Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-11, 09:38 AM  
normandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73 View Post
I used to have a self-lubricating one, and I while I was TM shopping for my replacement I was told that those are obsolete now...and that they never really WERE self-lubricating! My BF did mine once. The tech that set it up for us said you just put it under the belt, on the rollers in the rear of the TM. DBF said it was really easy. The manual says you are supposed to take the roller apart, but the tech said it really isn't necessary.

HTH!
Thanks, the thought of loosening the belt and readusting it properly kept me from lubricating it. I still don't like the idea :-) About how long did you have it before BF lubicated it -- and how long since it was done? Must say though, it's defintely easier when a BF is around for things like that!
normandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 10:44 AM  
pattyd0319

Also don't forgot about size and weight. I think the Lifespan is a little lighter than the others. I love Treadmills but got rid of my last one as it was heavy and took up a lot of space. Moving it was a chore. The small portable ones are not really geared for runners or heavy use. So I use the gym at my work now or run outside.

With the cold weather, I want to buy another but the ones I want or just too bulky and heavy.
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 11:05 AM  
adrien_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by normandy View Post
Thanks, the thought of loosening the belt and readusting it properly kept me from lubricating it. I still don't like the idea :-) About how long did you have it before BF lubicated it -- and how long since it was done? Must say though, it's defintely easier when a BF is around for things like that!
I think it was about 6-9 months after we had it. I've had it 2 years and its only been lubed once. It says it will indicate when it needs to be done, and it hasn't yet. (Its supposed to be done after a certain amount of miles of use.)

I have to admit, I haven't been using the TM much in the warmer months. Now that we already have snow here I'm sure we'll have to lube it again soon!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 01:28 PM  
normandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73 View Post
I think it was about 6-9 months after we had it. I've had it 2 years and its only been lubed once. It says it will indicate when it needs to be done, and it hasn't yet. (Its supposed to be done after a certain amount of miles of use.)

I have to admit, I haven't been using the TM much in the warmer months. Now that we already have snow here I'm sure we'll have to lube it again soon!
Thank you -- I feel better now, and will probably find a reason for a repair guy to come before the two-year warranty runs out, and have it done then!
normandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 01:52 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I love my Sole F85 and voight it at Dick's. It was cheaper on the Sole website and they marched the price.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
equipment, treadmill