Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-27-21, 07:19 PM  
BunnyHop

One more day. Baby steps, right?

Just feeling pleased that I sorted through today's mail right away.

Shredded the junk, looked through a catalog and shredded that. Put a bill to be paid in the right page divider in my new calendar/inbox notebook. Tucked some other paperwork in the right ring binder for that category. Still haven't gone through to completely tidy that, but at least now I have a process.

It just feels so much better to have specific places to put things as they're being worked on, but the biggest relief is that I seem to be willing to use the new system.

My next big job will be to declutter this computer desk. No drawers, but two shelves up top, and the top are solid clutter. Oh, wait, the bit just to my right is as tidy as it can be. Just need to figure out what to keep and what to store elsewhere.

I do like having my working desk just where I can see it over my left shoulder. So easy now to see if there's something to be done or what I did with that piece of paper. Up til now it had all been scattered over three desk tops. Much less confusing and unfocused now.
Old 07-28-21, 08:07 AM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-21, 08:32 AM  
PennyK

Old 07-28-21, 10:00 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Penny, I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing! Hugs and gratitude.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 07:59 AM  
PennyK

Old 07-29-21, 08:13 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
One more day. Baby steps, right?

Just feeling pleased that I sorted through today's mail right away.

Shredded the junk, looked through a catalog and shredded that. Put a bill to be paid in the right page divider in my new calendar/inbox notebook. Tucked some other paperwork in the right ring binder for that category. Still haven't gone through to completely tidy that, but at least now I have a process.

It just feels so much better to have specific places to put things as they're being worked on, but the biggest relief is that I seem to be willing to use the new system.

My next big job will be to declutter this computer desk. No drawers, but two shelves up top, and the top are solid clutter. Oh, wait, the bit just to my right is as tidy as it can be. Just need to figure out what to keep and what to store elsewhere.

I do like having my working desk just where I can see it over my left shoulder. So easy now to see if there's something to be done or what I did with that piece of paper. Up til now it had all been scattered over three desk tops. Much less confusing and unfocused now.
Anna that's great! The spillover effect from being pleased with your system will help with the computer desk. Frankly I dreaded tackling mine years ago. It took longer than I thought but was more fulfilling than I thought too. Figuring out the system to keep it clutter free is part of the battle. Once I had a system, it became easier to maintain.
Keep up the good work!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 08:48 AM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Anna that's great! The spillover effect from being pleased with your system will help with the computer desk. Frankly I dreaded tackling mine years ago. It took longer than I thought but was more fulfilling than I thought too. Figuring out the system to keep it clutter free is part of the battle. Once I had a system, it became easier to maintain.
Keep up the good work!!
Thanks Linda! Another day, another series of small successes!
Old 07-29-21, 09:17 AM  
PennyK

Old 07-29-21, 09:46 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
https://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2014...at-pack-years/

ETA: Doesn't look like my link works, the name of the article is Recovering from the rat pack years

Is an article worth reading about our stuff, I actually have found most of his articles about finance and lifestyle to be very beneficial (as are some of the comments). There are a few older posts from his then wife giving a female perspective, one in particular Eliminating Lady Temptations is another good one to read, also Mrs. Money Mustache Receives Many Gifts for her Birthday. Some make think their lifestyle is extreme and he does use some profanity, but he speaks many truths and I like his writing style.
https://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2014...ack-rat-years/ (this link works better for me--pack-rat vs. rat-pack in the link address)
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 09:51 AM  
PennyK

Tags
career advice, declutter, decluttering, downsizing, sentimental clutter