Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-21, 07:38 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Hey Watulans,

Another drive-by post but I wanted to share this YouTube yoga instructor I stumbled on today. Maybe some of you already know but I didn't. I realllllllly enjoyed the 70-minute practice I did from him, which he posted about a month ago! Anywho, his name is Christian Allaire and his channel is here for anyone interested:

https://www.youtube.com/user/clallaire

Do you have any favorites? I'm always happy for more Yoga.
Thanks!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-21, 08:32 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Do you have any favorites? I'm always happy for more Yoga.
Thanks!!
Kate, I've only done one practice from him, the 70-minute power yoga one I did today (it's a rather recent upload, me thinks) which was EXCELLENT, but I totally intend to check out more from him. He said too that he will be uploading about two practices per week. I also looked at his website and bio and the like...he's quite an interesting guy!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-21, 07:06 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Kate, I've only done one practice from him, the 70-minute power yoga one I did today (it's a rather recent upload, me thinks) which was EXCELLENT, but I totally intend to check out more from him. He said too that he will be uploading about two practices per week. I also looked at his website and bio and the like...he's quite an interesting guy!
I used the last 20 minutes or so...when he moved to the floor... as a nice extended stretch to end my workout today. I really liked it. Thanks for the recommendation.

For Kickbox Wednesday, I tried a few new instructors that use the rebounder. First was Angie Fitness Cardio Kickbox Style with Upper Body Sculpting. It was around 30 minutes. This one was definitely an upper body workout despite being on the rebounder. It wasn't my favorite. I used heavier weights to increase the intensity. I then added on Bellicon Kickboxing by Amita Champion. This one was a little over 20 minutes. Fun music and she included a nice set of abs at the end. I will definitely check out some of her other workouts that are longer and more advanced.

Bee...thanks for the input regarding weights. I know we are all different. My legs bulk up quickly. I was hoping to lean them out some and trying to figure the best approach. More Bodyweight exercises? Different cardio? Lighter weights? Probably a better diet...haha.

Another round of snow coming. I'm sure many of you will also be shoveling tomorrow too. Stay safe and warm!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-21, 10:34 AM  
manleym

Quick check in...

For Metabolic Monday I did Katami 4x4 I Am Change 1 and for some reason liked it better than the first time I did it. It's a good, solid metabolic workout. Maybe muscle memory kicked in? I don't know but it went faster than the first time I tried it. I followed it with 60 Minute Well Rounded Vinyasa Flow Yoga Class - Five Parks Yoga, which felt GREAT!!!

For Two Fer Tuesday I tried On Demand 30 Minute Kettlebell EMOM Workout with Precision Kettlebells on Youtube. I liked it and am curious about his other workouts and how they compare to other KB instructors/workouts. This was only 30 minutes so I added on Caroline's 20 Min Dumbbell Hiit Workout At Home | Hiit It Hard Series Day 4. I don't know why she called it HIIT because it's all weights - no cardio or jumping at all. It was a great quick, metabolic weight workout and was a perfect add-on. Then I did Travis's Level Up 108 Flexibility, which I absolutely LOVE!! I think this is one of my favorite workouts by him.

Kittybug thanks for the yoga rec. I've subscribed to his channel and may do the workout you posted after I Am Change 2 today. And yes, 4x4 does get harder with each Phase. But that's no step for a stepper like you! I need to try the rope workout. I haven't done it yet and will have to use a strap since I don't have a rope. I love the flexibility of these workouts in that it's super easy to modify or sub a cardio move, and to adjust levels. And the lengths are great. Easy to add on another workout.

Back later friends!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-21, 11:00 AM  
ChelePA

Manleym... thanks for posting about the Hiit It Hard Series. I did a similar workout yesterday and I really enjoyed the shorter time and using weights. I also agree it is more metabolic for me but I’m wondering if it’s more HIIT for her with the heavy weights??? Also I noticed many of the YouTube instructors calling their workouts HIIT. I was wondering if it was due to just using the timer format. Definitely not the same as Cathe.
Old 02-17-21, 11:05 AM  
ChelePA

Also any recs on free YouTube videos from Travis that you enjoy?

Since I was disappointed in my workout this morning. I decided to revisit Kelly Coffey Meyer’s Step Boxing, 30 minutes to fitness. It’s been years since I’ve done this one. I got hooked on Cathe and never looked back. I remember the choreography really challenging me. I have definitely improved since those days. I did workout one with no issues. It’s more of an intermediate workout but I enjoyed it. The bonus weighted intervals were very good—compound moves either working upper and lower body or upper and core together.
Old 02-17-21, 04:13 PM  
manleym

Kittybug thanks for the yoga rec! I did it today after 4x4 I Am Change 2 and LOVED it! I REALLY like his style - great transitions, not too chatty - like Vytas, he just guides you through the workout, and I liked his music. It was a nice, controlled practice with lots of variety. I'll be doing more of his!

