Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-06-21, 10:00 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Bee good to hear from you again! What Supersets did you do? I can't think of it. I like hip circle moves. Feels so good opening them up like that. How does Ilaria's Powerstrike #4 compare to her others? Was it different enough from her other Powerstrikes? Thanks for the link to Chelsea Danae's yoga workouts on YT. Just added them to my yoga playlist. Keep sharing the gems you find!
Supersets as in "Push Pull/Supersets" in the Body Blast series. I have Legs & Glutes left in that series and then it's on to..... whatever one is next! I think the one with Muscle Max, etc., right? I need to look it up. Realistically I won't get to legs & glutes until Saturday or Sunday because tomorrow is Throwback Thursday and I was thinking of doing a retro yoga. Have to see if I have that Eion happiness you guys are talking about, but I don't think I do. I think I may only have Blissology. But I was thinking it would be fun to do some sort of "old" yoga.

As for Ilaria.... This is the first power strike I've done in many years, so I can't tell you how it's different, but I will say that it seemed fairly basic. A lot of time spent on kicking drills and punching drills separate from any combo -- but that was fine by me. I actually went through her preamble instruction on kicks and punches and I think it helped me. Honestly I do think her attention to form really saves my hips because they never hurt after I do her stuff but tend to hurt after I do Cathe kickboxing. I'll keep working my way through Ilari's stuff every Wednesday, though I'll probably sneak Kickmax in there at some point soon.

I don't know if those Chelsea youtube yogas are any good or not (one is barre actually) but I did like what she did for my hips. YMMV.

Cheers!
Old 01-07-21, 02:02 PM  
ChelePA

Looking forward to the reviews of Cathe live today. I really enjoy her boxing workouts.

This morning I did Shred Cardio and Perfect 30 Yoga.

Saw a few posts about feeling a sense of doom. With everything going on, I completely understand. I’ll stay away from politics. The cases locally are definitely up for Covid. My mom who is in her 70s works full-time. Three people came to work with symptoms and eventually tested positive. So frustrating and scary! They said they thought they just had a cold. All in the same family. My mom‘s test came back negative today. I’m so angry that she was even put in that situation. It’s a small family company that does not believe in wearing masks. Thank goodness I’ve scared my mom enough that she takes all precautions. Of course I was with her on NYE for less than an hour. Brought some dinner and snacks. So I put myself in quarantine. Both of us wore masks. But I was being overly cautious. I’m looking forward to the day that we don’t have to worry about this virus.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 03:47 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Supersets as in "Push Pull/Supersets" in the Body Blast series. I have Legs & Glutes left in that series and then it's on to..... whatever one is next! I think the one with Muscle Max, etc., right? I need to look it up. Realistically I won't get to legs & glutes until Saturday or Sunday because tomorrow is Throwback Thursday and I was thinking of doing a retro yoga. Have to see if I have that Eion happiness you guys are talking about, but I don't think I do. I think I may only have Blissology. But I was thinking it would be fun to do some sort of "old" yoga.

As for Ilaria.... This is the first power strike I've done in many years, so I can't tell you how it's different, but I will say that it seemed fairly basic. A lot of time spent on kicking drills and punching drills separate from any combo -- but that was fine by me. I actually went through her preamble instruction on kicks and punches and I think it helped me. Honestly I do think her attention to form really saves my hips because they never hurt after I do her stuff but tend to hurt after I do Cathe kickboxing. I'll keep working my way through Ilari's stuff every Wednesday, though I'll probably sneak Kickmax in there at some point soon.

I don't know if those Chelsea youtube yogas are any good or not (one is barre actually) but I did like what she did for my hips. YMMV.

Cheers!
Ahh, makes sense! Don't know why I completely blanked on Supersets. I have that dvd. And I liked the Body Blast workouts, esp the step. Are you planning on doing IMax Extreme tomorrow for Fun Friday?

Thanks for the feedback on PS 4. Interesting that Cathe's kickboxing makes you hurt afterwards. Do you think Cathe's moves are too fast? Can't wait to try Powerstrikes 5, from a VERY generous and kind and wonderful VFer!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 06:36 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Wow, ChelePA, how horrible!! Hugs to you...hang in there. I know you've worried about your mom this whole time and things like this certainly don't help!

Manleym, I did Imax Extreme early with you all today! Did anyone join me, Kim, FN2 (how's that knee??)?

Hah hah, FOLV, 'Winston Polo' is perfect!!

Stay fierce, my Watulan friends!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 06:36 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Ahh, makes sense! Don't know why I completely blanked on Supersets. I have that dvd. And I liked the Body Blast workouts, esp the step. Are you planning on doing IMax Extreme tomorrow for Fun Friday?

