Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-03-21, 06:50 PM  
JustSandra

Hi everyone!

Continuing to improve -- no return of the fever, and my energy is increasing.

Today's Workout: I did the Knee routine from Total Body Solutions, followed by Winsor Pilates Bun & Thigh Sculpting. They combined well for a light lower body workout.

Paine: That's a good tip to look at the Stretching section of Strong Knees one more time, especially since I notice my right knee is still stiff when bending into certain positions -- for example, I couldn't sit all the way back on my heels in Child's Pose this afternoon, even though I can normally do so with ease.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 08:18 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~BellyFit zoom: Invoking Joy - I did this live this morning and it was so much fun. Its the last in her latest zoom series & although I’ve done them all after they’re on the website, I haven’t been able to do them live as I usually teach on Tuesday mornings. Alice stayed after for a nice chat.
~MFML: Yin Yoga Quickly Find Calm - this was perfect, about 25 min and included backbends, a forward bend, hip openers, & a reclined twist.

Pat - The Forrest class was, I presume, “Forrest inspired”, & not taught by Ana herself. It was nice. TBH, I was never a huge fan of her dvds.

Sandra - Happy to hear you continue to improve!

Cyana - I’m sorry insomnia continues to plague you! I just have one extra standard size pillow for my leg, but I’m thinking I might replace it with a a body pillow.

Paine - I see Nutmeg Notebook also has an interesting webpage.

Beth - I hope you had an uneventful first day back at work!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 09:03 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi everyone - I survived my first day back at work (thanks Paine for the well wishes)!

In response to Pat, I would have had 10k emails, but I do check them periodically over the summer to avoid getting too slammed. And to Pam and cyana, it was mostly uneventful and not too traumatic, with several long meetings but no huge surprises.

Pam, I saw that free Bellyfit class but couldn't b/c of work--drat! I have to get back to using her stuff I have more. That does sound like a nice yoga routine!

Sandra, glad to hear that you are continue to recover. Take care of yourself; it can be hard living alone when you aren't feeling well.

cyana, your bed sounds like a busy place with all of those pillows. Have you ever used a "cozy nest"--a place outside of bed where you can relax comfortably for a quiet activity (like reading, a crossword puzzle, etc.) when you can't sleep? Everything I have ever learned about insomnia recommends getting out of bed if you can't sleep (I know, it's hard!), and one of the workshop I went to on insomnia suggested the "cozy nest" idea.

Taught a nice yoga class tonight, 4 people, with 2 new to me. Both yesterday and today were beautiful days here!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 08:12 AM  
cyana

Tuesday:
AM: 4-7-8 breath work
YT - TBP 15 minute cardio/resistance posted 9.23.2020
plank 35-45 seconds (suddenly got a wild hair to throw in a plank )
foam roller to back
AM at work: Mindfulness Training
PM: YT - Daily Calm 10 Minute Mindfulness Meditation - Symphony posted 10.12.2018 (honestly, this didn't do a thing for me)
YT - YoQi - Mood Lifter
YT - 10 Minute Guided Meditation for Sleep & Relaxation/Fall Asleep Fast with Soothing Rain Sounds - Boho Beautiful posted 4.23.2020. The rain sounds reminded me of a beach house we rented on vacation some years back that had a wonderful metal roof and was surrounded by huge palms that made the most incredible sound when the wind blew - it literally made my scalp tingle!

Need to get my work day started - waves to ALL.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 09:38 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, I'm back to using Insight Timer for meditation, at least occasionally.

If anyone else is on IT and wants to be "friends" there, let me know!

Here is my review of the Pilates book, Caged Lion:
https://metapsychology.net/index.php...es-his-legacy/

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 08-04-21, 09:45 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! It was just too glorious of a day to waste, so after work I went for a nice walk at the beach. Wish I could have stayed for the sunset because it looked like a promising one was in the works. Before my walk I did the original Winsor 20 Minute Workout; 6,000 steps for the day.

Paine, I'll def check out NN's YouTube channel. Those always have great tips.

Thank you for the hug Cyana. The osprey have been eye opening! A reminder of how tough it is to survive in the wild. Good luck to the fledglings, stay out of trouble kids. I hope you get some sleep.

Sandra, it's good to hear you are improving more and more. What are you getting over?

