Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-21, 02:27 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Yes, thank you very much for the update, ChelePAHusband! This has to be so tough on all of you. What a horrible accident, and yes, I guess there is silver lining in that it could have been much worse. Good thing she is a Fierce Watulan. horusosiris expressed what I was feeling in much better words than I could ever string together. We are definitely all rooting for her!

Today I did ICE Total Metabolic Body, or whatever it is called. I really liked that workout! A good variety of moves and moves within moves, if that makes sense. She mixed it up every where she could, it seemed. And speaking of mixed up, my last week ordering was all mixed up, but this was the last workout in the rotation for me. Are you done, cataddict and manleym? High fives!

I feel like I have a bit of breathing room this weekend -- phew! I have some reading to make sure I get done before book club Tuesday, but other than that, time to clean! (is it crazy that I'm happy to have free time for cleaning?!)

Have a good one!
Old 05-22-21, 02:30 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Thanks to ChelePA's husband for giving us an update. Chele is definitely in our thoughts and prayers. She is one strong Watulan and we miss her!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-21, 06:41 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday!

Today was Lower Body Blast (again). Note to self: write down what barbell weight to load up in advance since there's no warning and no idea what weight Cathe is using! I grabbed dumbbells instead since my barbell is currently loaded pretty light---at least too light for squats and deadlifts. I chose the core segment from Lean Legs and Abs, which was quick and to the point---exactly what I was looking for since LBB is pretty long. I liked the abs segment--no endless reps and not too long and some variation.

Tomorrow I finish up the rotation with Afterburn! Yay!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Waves to all and extra {{hugs}} to ChelePA and her family!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Old 05-23-21, 01:19 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Way to go doing LBB again, cataddict! I'm not sure how I ended up a couple of days ahead of you. Many times when Cathe goes for a barbell I go for dumbbells instead.

This morning I did that ID Happy Hips..... very nice! Thanks for that recommendation, Kim! After that I went for a walk with my friend. I think I will start on the March rotation tomorrow though I'm anxious to see what Cathe has in store for June.

Does anyone have plans for Memorial Day weekend? Nothing for us, but just curious. It is nice to see so many things getting to the new normal. I'm getting my hair cut this week! I think my person is going to be horrified when she sees my hair. I thought I would never again care about getting it cut but now that appointment can't come soon enough.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day! Hugs to all.
Old 05-23-21, 03:51 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

bee, you know you did the workouts out of order! I started the rotation a day or so later than everyone else so I was a little out of sync from the jump.

Will check in for cowbells after I finish Afterburn---FOLV, get them ready!!

Old 05-24-21, 09:09 AM  
Garrie A.

ChelePA's DH: Thanks for the update!

Also sending CONGRATS to those who've completed the Rock Bottoms rotation! What were your results afterwards??
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-21, 11:56 AM  
Mickey12

Bee I don't think we're doing anything special for Memorial Day. Sometimes my sister-in-law invites us down for burgers, but I'm not sure what's going on this year. Agreed, it will be so nice to be doing normal family gatherings this year!

I do have some extra activities for the weekend though. My neighbor is going away for a couple of days and I have to tend to their 5 dogs and 2 horses. I've posted before about taking care of the dogs, but this will be the first time I have to feed the horses too. I'm going to her house after work today for a refresher course. She showed me last year, but their plans changed and I didn't have to feed the horses then so I sort of forgot the procedure. They have a "regular" one and a Clydesdale. His name is Gage and he's HUGE!!! But, he's actually on the small side so he's not as gigantic as a normal Clydesdale.

Have a great week, everyone.
Old 05-24-21, 01:41 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
This is ChelePA’s husband. I have been reading to her your kind words and well wishes. As you know the accident was quite serious. We have learned that the boy who crossed into her lane and hit her head on was driving over 60 mph. Double the speed limit. I had to go see the car and it was completely crushed. Feeling blessed beyond words. You all know how special Michele is. She continues to have a large frontal hematoma and bruised chest plus shoulder area. She is wearing her cervical collar for the fracture at c7. Her right knee is completely crushed with breaks in 5 different areas including the tibia fibula bones. She had her second surgery today to begin the rebuilding process. An external stabilizer is also in place. Her recovery will be 3-6 months. We know how difficult this will be for her. She loves to exercise and misses this group. She always shared how inspirational everyone was even through crazy times. I know she will be back and better than ever. The support from people she has never met in person amazes me. Cataddict’s gift today was perfect. It brought grateful tears to her eyes. Not only thinking of her but remembering her love of peanut butter. Now I know why she comes here daily I will try to update periodically and hopefully Michele will feel up to it soon. Thanks again!
Thank you Mr. ChelePA for the update on our friend! We do know how special Chele is! She is such an important part of our group. We will continue to pray for her and wish her a speedy recovery. She will bounce back from this and be stronger than ever! We're here cheering her on!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-21, 01:59 PM  
manleym

Hi everyone! Love reading everyone's posts and am finally able to catch up. Yay!

