were slightly scuffed also- but seem to work fine. They were like that from being shoved in as I was extra careful about getting them out and then putting them in a cd binder. When I ordered, it asked me to do a short questionnaire so I could receive free shipping. At least that knocks off $10 bucks. The workouts are worth it
cin777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-13, 09:35 AM  
Darkatheart

Has anyone had any really great results with this?
Darkatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-13, 10:02 AM  
shoegoddess

I'm doing the JNL rotation right now. I started with her youtube workouts the first week and when I got the set I started in on that. Right now I'm into the 2nd week of the set's rotation but have actually been doing JNL for 2 1/2 weeks. Love this set!! Love her although she does yak a lot. You do sweat a lot which I love in a workout. I am adding in others such as BB Sports Attack when I do JNL Speed and Agility. They are similar. I added TF Low HiiT 20 when I did JNL TKO. Sometimes I also add in 1 ZCut workout at the tail end of a JNL if I have the energy.Yesterday I did Combat 60 Live instead of JNL just for variety but I do LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this set.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-13, 10:14 AM  
kitty12

I loved JNL Fusion. I can't talk about results, since I don't see any specific results with any specific exercise I do. Once I got in shape, I pretty much maintained, although I did see gains as far as ability to do plyo specific to JNL (I did barely any plyo prior to it).

I love Fusion Stretch and added it in once a week while I am currently doing a Combat rotation. My legs were getting really tight and this is perfect for stretching out tight leg muscles.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-13, 01:57 PM  
5pugmom

YES!! Funny you asked this, because last week I posted the same question to Shoeprincess/Cindy's JNL thread. I was 3 weeks in and on the fence and waiting thinking about sending it back. I have a VERY hard time losing weight or seeing changes. I have a good 20-30 pounds that I have to lose that I have been trying to lose for 2-3 years and I have tried everything. I was up to 2 hours a day of working out.
I started JNL new years eve. This past weekend, was when i really started to notice things "moving." My lower stomach is really going down and my waist also. My arms have NEVER had any tone at all, adn they are changing. This morning was a big.."What?" moment. I put on a pair of jeans I have not worn in a week or 2, and they felt odd putting them on, then i realized, they were lose and my belt notch moved over one! Been MANY MOONS since that has happned. I was so happy! I was beaming when I came into work.
I do 2 of her workouts together a day though. Since I have SUCH a hard time losing weight, I need at least an hour. So I will pair an upper body workout with a lower body workout on weight days. On cardio days, I will pair the TKO fat blast, with the Crazy Cardio. I do JNL 4 days a week, then 2 days I do Peak 10. Where last week I was on the fence with this workout, this week I am sold. I have found I respond MUCH better to this type of weight workout than a typical gym style weight workout (3 sets of 12.) I was doing that type with Cathe and KCM. I just looked...bloated. Bigger, bulkier, no muscle tone or anything.
I am really happy so far. I will do this for another 60 days, then get the Peak 10 fit whole rotation (i just have a few individual DVD's) and make a rotation with both.
HTH
5pugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-13, 02:19 PM  
marmact

So it sounds like NO ONE dislikes this set??

I've thought about ordering, but I worry about:

The seemingly screaming nature of JNL herself - the preview vids show her pretty much walking around yelling her head off. Is that indicative of her behavior through the series?

The setup - I traded for DeltaFit based on similar rave reviews but was immediately turned off by phase 1 (15 seconds on/15 seconds off). In retrospect, I should probably go back and try phase 2, as I assume he's going to bump to 30/30, but I know for myself, I do my best work at 45/45 - so... does she ever get to 45/45 OR is 30/30 really that challenging?

Also, does someone mind posting a link to her YT channel? Maybe I can try some of what she has up and see if the personality thing is a dealbreaker. Thanks.
Old 01-30-13, 02:35 PM  
5pugmom

She offers a 60 day money back guarantee, and another VF poster had posted that she returned it without a problem.

After the first run through of each dvd, I knew I would get tired of her constant quotes. Don't get me wrong, I really like her and her energy. But 60 or 90 days of it would probably put me over the edge. At the beginning of each dvd, there is a "Music Louder" option which drowns her out for the most part. You only hear her direction of the next move, then the music pumps up. This has really been a life saver for me and I can focus more on what I am doing. So you always have that option.
As I have read through threads on this workout, a lot of people do this in their own style. Some use heavy weights and less reps, some use lighter and more reps, and shoeprincess even brought up doing the weight portion in a pyramid set. So you can really make it your own.
5pugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-13, 02:53 PM  
kitty12

I consider JNL over the top to be sure, but I never felt like she was "yelling her head off". She was just enthusiastic. As for her little quotes they generally made me laugh or smile at least. Her personality is part of what I liked so much about it, she made it fun to work so hard.

As for Deltafit, I really didn't like Phase 1 either and thought it kind of a waste of my efforts. Unfortunately, that turned me off from going back to it. I did take the lesson to me with JMBR and completely skipped Phase 1. So lesson learned - if I think a phase might be too easy or just not challenge me, it is OK to skip it when doing a rotation!!

I also modified the rotation with JNL to combine. On Monday I did a upper and lower combined and usually added on Fusion Stretch. Tuesday was active recovery. And I combined workouts on Wed & Thursday as needed to complete the week. I think week 2 was also easier than week 1 and I balanced it out by taking one of the more challenging workouts from Week 1 and doing it in week 2.

Sample rotation I used:

WEEK 1 -
M: JNL Fusion: Fusion Lower Body, Bicep Builder & Fusion Stretch
T: Yoga
W: JNL Fusion: Ballistic Back & Crazy Circuit Cardio
Th: JNL Fusion: TKO Fat Blast
F: Active Recovery, S: Barre, Sun: Yoga

WEEK 2 -
M: JNL Fusion: Lean Legs, Upper Body Transformer & Fusion Stretch
T: Yoga
W: JNL Fusion: Total Body Transformer and Speed & Agility
Th: JNL Fusion: Shoulder Shredder & Total Body 10 minute
F: Active Recovery, S: Barre, Sun: Yoga

I was also doing elliptical for about 20 minutes 4 or 5 days a week, plus some of my own strength add ons.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-13, 03:05 PM  
marmact

Kitty, thanks. I should go back and try DF Phase 2 but I was so turned off by Phase 1 it's hard to get the motivation. But I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.
Old 01-30-13, 03:10 PM  
CharM

marmact, here's a link to Cindy's post about JNL YT workouts
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=188684
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jennifer nicole lee, jnl fusion, scratched dvds