Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-29-21, 12:10 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning mat mavens!

Tuesday’s workouts, a semi rest day for me:
~Taught Essentrics outside on the deck

Yesterday’s workouts:
~15 min rowing
~20 min gentle health bouncing
~Beach park walk - nice & flat
~MELT: hip & low back focus

I’ve been in a bit of denial about what is irritating my hip & walking on hilly terrain is top of the list. Surprisingly, gentle rebounding doesn’t. So I’ve cut back on walking & am not doing hills for now. MELT really helps, I’m hooked. They offered me a discount on a year streaming & I took them up on it.

Paine - I’m struggling with motivation too. I briefly had one of Tracy’s Metamorphosis programs and I hated it too!

Pat - We are doing well my friend! That Super Sculpt dvd is a good one, it’s one of the few I’ve kept. I hope your eye continues to improve

Beth - I am jealous of your mind, body, brew classes! I love a nice citrusy craft beer, especially in the summer.

Sandra - I find the older I get, these nagging little injuries come out of nowhere! I’m glad your knee is better.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 01:24 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, there are a lot of good craft breweries around! Do you like sours? I had one I really liked when we were in Ithaca, Victory Sour Monkey. Sorry that you have to take a break from walking/hiking.

Paine, I've certainly have had indecisive days like that too. I think you are definitely right that I would not have enjoyed Metamorphosis.

Pat, LOL, glad to have a fellow all-4s work despiser! I actually did a little all 4s with Hamelin today; it was tolerably b/c it was just one move, relatively short, and one forearm, one hand (which I find a bit more comfortable).

cyana, that H&F moving video was one of my suggested videos on YT (although I didn't watch).

Here's the HDM routine I did today. I had to laugh about how uncoordinated the background exerciser is!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xJ-...melinD%27abell

Waving to everyone on this rainy day!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 02:22 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Beth - Yes I do enjoy a sour! My summer fave is a fruity one called Sour Howler. Another is a dry hopped pineapple one. Both are from small local craft brewers. I also love a light citrusy hoppy beer & my fave is one from Victoria that’s only 3% ABV. The Sour Howler is very light too at 3%.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 07-29-21, 03:50 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, I am not a particular fan of IPAs or other hoppy beers, so I'm glad to have discovered sours - it gives me something good to order when we do these events!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-29-21, 04:02 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pam, I'm glad MELT is helping you.
My motivation to workout has suffered when the first pandemic lockdown happened.

Beth and Pam, I am a teetotaler, always have been. Alcohol upsets my stomach and disrupts my sleep.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 10:46 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~20 min rebounding
~Jessica’s Gentle Yoga + Pilates: Mat workout - I like this one, modified some of the back bends, & it felt good.
~MELT: low back, thigh, & hip focus

Beth - I enjoy a cider, but often it’s too strong so I try & find someone to split one with me, lol. We have some lovely local ciders here. I enjoy a Radler occasionally too as they are often down around 2.5% ABV.

Paine - I am sensitive to alcohol too, it can give me migraines if I’m not careful. So I limit myself to a light beer or a glass of wine.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 07-30-21, 08:30 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, I have been very lucky that since I started on Aimovig for migraines, my migraines have been so much better that alcohol rarely bothers me anymore! I guess that's why I've taken the opportunity to enjoy it a bit more of late.

cyana, I have to admit that I've gotten frustrated with Lee, at least with his promotions. Since signing up for the challenge, I've continued to get multiple emails every day! I changed my notification settings to be on the list for monthly updates only, but that hasn't made a difference. This is why I unsubscribed in the first place...sigh.

Happy Friday, and a big TGIF to all!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-30-21, 08:35 AM  
cyana

TGIF!!!

This week has seemed about 2 weeks long!

I've had a bit of a crash and burn the past several days between work and insomnia. I upped my melatonin (combo of short and extended release) the past 2 nights and I'm sleeping a bit longer, but still dragging in the AM. I'm not sleeping straight through the night, but at least the awake periods haven't extended for 2-4 hours, so I'll take that as some improvement. I'm trying to at least do my stability ball crunches in the AM and some stretching and breath work in the evening. It's been oppressively hot and humid this week - air conditioning might be at the top of my gratitude list! I've been trying to stand more this week - have done 2 consecutive hours several days and I do some calf raises, foot stretches and such while I'm standing on my Topo Mat. https://ergodriven.com/products/topo...nt=27365321411 I would highly recommend these to anyone who has a standing desk. I'm jealous to see that they're now available in blue and purple, as gray was the only option when I got mine several years back.

Osprey Update - I had several conference calls yesterday, so I'd pop over to my home computer and check in on the nest between calls. Around noon, mom was on the nest calling for baby. Around 2-ish, the whole family was at the nest and dad had delivered a fish. Around 5-ish, mom and baby were enjoying a large fish. This AM, baby came in for a landing just as I pulled up the camera and appears to be taking a rest break. I could see one of the parents for a second or two before they flew out of camera range.

Beth and Pam - Back in the Era Before COVID, when I'd travel for business I'd try beverages from a local brewery, when available. I've not tried sours, but enjoy the different beers and like Pam, enjoy the lighter beers with citrusy notes in the summer. DS is our resident beer/hard cider expert, and he was unhappy to see that his local Trader Joe's decreased the variety of beers and ciders and increased the wine stock when they recently remodeled.

Beth - I haven't been getting anymore emails from Lee than normal - notification of new posts to the blog, notification of live classes and when classes are posted to site for subscribers. I wonder if they're a bit overwhelmed with emails following the challenge.

Pam - I go back and forth as to what I think makes my hip pain worse - aside from the obvious fact that all this sitting while working long hours is a major contributor. Or as I tell DH "My job is killing me." I consume alcohol infrequently. Like you, I found certain forms of alcohol to be migraine triggers. That's great news about the MELT subscription, since you're getting results from it.

Paine - I liked seeing Angie's yard - it's obvious she spent a lot of time playing in the dirt over the years. I also watched the video of her new home and she made a run to the nursery to buy some plants to put in that nice plant stand that now lives on her back deck. Back when TA was new to VF, I took a look at a video clip and within seconds said "No, just no!"

Pat - I'm curious to know what sort of fish the osprey would tend to catch there. The flesh is reddish in color. I saw where Angie (Hot and Flashy) took her dogs for a swim at the beach near her new home in CT.

Waves to ALL. Must get my rear in gear and get to work.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 08:49 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

TGIF!!! I'm so happy this week is drawing to a close. It was so heavy on so many levels.

Yesterday I did KCM's Muscle Up, workout 2 (lower body and arms). It was good and tough but doable. I turned to YouTube for a little something for the 20 Instructors in 20 Days challenge only to discover my wifi is out. There was a two hour hold time so I'll have to deal with that after work.

Pam, what a bummer about the walking. I know how much you love your nature trails. Hopefully after a little rest and rebounding you can return to it. Enjoy the MELT streaming. I should really look into this method.

Paine, I hope you will enjoy a walk with your grandson again soon.

Beth, good news about your new med helping. I agree that the bombardment from Lee is getting to be a bit much. He seems to be on a "hell bent for leather" type fundraising venture. Though I must say - I absolutely adored the two months of his live program. But whew $$$$

Greetings all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 10:50 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Jari Ripped & Chiseled (Upper Body selections = 20 minutes)
Travis Eliot Yoga Foundations Practice #1

I finally had a good workout this morning. I did Jari upper body and then I kept thinking about Yoga Foundations with Travis so I did that after and it felt good.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
twisting