Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-11-21, 05:54 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I guess it's a reminder that we need to appreciate those around us---whether human or otherwise---every day since we never know what tomorrow brings.
Yes!!!

ChelePA I did Cathe's Perfect Flow yesterday and realized I have been missing her too. She did her evil laugh and I even missed that 🤣

I am working on how to blend her in with my other workouts.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 09:28 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday night, Watulans!

Today I did Cathe Live #33 Lean Lower Body. This was a great workout---definitely a new favorite and TBH I didn't expect to like it so much. It used dumbbells, gliding disks and the loops. There was a lot of variety and the time just flew by! She ended with Warrior poses which I haven't seen her do before and they really were great finishers prior to the cooldown/stretch. Next week I think I will throw in some Anna and Heather along with Cathe.

The Poldark talk reminded me that DH and I just watched all the "regular" seasons of Downton Abbey which we had never seen. We did enjoy it---all the pot boiling of a soap opera without the crudeness. Good stuff! Have you guys seen it?

bee, the Whoop band really does sound like a great tool. I looked at their website and it seems you get the band "free" with a membership? Not sure what all that entails---i.e. cost--but please share what you learn. Oh, and to correct myself I think the woman in Rhythmic Step howls rather than screeches. I probably would have Joni O'd it if she had screeched.

Chele, thanks for the heads up on the new Kat advanced. I've been waiting for a new advanced workout from her. All of her moves are familiar to me (most from Cathe) but she puts them together in new fun and fresh ways---and sometimes calls them something different. Glad Winston is doing better.

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 07:07 AM  
ChelePA

Loved Downtown Abbey!!!! They released a movie after the series. Made my husband go with me...haha...and he never watched the show.

Week 3 of Heather Rotation:

Day 1: Killer Leg Day // Lower Body Strength Workout (40:30 minutes) + Optional At Home Toned Thighs Workout // No Equipment (19 minutes)

I really enjoyed both workouts but wish Killer Leg Day only repeated each exercise twice. I guess it really burned the legs using much heavier weights and repeating multiple times. Toned Thighs was a perfect add on after the strength routine.

On the discussion of inner thigh work, Heather does not cross her leg over which is much easier for me to get better range of motion due to always having tighter hips.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 11:33 AM  
Mickey12

Cataddict I LOVED Downton Abbey! I started it midway through the seasons and then went back and watched the first 2 seasons out of order. I also liked the movie. I really wish shows like this didn't have only 10-13 episodes per season and didn't end after only a few seasons. I enjoyed it immensely.
Old 04-12-21, 02:33 PM  
manleym

Cataddict I also remember the "name tag" song from Heather's workout. It's in a couple of her workouts. There's another song in several of her workouts where I can't quite understand what the guy is saying. Is he saying he wants dessert? Not sure, but if so, I'm in!! The lyrics I'm thinking about are ones I wouldn't want my kids to hear (if I had them). Thanks for the review of Cathe Live #33 Lean Lower Body. Sounds like that needs to be in my rotation soon.

Bee have you gotten your 2nd shot? By Saturday evening I was feeling back to normal. Sunday morning my arm was a little tender, but that's all. Oh, have any of the vaccinators commented on any of ya'lls AMAZING delts! I'm sure they're noticing!

ChelePA sorry your hubby and brother had reactions to the J & J vaccine. Glad it didn't last long. I'm doing Day 1: Killer Leg Day // Lower Body Strength Workout (40:30 minutes) + Optional At Home Toned Thighs Workout // No Equipment (19 minutes) this afternoon. I have never felt as comfortable with my bend leg over my working leg for inner thigh. I too feel like I have greater range of motion when my bent leg is behind my working leg.

Another one who LOVES Downton Abbey!! Watched every episode plus the movie! Cataddict you said it well, "all the pot boiling of a soap opera without the crudeness."
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 06:05 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Monday my friends!!

Ooooh, I LOVED Downton Abbey too, even with my husband continually making fun of it by speaking in a Carson voice and saying, 'And today, on Downton Abbey, they polished the silverware. And that was all that happened.'

So happy to hear about the new Cathe mat, ChelePA and FOLV! Lucky gals!

FOLV, we have drugs for the dog who is afraid of his own shadow but not the cats. Crossing my fingers they aren't too traumatized this week!

KateTT and Kim, I've had issues lately with an audio/video lag/not syncing on ID and am terribly sad because I don't know how to fix it! I'm absolutely sure it's on my end and not theirs. I had planned to do LU108 Balance on Sunday but was so distracted by things being 'off' I ended up doing a Kaylie Daniels practice on YouTube instead after 20 frustrated minutes of futzing with settings! Have either of you experienced this?

Friday I did Cathe's Hardcore Extreme, the Interval Circuit workout. It wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it'd be! Today I did the High/Low workout which was going fine until the Kick Max blasts at the end which did me in but still doable. Although I have to admit, I think I didn't like Kick Max a few years ago because of that section and I wasn't hating it today so....might have to try that DVD again, hah! I can't be helped. I'm glad I got this DVD now as it's not nearly as scary as it used to be!

Manleym, the dreaded error! Hope it's stopped for you!

ChelePA, so glad Winston is doing okay, phew!! You're a good puppy mommy. And mommy mommy too.

Now, now, FN2, this Whoop band sounds NOT like something I'd have used in my cage dancing days, but probably in my dominatrix days instead. How is Tank and husband?

Bee, also glad to hear your husband is doing better too. Keep him in line, hah hah hah!!!

Glad you all who have gotten vaccinated aren't having much in the way of side effects, yay!

Waves to Nathalie, Garrie, and Horusosiris!

Okay, gotta run again...stay fierce, Watulans!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 08:04 PM  
Mickey12

Hey all you Watulans!

Tonight I decided on Cathe's Perfect30 Hiit workout. I'm in a fitbit challenge this week and I wanted something that would rack up the steps quickly. I did the mish mosh premix with the high impact then the low impact. It was so fun and just when the high impact moves were about to kill me, the workout switched to the low impact moves. Very nice!

Kittybug sorry you're having the sync issues with Inner Dimensions. I haven't noticed it yet but that's probably because I really don't watch the screen while I'm doing yoga. Especially with Travis because he cues so well. I close my eyes A LOT when I do yoga. Does anybody else do that? I mean, not during sun salutations, quick moving sequences, or balance work, but with slower sequences, holding poses and stretches, for sure. My eyes are more closed than open.

Hope everyone has a great night.
Old 04-12-21, 08:11 PM  
fanofladyvols

kittybug sending you peaceful non headache wishes to you and your furfriends this week!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-21, 09:29 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Kim, I only noticed the sync when in standing poses and glancing at the screen. I actually did an entire practice that was out of sync because Travis cues so dang well, you don't need the video! And yes, I close my eyes a lot too, you're not alone!

FOLV, THANK YOU....tomorrow is the day if all goes as planned. Arg!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-21, 09:40 AM  
ChelePA

Kim...I really like the combo of HIITs in the premixes. I can't wait to do a Cathe rotation next month.

Week 3 of the Heather Rotation:

Day 2: Chest, Back & Shoulders Workout // Strength Supersets (42 minutes) + Optional Low Impact Standing Abs Workout // With Weights (9 minutes).

So I understand why she goes through the supersets 3x each, but it's not my favorite. However my upper body was definitely feeling it on the third set. The Standing Abs using weights was a nice complement to the upper body routine. I couldn't lift much heavier than 6 pounds because my muscles were fried.

I finished a with a quick and so much fun 80s cycling class.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in