Kim you asked a while back about our butterfly bush. It has purple blooms, not really flowers like petals, but there is a bloom. We've had it for awhile and it didn't do much the first couple of years. In fact it looked dead so we were going to dig it up, but forgot, and we're glad we didn't because the following summer it came back and was beautiful! It has grown pretty big so I have to trim it occasionally. I'm afraid Snowmageddon might have hurt it, but our other plants seem to be doing ok, so I'm hoping it will bounce back too. How are your plants coming along?

Bee we don't have Memorial Day plans but I might see if my brother and SIL, niece and her boyfriend want to come down. I haven't met the boyfriend and apparently they're getting serious so we'd like to spend some time with them. We did have our Lifegroup last night and it was so nice being together. The couple who hosted has the most AMAZING backyard on a lake so we sat out there visiting. It was much needed! And glad you're internet is fixed. It's hard when your regular workout space isn't usable, for whatever reason. Makes everything just off. Glad you're back in your space.

Kittybug I probably won't start a new rotation until mid-June. We're going to Florida June 5-12, so I think I'll just do "whatever" until I get back. Then I might look at Cathe's June or March rotation. Actually, I might just jump in to whatever rotation ya'll are doing. I'm glad you're having fun with CTX! It's worth having! Sorry about all of the remodel disasters. I hope things are coming along and that you have your kitchen back soon. That is so disruptive.

Cataddict LOL on Obey The Rotation and the bacon song! I don't remember it. Did you say where in the workout it is and I missed it? Love that you are obedient, faithful, and true to the rotation. I was not. HA! Glad your tomatoes and beans are coming along. Have you had any? Let us know how you like them.

Hugs and waves everyone (especially ChelePA)! I'm going to type a seperate post about my workouts so I don't get the dreaded ERROR message.
Old 05-24-21, 02:28 PM  
manleym

Now for the workouts.

Thursday was Afterburn. GREAT workout! I did notice my back being tight on Friday but I'm not sure if was the workout or Pack Max. With my job I usually have to pack and move every year, and Friday was Pack Max at work so some of the tightness may have been from pushing heavy boxes around. Nothing that the heating pad couldn't fix. Does is seem like Cathe doesn't have as many catch phrases in her more recent workouts than older ones? Like, "we're so close to the end of this routine I can smell it." Seems like she has more of those funny phrases in her older workouts than in her more recent ones. There were a couple of funny phrases in Afterburn that made me smile. And the expression on Jai's face when she realized she had been switching legs and Cathe wasn't. She was like, "W-H-A-T???" It was either this workout or another one where Jai didn't seem to be following Cathe. Some of it was late cueing though. Anway, glad to revisit Afterburn. It had been awhile.

Friday I was Disobedient to My Rotation, and did Cathe Live #33 Lean Lower Body instead of Lower Body Blast again. I'm glad because it was a GREAT workout! Loved it! I remember Cataddict mentioning and liking it, so I had it on my radar. It was perfect for Friday, since there was no jumping and I had done Pack Max at work. And I like using bands and gliders so there was a nice variety of moves, along with weights.

Saturday was Move Max at work. Thankfully hubby came and helped so it didn't take us that long. I usually have to do Pack and Move Max on my own, so it was nice having him help. That afternoon I did ICE Metabolic Total Body Premix #5 - main workout + Blizzard Blast (instead of BBW - again, DTMR)+ Icy Core 1 + stretch. It was GREAT! Like Bee and Cataddict this is just a good, well-rounded workout. Can't go wrong with MTB!

And I've been doing some yoga, trying to loosen up my legs and get this stiffness out. Of course I turn to 5 Parks. She's kinda my Cathe for yoga. I like other yoga instructors, but I always come back to her. I did Hip Opening Yoga Class 5 Parks Yoga, which felt great! and Revolved Yoga Postures Yoga Class -5 Parks Yoga. Another dandy.

So I think for this week I'm going to plug in some of the kettlebell workouts from 2Lazy's KB rotation, along with step/cardio/HiiT. Trying to mix things up a bit. What is everyone else doing?

Tags
watulan check-in