Thanks for the feedback on PS 4. Interesting that Cathe's kickboxing makes you hurt afterwards. Do you think Cathe's moves are too fast? Can't wait to try Powerstrikes 5, from a VERY generous and kind and wonderful VFer!
Yes, I will be in on the Imax Extreme party tomorrow..... woot, woot!!!!

And yes, I'm guessing that Cathe's moves are fast enough that I get sloppy in a way my body doesn't like. I really appreciate Ilaria's tempo and attention to form (not that Cathe doesn't pay attention to form, but it's easier for me with Ilaria).

Chele, I'm so sorry to hear what your mom is going through at her work -- that's horrible! I hope she remains healthy!!

This morning for Throwback Thursday I did an Inhale Yoga because I was lazy about going to the cold barn and since I took the tree down I had room and could stream that in the house. It's been a long time since I've done Inhale and while it will always have a soft spot in my heart because it got me to even sort of enjoy yoga in the beginning..... it was really easy and he does not give good cues at all. But whatever -- it was kind of fun to do for a change.

I'm excited about our extreme party tomorrow!!
Old 01-07-21, 06:56 PM  
Mickey12

ChelePA there sure is a lot to worry about these days. I am glad your mom’s test came back negative. Also glad you have gotten her to take precautions.

How are you doing with the rebounder? Do you use it a lot?

Kittybug I did IMAX Extreme today too. Fun but so hard! I took out a lot of the impact so I could go the distance. The weight segments were really short though so I think the Viper is easier than this one just because the weights give you a break from the cardio. I think I am going to do the Gauntlet now too since I did the other two on this dvd. You fierce Watulans are really pushing me to give it my all! Thank you!

I did a Travis yin practice last night and I might do another one tomorrow. Oh, Kittybug I have that Eoin Finn yoga practice too. I haven’t done it in a very, very long time. I really like Pursuit of Happy Hips. Do you have that one?

Hope every has a great night!
Old 01-07-21, 07:00 PM  
manleym

Kittybug I didn't do IMax Extreme today. I'm doing it tomorrow with Bee and hopefully some others - ChelePA, Horusosiris, Garrie. Come join Bee and I for the party! And Cataddict if your knee is better and if you didn't do it today.

Bee I was curious because I wondered if some of my kinks may be caused by doing kickboxing moves (or other moves) too fast. I've never paid attention but do know some days I feel more creaky and achy than others. I should start tracking what workout I did the day before.

So here's today Cathe Live update:

#329 Boxing Hiit Express. It was good, but not sure it will be a favorite. It was boxing and cardio, so Cathe had on boxing gloves. It wasn't a bad workout. The Lives I did early in the week were more fun for me than this one. Cathe said this workout is a “good way to get the kinks out” and I agree. And it's a good add-on to another workout, which is exactly how I used it. Since it was only about 30 minutes I did #256 Express Plyo Legs Plus Core. Another good cardio, especially as add on. I thought it would be more of a HIIT workout, and there are some high intensity moves, but they alternate with leg moves using light weights. Cathe used 5's, and so did I since this was an add-on, but you could go heavier for a more intense workout. I skipped the core at the end of the workout, so can't comment on that. Overall both are good cardio workouts. I also did Alo Yoga Power Vinyasa Flow with Jessica Olie and liked it.

ChelePA that is so not right what your mom's employers are doing not wearing masks and putting their employees at risk. I'm glad she's listening to you and taking this seriously. I'm glad her test was negative and hope she continues to stay healthy.

Hugs and waves to all! See ya'll tomorrow for our extreme party!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 12:42 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

TGIF my fierce friends. Oh yes you are! You just think you aren't fierce but you are!

kittybug: I would like to get a silver lab maybe.
Eoin is still my all-time favorite Yoga instructor. Now I think I'll grab one of his practices for this afternoon.

ChelePA: Thank you! I try my best. I just don't want to slow down yet, even at 58.
The Intensity series is awesome! I think we all just have to be strong and patient so we can get through ALL of the chaos!

bee: Ok, ok, I'll start working some of the Terminators into my routine. I'll channel my inner "Arnie".

manley: I am sure tempted to restart my Cathe Live subscription but I promised myself not until after I have gone through ALL my untried Cathe's.

Nathalie: You all are so supportive!!! I have a feeling it will be fun! Cardio Fusion is another one I have been avoiding.

Yesterday was Cathe Great Glutes Extreme mix. Just a bit over an hour and includes ALL the leg work, floor, weighted, barre, stability ball. Cooked my butt! And definitely feeling it now. However, later in the day I did Rudy's Functional Hamstrings Yoga from Udaya and it felt SO much better. I'm not as sore today as I thought I would be.

Today I did MBF Day 5 Full Body Burn + Day 6 Power Ignite. Again both 30 min workouts and actually fairly similar in how they work the body.
Full Body was a little heavier lifting but starting to incorporate some kettlebell inspired moves which keeps the HR up more. Megan went pretty heavy so I stayed with her on some, heavier on others.
Power Ignite was lighter weight, body weight and more metabolic.
So both workouts really worked my whole body quite well. The only thing I'll do is not schedule a Cathe leg day and one of these back to back.

