Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-06-21, 09:07 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I'm back. I do feel a little better mentally but still miss Big Orange so much, as do we all, human and feline. Thanks again to all of you for the kind words about our big sweet baby.

bee, I'm so sorry to hear about Hobbes. So sad.

MrChele, thanks for the update on Michele. I can't imagine how tough this has been on the whole family. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

FN1, I'm sorry you've had so many home issues. It does seem to be true that when it rains it pours! Your dishwasher story reminds me about my ex DH's place in Florida. When he needed to replace his refrigerator the installer told him that they couldn't get the old one out since apparently the builder put the fridge in before the kitchen island was installed and there was no clearance to get the old appliance out! IIRC they ended up taking the fridge completely apart to get it out and had to do something similar to get a new one in. Crazy stuff.

FOLV, I don't ever preview. If I did I might never actually do one! If I jump right in I feel like I have to finish. Oh, and if I didn't thank you before, THANKS for the cowbell for finishing Rock Bottoms.

manleym, hope you are enjoying your vacation!

Nathalie, thanks for the warning about Crazy Smiling Woman in #212! Yes, I wonder if her jaw was sore after the workout was over.

Kim, Christi is a lot of fun, isn't she? I've done her workouts so many times I am glad to have Kat around for variety.

Kate, I can't believe it was 99 degrees in your neck of the woods! I didn't think it EVER got that hot, even in the dog days of summer! So our 90 degrees that we had one day last week doesn't seem so bad! Did you get the horrible humidity with it??

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-21, 11:37 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

FOLV, which Barre 3 workout did you try? I still have a bunch of those still in shrink wrap I need to try!

FN2, wow on the fridge! We have had a LOT of issues like that because the previous owner built around appliances, which has limited our choices too (hello, laundry room, I'm talking to you). I'm still really sad about Big Orange and hope you all feel better soon, human and feline!

Bee, you got to take classes WITH Bur? I swear, it seems like you've taken classes live with so many instructors, lucky you! I love the Bar Method....I need to revisit those too. And yep, I'm really sore today from Leah. And YES, why does everything tend to break at the same time??? I share in your frustrations!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-21, 02:39 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

cataddict, that is so crazy about the refrigerator/island! Wow. Did you decide to keep going with the March rotation? I'm sorry I switched on you!!

kittybug, yes, I am lucky for all the instructors I've had in person experiences with! Yes.... I was living in SF at the time and that's where she opened up the first studios. I remember walking in behind her one day and she was just so tiny! Like when you see a movie star in person and they look so much smaller. Anyway, it was somewhat intimidating, to me, to take classes with her! They used to have these decent one price, all the classes you want for the month deals, so I would do that and then really want to get my money's worth.

Today I did Imax 4. I have decided that is the perfect Imax for this old boomer. I can mostly keep up with the choreography and the blasts definitely seem easier.... and I am not complaining! I told myself I would not do any outdoor chores today, but I couldn't stay away from it. I have showered and onto indoor chores for now.

Waves to all!!
Old 06-07-21, 06:46 PM  
Mickey12

Hey everyone, today I did JNL Fusion TKO workout. It was only 27 minutes, moderate work. It alternated 30 seconds of either punching or kicking with 30 seconds of a cardio move. Her workouts are repetitive but they’re so short that it’s not too annoying. What IS annoying is Jennifer’s comments and the antics and showboating of the participants. I knew the workouts were like that but today it was bugging me more than usual.

We’re leaving on Thursday for Florida for our quicky trip to Disney Springs. Can’t wait! It’s gonna be HOT but it’s a short trip so it won’t be bad.

Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old 06-07-21, 09:17 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi Watulan friends,

Today I started Week 3 of the March rotation with Athletic Training. It was tougher than I remember---very fast moving. Of course now that our temperatures and humidity have gone up, workouts all are starting to seem harder! I am liking the March rotation better than the Rock Bottom one, possibly because my lower body felt a little overworked? As an aside, since I'm back to wearing shorts in the warmer weather I have noticed that they are not as tight as I remember from last summer. So I'm thinking either the Rock Bottoms rotation or the round of STS may have contributed to some tightening of the muscles? If I had been smart, I would have done some body measurements before I started one or the other rotation so I would know for sure. Of course I didn't, so I'm just speculating.

Our tomatoes and beans like the warmer weather, and now that they are drying out from the 3 solid days of rain/flooding we had they are all looking good! The first tomatoes look like they are getting "close" to ripening, but it could be just me wanting it to be so.

