Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-10, 07:27 AM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

Rotation-palooza! Post your rotation results here!

I have been going back to the rotations forum and replying to threads there with results about rotations attempted and completed, but I realize many VFers don't often go to that forum and I thought it might be nice to have a central thread where anyone can post with rotations they have tried and how it went. Some Vfers do not follow rotations, but many do enjoy them and/or want more information about kits they see in infomercials. So a main thread where people could post and reply could be good reading!

I'll start the ball rolling by talking about a few rotations I have done. I welcome everyone to reply with your own rotation memories!

LESLIE SANSONE ROTATION

What I did: A Leslie a day. I tried to alternate a more strength one like the Walk Strongs with a more traditional one.

For how long: As long as a month, but generally a week or so at a time when coming back from illness or resuming after a break.

How it went: I like these workouts, but don't think they do much for me other than establish and maintain consistency. I get more dramatic 'results' from other kinds of training and tend to use Leslie workouts as an extra or on a day when I still want to workout but don't feel like doing much.

P90/TONY HORTON

What I did: I followed the classic P90 rotation from the kit for a solid month. After that, when I attempted Tony rotations again, I mixed in stuff from his other sets like P90X and Masters. I alternated a strength day with a cardio day.

For how long: P90 for a month. After that, when I did these workouts, it would be a couple weeks here and there or as part of something else (for example these were very compatible with Barry's Bootcamp and I did a several months long circuits and intervals rotation where Tony's workouts were among several choices.

How it went: I was disappointed with the 'pure' P90 rotation. My upper body looked great (I respond very well to push-ups) but I felt it was not enough lower body work. When I started incorporating other workouts by Tony or others, this improved. I love his cardio. I still use the P90 workouts, but as part of a larger mix-and-match Tony where I alternate a strength day and a cardio day.

Back with more later!
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 10:02 AM  
muddjeansgal

Thanks for starting this thread. It should be an interesting read.

BSS3/BSS4
I did an eight week rotation using these back in 2008. Everyone kept asking me if I had lost weight, so I feel they were effective and fun.

This thread motivated me to revisit this rotation.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 01:26 PM  
westiemack

This is timely Joanna. I am still trying to make it sink into my head that my body responds best to rotations, and not just 'do whatever you want that day'.

In the past I have done:
P90 - Great, but I stopped really 'seeing' results after 6 weeks
P90X - Also great, but again 6 weeks could have been the limit
CLX - Great results - great looking shoulders, especially!
BSS3 - I unintentionally did a focus on these for 3 months in 2005 (I think?) great results!!

As you can see by my signature, I am trying a rotation once again. I hope to spend this year creating rotations with DVDs I already have, and seeing some more significant progress!

Kathy

Disclosure: I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, but I'm only in it for the discount!
westiemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 01:39 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I have never, ever done a rotation but I started one now - Jillian's "Hard" rotation. I've always done the "whatever I felt like" and clearly it has not worked for me. I need a serious kick start to my weight loss and "back on track" consistency in exercising, and no better way for me than 4 weeks of Jillian.

I am looking forward to reading about everyone's results with rotations. I will post my results at the end of 4 weeks.
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 02:06 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I am currently doing a Functional Fitness rotation with old and new Fitprime primarily, the TLT workouts, and a few other functional fitness videos. Even though they seem easier to me than the classic Firm workouts, they actually make my muscles fatigue much more than the classics. It's hard stuff!

Alternately, it makes me suspicious whether I lost significant muscle on a BSS1/2/3/4/Pink Firm rotation, which I did after the classics rotation but before my current rotation. But still, the creativity of the Fitprime/TLT workouts I think just challenges my muscles more.

I have remained consistent in weight with all of these, because my d*** has not been very clean. I'm working more on that more this year. Nevertheless they were/all FUN workout routines!
Old 01-04-10, 03:18 PM  
Kesal

I started out the year doing a P90 rotation. I hadn’t been working out regularly for about six months, and P90 is my go-to system for getting back on track. Which it did . Since I was starting from a slump, I saw good improvement in both cardio and strength, particularly upper body. I stuck with the rotation for about 5 weeks, when I hurt my shoulder. P90 wasn’t to blame; my right shoulder has been bothersome for years.

So I followed with a 30 day rotation of Debbie Sieber’s Total Body Solution, focusing on the shoulder, neck, and core segments. I did the TBS drills every other day, as recommended, and did random other cardio workouts on the other days. By the end of the month, my shoulder was much improved, although still twingey. I was also surprised that the core exercises really did help me to hold a plank longer by the end of the month. However, I was so bored that I could not stand to continue the rotation.

Later in the spring, I did a 10 day rotation of Cindy Whitmarsh’s 10 Days to a Better Body. I do think that my legs got a bit stronger and more defined in just ten days, especially my calves. I didn’t see any change in my upper body, but I don’t think that I lost any ground there.

I did a one month rotation of Michelle Dozois’s YBB workouts, mainly the express pre-mixes. They are perfect when I don’t have much time in the mornings. I didn’t make any fitness “progress” but I held steady with only half an hour of exercise on most days. I do feel like they are good for my core.

I started doing T-Tapp at the beginning of October, and have been keeping up a loose rotation (about 3 T-Tapp workouts per week, alternated with somewhat random other workouts). I feel like it has done more for my shoulder than anything else that I’ve tried, and has also been very good for my posture.

I am planning to start a Project You rotation tomorrow, with the goal of doing all 12 weeks without tweaking the "prescribed" rotation too much.
Kesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 03:59 PM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

I also did the Cindy Whitmarsh for ten days and it was great. I found that by halfway through, I could raise both sets of weights (it uses two sets, a heavy and light) and I felt stronger and fitter. I used that dvd, along with some by Tony, Barry and Jillian in a months-long circuit training kick which gave me amazing results.

My latest rotation was a two-week Gilad rotation. I alternated one of his fit tv shows with one of his quick fit strength workouts. I enjoyed it and probably could have kept it going for longer, but I was really eager to start the Jillian rotation I am doing because several others in my check-in are trying it too. So as for results, it's only been two weeks but I do feel it went well. Nice DOMS on the strength work, a good kind of cardio for me, and when I plugged in 30 Day Shred this morning, I could keep up easily. I would definitely do a Gilad rotation again.
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitprime rotation