Thinking of doing one of my many Eoin practices. I have a bunch of free audio yoga I downloaded ages ago. And I also found several here. https://www.mixcloud.com/yogablissologywitheoinfinn/
I did not have to join or pay or anything. Hope it works for you.

Have a great weekend!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 02:27 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Friday, Watulans!

Great to see all the posting! It's been a busy week! Big Orange had a vet appointment since he has what we thought was a respiratory infection that he couldn't shake. It was. Then Wednesday morning I look at Tank (the boy on the brown swirly blanket in the pic) and he sneezed blood. So off to the vet for emergency and he had a head xray, blood work and cytology. It took HOURS and we were so worried. He is almost 15 and I just wasn't ready for it to be something like cancer. Fortunately we got good news and the vet said the tests showed it was a bacterial infection--no tumor or mass. Yikes. By the time the vet called I was crying and DH was cleaning the bathroom like a madman trying to get his mind off of it. They both got antibiotic shots and both seem to be doing better today. Whew!

Tuesday I did a lot of walking but no "formal" workout. Wednesday I did Cathe Live #292 Lo Impact Cardio Muscle. It was "okay" but not a big, big fan. I think it's because it wasn't really enough muscle (part of this was my fault, I'm following the same rule as FN1 this week and not going heavier than 8-10 lbs) and but not enough cardio to keep my heart rate up. And there were pushups in it!! It would work better as an add on I think. Yesterday I did Amy Dixon's Breathless Body 3 HiiT It Big. This is a goody and tough! I did a little modifying, but not a whole lot. Today I plan to join the Imax Extreme Team. My knee is fine now, thank heavens! Like Kate, I'm gonna keep at it as long as I can. And 58 is too young to stop!

bee, I was thinking about your comment about Cathe kickboxing bugging your hips and I noticed this week when I did two of her kickboxing Lives that I was getting tweaks as well. I do think it's because it's fast. Now Cathe herself says she isn't an expert in this area, so I don't really blame her, but it's something I need to pay more attention to and maybe not do too much of her kickboxing in a short period of time.

Kate, the MBF program you are doing sounds good. I'm always leery of BB workouts since some of the instructors just aren't my cup of tea. Well, actually Autumn is the only one I can think of offhand that I couldn't tolerate. I kind of tuned out Chalene's Too Kool For Skool OC vibe since I like Turbo Fire. I've read good things about Megan.

manley, thanks for the feedback on today's Live. I knew if I did it I would skip the abs, and since I've done Cathe kickboxing twice this week I'll maybe put it in as an add on in the future. I'm not sure what Cathe Live looks like on other than the Roku, but the Lives can be sorted by length of video which I have found very helpful if I want an add on. I haven't had major problems with streaming, but the Roku has made it so convenient, not just for Cathe Live but for the semi binge watching/catch up DH and I have been doing on PBS Passport.

Chele, that is scary about your mom. It's unfortunate how many people play fast and loose with other people's health. You are smart to quarantine yourself as a precaution. I would really hate to be responsible for someone else getting sick.

Kim, good for you for completing 2 out of 3 of the Terminator workouts! As I've said before, you don't give yourself nearly enough credit for what you can do. Sometimes just starting a tough workout is the hardest part and you can always modify as needed to finish. You will definitely crush the Gauntlet!!

Nathalie, still thinking about you and your dad and the MRI test results. Keep us posted.

FN1, I have really enjoyed the recovery week from Mess 3. I do look forward to finishing it up.

horusosiris, did you do this week's Live? Thoughts? You're joining us for Imax Extreme, correct? You too, Garrie?

FOLV get your SUPER DUPER COWBELL ready for COWBELL MAX when we finish Mess 3!

Waves to all!! Moby out!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 02:41 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Fun Friday, Watulans! Yes, I did Imax Extreme! Wow, did anyone else get pretty tired at the end? I had a hard time doing the steps even -- I think my brain was fatigued. But, it was fun! I did enjoy it. I followed with the Perfect 30 stretch and even after that I put on my audio book and did some more stretching!!

Kate, I think for any of the Terminator workouts what you need more than anything is stamina. You can do it!

That is a great tip on the Eoin audio. I'm going to check that out!

cataddict, I see you are able to join us for IE -- good news on the knee! But even better news from the vet! Wow, what a horrible day that must have been! So glad "the Tank" is ok!!

I have noticed that after I do the longer workouts I mostly sit on my butt the rest of the day. My step count was more than 7300 from IE but I am determined to be more active the rest of the day. I need to do pantry clean out and that type of stuff.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!!

Tags
watulan check-in