Kim, enjoy your trip! Oh, and thanks for the heads up about JNL Fusion. I've never done any of her workouts, so your description tells me they aren't for me!

bee, as I mentioned above, yes, I'm doing the March rotation--no biggie that you switched to something else. I'm just over half done with it and I'm thinking of following it with the June rotation. Oh, and I get you about home maintenance getting to be too much! I need a good kick in the butt to get me moving on decluttering in advance of downsizing into a smaller place. DH is probably more on board with the project than I am, but honestly I'm the one with most of the "stuff" do deal with, so I have the most work to do.

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-21, 09:28 PM  
fanofladyvols

kittybug I managed to do 10 minutes of Studio slim. Love to hear what you think of the Barre3 when you do them. I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with the workout or the sweet instructor... it's me!

bee when I married I lost my orange tabby. She spent two weeks hissing and hiding and slashing my husband's legs underneath the bed and then ran off.

kim so excited for your trip! How about hollering out "Watulans Rock!" out loud on a ride for us?

manley hope you're vacation is going well.

cataddict It's more of a mini preview to get myself game ready. I buzz through, take stock of whether my body will cooperate or what premix feels right. Then I can decide what kind of clothing I will wear and sis boom bah myself into it. I'm kooky.

Which reminds me, I did Men's Health circuit workout's warmup and cooldown along with Men's Health Abs, Arms, chest workout. Had a blast.

Jumping jacks waves to ChelePA, Kate, lavna, horusosiris, and Garrie.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-21, 09:14 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Cataddict, that's funny...I had planned to do Athletic Training this week as it's been a while, and I totally have a feeling I'm going to be saying the same thing you said. Yesterday I did Perfect HIIT, the low plus high plus bonus plus extended stretch, and the high part felt WAY harder than the last time I did this one. I was wiped! I wonder if it's all the stress or the heat or a combo of things?

Watulans, I have a few strawberries! We've never grown them before so I'm super excited to see that. I wish we had a full on garden with tomatoes (and beans!) like some of you have.

FOLV, I'll keep you posted if I get around to breaking out the Barre 3!

Kim, enjoy your trip, and Manleym, hope yours is going well too!

Bee, rocking the chores...that's a lot of work! Are you all feeling ready for fire season? That has to be stressful.

Waves to all!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-21, 10:01 AM  
fanofladyvols

kittybug the met score in Perfect HIIT High is well...high, (9.5) lol. So that with stress and heat make it a formidable opponent. Kudos for you tackling. I choose not to do it again until the winter.

cataddict thanks for educating me on workout manager!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-21, 03:39 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hi All!

Kim, I know what you mean about JNL -- some days she didn't bother me, some she did. Have a great trip to Florida!!

cataddict, in fact.... DH confessed to me just yesterday that part of why he doesn't move is that he can't handle the thought of dealing with all of his stuff. Ug. At least he is willing to start tackling some of it. At any rate, because of the way he said it, I finally understood a little better why he doesn't want to move. It is indeed overwhelming.

I'm envious of your tomatoes! Mine have a long way to go, though there is one called a "Black Beauty" that does in fact have a small black tomato growing!! I get the starts from my friend and she got all kinds of crazy ones.

Linda, is there any barre you enjoy? Maybe barre is just not your thing.

kittybug, I don't know that we'll ever really be "ready" for fire season, but I'm trying to make it a little better every day. Unfortunately I can't do the things that are probably more important, like limbing up the trees. Congratulations on your strawberries! Do you have netting over them, or something, for protection from birds? We grew strawberries one year and I think we were only able to eat about two of them because the birds got there before we did. Those birds.... they know who gets the worms (strawberries)!

I don't think I've done Athletic Training in a while, but I feel like I can remember wanting to avoid it. This morning I did Chiseled Upper Body followed by a walk with a friend.

Hope everyone is having a good day! Waves all around.
Old 06-08-21, 08:11 PM  
Mickey12

Yeah, Kittybug on the strawberries. Enjoy them! I thought of critters possibly getting them like Bee did. I hope you get them first!

Cataddict your veggies sound great. We got two tomato plants from a friend but right now they look pretty thin and pale. Haha. I’m not holding out much hope. I will just buy from our local farm stand.

Linda I won’t be riding any rides on this short vacation but your post about yelling “ Watulans rock” sure did make me smile.

I had some angst from last minute packing so I chose Kelly Coffee Meyer, Home Gym Intervals. I needed something straight forward without too much thinking. This is one of my favorite KCM workouts. I really like how efficient is it, gets everything worked, but not overkill.

Hi ChelePA!

Tags
watulan check-in