Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-14-12, 12:34 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
I think my favorite warm-up is from Cathe's Intensity dvd. My favorite cool-down stretch is probably from Cathes Legs & Glutes. I also keep her High Step Challenge just because I like the abs &stretch on that one. I can't rememberthe last time I've done any of the other parts of that dvd.

As others have said, I would also like a dvd with a bunch of Cathes warm-ups for a lighter cardio day. I wish I could figure out how to do that myself.
Cheryl - I also love the cool down and stretch from Legs & Glutes. I love the song and that the girls are in their socks. High Step Challenge abs is one of my favorite add ons. I also love the music and the moves.

My all time favorite warm up is from 4DS LIS. I love mambo/cha-chas and there's something about when Cathe cues, "Reach, put it in your pocket." that I love for some odd reason. Before 4DS came along, my favorite warm up was from Cardio and Weights. The warm up from Afterburn is good if you don't want to use a step.

For cool downs, I've never given them a ton of thought, but I do like the cool down from I Max 2 a lot. Oddly enough, I hate the warm up, so I always do the warm up from Cardio and Weights, then skip over to I Max.

For a warm up for running, I really like the warm up from P90X 2. It pretty much hits everything, but it's kind of monotonous.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-12, 01:44 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

OK, Susan the Gentle Dinosaur will chime in with...

Christi's "Walk Like An Egyptian" cooldown from CIA 9801. Yep, 9801, as in NINETEEN NINETY EIGHT.

Most awesome cooldown evah.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-12, 01:45 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

OK, back to the 21st century....
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-12, 01:49 PM  
Aquajock

Warm-ups:

INSANITY Max Interval Circuit
INSANITY Max Interval Plyo
INSANITY Max Cardio Conditioning
INSANITY Cardio Power & Resistance

I love the first three because they include higher-end runs, jumping jacks, 1-2-3 Heismans, body-weight "floor hops" in a pike position and vertical switch kicks; CPR (the fourth one) doesn't have body weight stuff but it does have great run sets and vertical jumps as well as power plyo jacks. Nothing else warms me up anymore.

Never do cooldowns. I use core work as my cooldown.

A-Jock
Old 08-07-12, 08:00 AM  
imhere2dance

My favorite warm-up is 15-Minute Workouts for Dummies (abs). I like all the reaching and twisting.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 09:09 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

My favorite cooldown is one of Christie Taylor's as she uses the song "Walk Like an Egyptian" and then we do it. I'm sure I look like an idiot doing it, but I don't care. It's FUN!!

ETA: Urrp! Didn't see SusanP's post. Must be because I'm a dinosaur too!

Last edited by cataddict; 08-07-12 at 09:30 AM. Reason: didn't see Susan P post before I wrote this!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 09:14 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Favorite warm-up instructor (Cathe Friedrich.) Currently using Gym Styles quite a bit to warm-up for Body Beast! I love all of her warm-ups, though.

I also really like Kelly Coffey-Meyer, but can't just warm-up with her, as I end up doing the whole workout.

Favorite Cool-downs or add-ons for me have been Classical Stretch TV episodes. Any Season will do.

Pam

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 09:28 AM  
ilovemygreatdane

Princess76 I agree with you. I like Chalene's. I am happy that they are the same. I don't want to always learn something new.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 10:43 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Count me in as another one who loves Cathe's warm ups! Two exceptions are warm ups on the step that do anything more than basic low impact and the STS strength warm ups were sort of "meh". I love how Cathe takes plenty of time to warm up and I always feel totally ready to tackle the workout when I complete her warm up sections.

I hate workouts where the warm up is so brief before heading into high impact or ones that even include crazy high impact in them. One example was Toby Massenburgs first one...he barely warm you up before you're jumping up on that step. My knees killed for days after that one. I traded it right away! Also in Burn and Build...as much as I love that workout I loathe how Paul does high impact in the warm up. I always follow the low impact modifier during the warm up. I'm all "Paul, I love ya...but your nuts to be jumping right now!" LOL

As far as cool downs, I tend to let the dvd play while the instructor does the cool down but I veer away from what they are doing and just stretch the way I want to. I like to use lots of yoga inspired stretches like down dog, pigeon stretch, triangle, etc. I use the dvd as more of a timer to make sure I take at least 5 minutes to cool down and stretch.
Old 08-08-12, 08:41 AM  
Sophie H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
I think my favorite warm-up is from Cathe's Intensity dvd. My favorite cool-down stretch is probably from Cathes Legs & Glutes. I also keep her High Step Challenge just because I like the abs &stretch on that one. I can't rememberthe last time I've done any of the other parts of that dvd.
I love the HSC abs and cool-down stretch too. I add it on to my other workouts all the time. I haven't done the rest of the workout for ages though!

Sophie H
Sophie H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooldown, favorites, stephanie vitorino, warm ups, warm-up, warmup