Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-11, 03:01 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Talk to me about Stephanie Vitorino

I'm interested in her workouts because it looks like you can break them up into shorter workouts or do them whole. I'd enjoy getting some opinions on her style, the intensity of the workouts, modifiers, etc.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 09:57 PM  
DebbieRN

I only had her Bootylicious Buns DVD, which is (3) 10 minute workouts. Short and sweet & liked it, but it's just her. Simple exercises but you can make them harder and it didn't cost me that much, so happy with that one.

I really like The Ultimate Body Shaper, which I just got last month with the Top Trainers DVD 10 pack. She's really encouraging and motivating and I like her voice. It's a tough workout but she really stresses safety and reminds you about your core often. With this one there's a full workout, about 72 minutes, and you can mix and match a mat workout (30 min) and add in the bonus abs too. On the workout schedule they paired the mat and abs together for a 48 min workout, which is perfect for me. The high step w/o is 30 minutes.

I like her controlled movements since I have to be careful of tweaking things (like my back) with weights. She cues well and seems genuine. Her use of "intensity boosters" as she calls them, are really effective. I didn't notice if the two other girls were modifying or not on that DVD, since I've only done it once. I'll likely check out her other DVDs though. I like her style.

Debbie
DebbieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-11, 01:41 AM  
Hej

I love Stephanie Vitorino. The best description I can give is old Benson-era AWT (similar in concept, but with more intensity in the cardio sections) updated to be very core and balance conscious. She also does a lot of weighted compound/complex movements (heavy AWT) and gets an awful lot accomplished in a short period of time. I feel so worked out and functionally fit after doing UBS. And Stephanie comes across as a real (tough) sweetie in her onscreen persona. Not robotic or contrived at all. Really, it's one of my favorite workouts.
Hej is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stephanie vitorino