Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-07-21, 09:31 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

My regular subscriptions for this year, so far, are:

Ellen Barrett - what can I say, I just love her approach!

Jessica Valent Pilates - lover her PT approach to Pilates - I always feel better after working with her. She also offers more than Pilates - she has some weight training and HIIT workouts in her membership site as well as some PT type exercises.

Those are the only two that I pay for regularly. I will occasionally drop in for a month here and there to other sites.

At the moment, I have a subscription to Walking OnLine Workouts - I subscribed to enjoy the holiday walks, but my subscription ends on 1/15 and I'm not going to renew for now. I have a lot of options between my collection and You Tube for walking workouts - although, I have to admit, the music and scenery is awesome.

I'm considering joining Essentrics for a month or so...and Melissa Wood Health has caught my eye to try in the future.

For this year, I think I'll be happier switching up subscriptions rather than committing to a year-long membership - with the exceptions of Ellen and Jessica V - who make at least weekly appearances in my workout schedule.

I use You Tube pretty often - focusing lately on Pahla B and Yoga w/ Adriene. I plan to do more with Moving Mango, Lucy Wyndham Read, Yoga w/ Kassanda and AngieFitness TV this year.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 09:52 AM  
SuzieC

Over the last year, I streamed:
1. The Become project: I love Bethany's inclusive method. She provides so many modifications and no matter how my body was feeling, I could do the workout. The music is amazing.

2. Essentrics: Another go-to workout for me. If I skip Essentrics for more than a week, my body starts to complain.

I typically alternate Become Project and Essentrics. However, I do use the following streaming too:

3. Barre3: I have subscribed on and off to Barre3, but couldn't pass up their latest amazing yearly deal. I love the 10 minute workouts as add-ons, but also do the 30 minute workouts.

4. Walking online workouts: I also subscribe occasionally to Walking online workouts and it has been a great cardio option for me that does not bother my knees.

I also have a huge library of Purple Platform workouts including Jessica Smith, Leslie Sansone, Suzanne Bowen, Petra Kolber and Kathy Smith.
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 10:43 AM  
laurajhawk

How could I forget... I'm also streaming local yoga classes with my favorite teacher! Lots of studios are livestreaming and recording classes because of COVID ... here, there are students in the studio, but the capacity is very limited and many of us aren't comfortable going. So the streaming is a really nice option - with the added benefit of recorded class libraries available to members.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 12:49 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

I usually do 3 services a year. This year it is:
1) tintyoga.com - Love flow yoga.
young ho kim inside yoga, matt giordano, duncan wong, desireee rumbaugh, budokon, barbara noh
2) essentrics tv - surprised how much I am using this. I usually do one 30-40 minute workout and then do another focused strength. I like the stretch and range of movement
3) This year I decided to try Bellicon. (video.bellicon.com) The instructors are quite professional and I am enjoying my rebounder again.

I still sometimes do alomoves as well. I buy a few Cathe streaming workouts a year.

Other previous years of streaming: Udaya, Les Mills, Cathe, YogaInternational, Omstars
Old 01-07-21, 01:39 PM  
warriorprincess

Currently using Apple Fitness+ 3-month free trial. I don't see myself keeping this service. I really want to like this service since I'm a huge Apple fan, but it's just very ordinary.

Les Mills earlier in the year. I especially love Body Combat and Barre.

If I were to subscribe to another site, it would be neoufitness. Blake from BASE alone is worth it to me. I'm a huge fan. I also love the Jane Do dancers. Really great music on this site.

My most used Youtube sites are Lazy Dancer Tips and Fitness Marshall.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 03:00 PM  
pharma_gal

As a rule I only do one streaming site at a time. I did BOD for a few years which I loved then last year I did Millionaire Hoy. Unfortunately it was a bad year and I was not able to use the subscription much. I have canceled it since my year was up and am giving myself a break for now to use YouTube videos. I’m doing Pahla B and Sydney Cummings. I may do BOD later this year to try the new programs that have launched or I was thinking about Christa’s subscription Boxing and Bubbles. I love her boxing/kickboxing workouts. But I will wait until summer to start another subscription until I pick up my fitness a bit and am ready for more intense workouts.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 03:13 PM  
zoegirl

The Balanced Life pilates with Robin Long. I've never been a big pilates fan but really like Robin and love the beach scenery.
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 04:46 PM  
anetta

Now I want to try Jazzercise on Demand, I will have to check that out.

Thank you
Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 10:15 PM  
sillygirl

My current subscriptions are -
  • Barre3
  • Brooke Burke Body
  • Fabletics FIT
  • FitOn
  • Openfit
  • The Balanced Life Sisterhood
  • Tone It Up

Fabletics FIT is a new workout app free for Fabletics VIP members. All the workouts on FitOn are free! I just pay the small annual fee to be able to choose from different music genres (among other PRO features). I use and pause my Brooke Burke Body subscription throughout the year. The rest of the subscriptions have annual discounts.

My goal this year is to pare down to 3 paid subscriptions. Too many options and workouts, not enough time. It's going to be hard since I like them all for various reasons!
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 12:15 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

The only streaming service I use is MyYogaWorks.com and it's because my company offered employees a free one-year subscription when the pandemic hit and we were given directions to work from home... I do enjoy exploring the variety of yoga practices there and if I had more time, would explore more widely and frequently but thus far, there are only 4 practices I've deemed to be favorites (i.e. worth doing over and over again the way I do with many of Eoin Finn's DVDs and podcasts). I have 3 more months of my subscription so will try to figure out what's really good there! But I doubt I will sign up myself since there's so much in my DVD + CD + podcast + MP3 collection and also on YouTube.

Aside from that, I'm just supplementing my DVDs with select YouTube goodies (Jessica Smith, Do Yoga With Me, Team Body Project, Jenny Ford, some rebounding stuff and a few other things that may or may not be legally uploaded!) I only have so many hours in a day to be active via exercise routines (vs. walking/biking/hiking with my family)...
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd rip, dvd ripping, ripping dvds, streaming, streaming services, streaming workouts