ChelePA I was actually trying to find the one you did. Do you remember the name of the workout? Yes, I think heavier weights would be a HUGE difference, but when I think "HIIT" I think burpees, tuck jumps, or even low impact moves like skaters. And DEFINITELY not the same as Cathe. I haven't found any YT workout labeled "HIIT" that compare to Cathe's. Which is a good thing.

This is the Travis workout I did yesterday and is one of my favorites: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC5f...U&index=1&t=1s.

I also like 5 Parks Yoga ALOT. And Christian, the new guy Kittybug recommended. Travis is chatty, but 5 Parks and Christian are not. They just walk you through the workouts. So it depends on whether or not a "chatty" instructor will bother you or not. For me, it depends on my mood.

Glad you pulled out an old KCM and found it enjoyable and that you were able to see improvement. Before we started this group, I mainly did Cathe and KCM. I did one of hers a few weeks ago and liked it. I know I'll circle back around to her eventually.

We're still frozen and most of the state still without power. Thankfully we haven't lost power, not even a blink, but coworkers, family, friends all over the state have. It really doesn't matter what part of the state they live in either. It is wide-spread. Some have been without power for multiple days. Sorry for the rant, but it is absolutely ridiculous!!!

Horusosiris and ChelePA (well, your husband) - glad to hear ya'll are fans of America's Team. Nothing beat the Tom Landry days. Troy, Emmitt, Michael, and Deion sure were close, but the Landry era will ALWAYS reign.

Stay warm my friends!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-21, 05:06 PM  
ChelePA

Manleym...20 minute HIIT Dumbbell Workout from December 12, 2020.

Thanks for the yoga recommendations. Not usually my thing but I’m trying because I know I need more flexibility work in my rotation.
Old 02-17-21, 06:25 PM  
Mickey12

ChelePA that Travis Elliot Flexibility class is excellent as ManleyM said. I would just caution you that it's from his Level Up 108 series which is supposed to be more advanced. Don't get discouraged if you feel it's too much.

ManleyM I'm glad you have been spared the power outages. I hope they can get people restored quickly.

Today I did Amy Bento's Advanced Step Challenge from 2006. I wanted to come back to it to see if I liked it any better than when I first got it. After doing more of Amy's workouts lately, I was better prepared for the advanced choreography and I was able to fake it or do my own moves for the trickier movements. It was only 30 minutes of work and 40 minutes in total, so even though the choreography is complicated, the workout isn't that extreme. I liked it well enough the the music is good. I would do it again.

I know this question has been posed in the general discussion thread, but I'm wondering how you guys arrange your DVDs. Mine are grouped in sort of three ways: by category of workout (all my step workouts together, all my weight workouts, etc); by instructor when I have a bunch by the same instructor; and third category is for those that I really don't like that much and don't foresee doing a lot.

So how do you do it?
Old 02-17-21, 06:59 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Hump Day!

Oh, Kate, yesterday I meant to give you high five's for Cardio Fusion -- I knew you'd sail through it! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!

kittybug, thanks for that yoga pointer -- he sounds great!!

Chele, for legs..... I don't know.... I feel like nothing I do will "slim" my legs -- they are what they are. I do feel like I get better definition on my upper body with bodyweight as opposed to heavy weights, but lower body? I'm stumped. Can't go wrong with diet changes, but it sounds like you are rocking that department this month! I forget the name of it but some people seem to have good luck with training the lower body every day -- so not super heavy work, and I think varying the style of training, but just making sure they get worked somehow every day. Not sure I could handle that.

manleym, I don't blame you for ranting at all! Sounds like a horrible situation there! Hope things get straightened out soon! We used to have a guy who worked for us who lived in Pearland. One year he came out for a week in February and we happened to have one of our rare snows. We took him to the snow in shorts and flip flops..... because that is all he owns!! I keep wondering how he's doing this week!

Kim, re: arranging workouts -- I do it by instructor/franchise and within that it's completely random. I try to keep yoga workouts in one section, then Bob Harper is with Jillian, the Firms are obviously together and next to Tracie Long's later works. Stuff like that.

Kickbox Wednesday..... did not happen for me. It's another friend's birthday -- this one is the only one I have a bubble with (and she for me -- it's my son's girlfriend's mom -- thankfully we get along great!) so I got up early to make a chopped salad and whipped cream for berries for us. We hiked near my house in a beautiful redwood forest and then had lunch. Such a nice day. I really need to get going on something productive but really don't feel like it after all that fun. Feels like it should be Saturday. Funny enough I thought about doing that KCM Step Kickboxing because I thought I might have time for 30 minutes of something, and I probably would have, but it didn't happen.

Waves to all!

Tags
watulan check-in