Pam, sometimes I wonder what Ana F. is up to. I can't even consider using her method so I sold both of the old "strength of" DVDs.

Beth, hurrah on surviving Double Moan Day. I need to get back on BFTV2 soon, and finish up Shakti Warrior.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 10:30 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

DH slept late this morning and since I workout in our bedroom, I didn't get to workout.

Cyana, it's miserable being awake from 2am to 5am. I've had that happen to me and it sucks. Oddly, I've been sleeping better in the last couple of weeks and I have no idea why because I'm not doing anything different.
How fun to see a hawk in your yard!

Pam, yes Nutmeg Notebook has a YouTube channel and a blog. I got the oat groat recipe from her blog but she might also talk about making her oat groats on her YouTube channel.

Beth, your review of the pilates book was excellent! Thank you for sharing that with us.
I'm so glad your first day back at work was OK. I think you'll adjust quickly. Enjoy your beautiful weather. It's been gorgeous here too-- 75 degrees and sunny.

Pat, I wish I could go on walks with you at the beach.

Sandra, I hope you are fully recovered today.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 02:52 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, LOL that Tues was double Moan Day for me! Today has been okay but no fun being stuck at my desk all day. The weather really has been gorgeous the past few days, hasn't it?

Paine, thank you on the review! I know that Sandra and Linda read the book, did you? It really was interesting to get that perspective, and it revived my interest in Pilates a bit, too!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 08-04-21, 10:59 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello mat mavens!

Today’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~Jessica’s Barefoot Fusion Sculpt
~MELT: hips, low back, legs, & shoulders

Paine - Sometimes I sleep better or go migraine free for a while and I have no idea why. I wish I could figure it out so I could keep the trend going. Lately I’m not sleeping great, but I’m migraine free….

Cyana ~ That rain meditation sounds very soothing. I’ve occasionally been listening to bedtime stories for adults on YT, the channel is Relax for a While. They do put me to sleep, but I almost always wake up again in an hour or two.

Beth - I’m glad your return to work was a smooth one.

Pat - Love your avatar! I never clicked with Ana and I’m not into challenging yoga these days either. Your walk sounds lovely! I’m missing my beach & trail walks. I get injected tomorrow, hoping it helps & it’s not too traumatic. I will still need to keep things gentle for a while after.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 07:52 AM  
cyana

Wednesday:
Decided to totally switch it up and went out for a walk before work. There's a house nearby that has a tiny front yard with small white rocks and some larger stones in their planting beds along with some nice succulents in pots. I've always admired the succulents, and always slow down to see what's new. So, as I was checking out my succulent friends, I noticed a tiny little orange car on a rock, then began to notice all sorts of tiny treasures throughout the beds - miniature plastic dinosaurs, little stars, fake coins, etc. I guess they put those there for little kids, but this old kid enjoyed the whimsical touch.

I'd intended to do ETV and YoQi last evening, but ended up watching an episode of The Grand Tour with DH. It was funny, as they were on one of their adventures with all sorts of chaos.

Speaking of insomnia, I've been awake since 3 AM.

Pam - I hope your injection goes well today and isn't too ouchy - and fingers crossed that it brings you relief. I need to try to get an appointment scheduled for later this month when I'm off. I really like my body pillow and would definitely replace it when I've smooshed it to death!

Beth - You mentioned the insomnia nest....I really dislike getting out of the bed, plus the cat would take that as a sign that it's time to get up and make sure DH was also awake. Also, since we have another family member in the other end of the house (on the other side of the den), I try not to rattle around in there at weird hours. I need to see if I can get my old phone set up to play music and such (using it as a glorified MP3 player) and maybe I could use that to at least have some meditations and relaxing music handy.

Paine - I also work out in the bedroom and while DH usually is up very early, I sometimes have to postpone my work-outs if he sleeps in. Some former co-workers and I used to joke that in our ideal world we'd have a his and her house - mirror image suites with rooms specific to our interests (definitely a work-out room for me!) on either side of a common living area and kitchen! Your grandson would've enjoyed checking out the treasures in the flower beds yesterday. I have to wonder if their intent is for little kids to take a little car or dinosaur as they pass by.

Pat - I'm always envious of your wonderful beach walks.

Hope Sandra is back to 100% today.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote