Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-23-21, 01:23 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Thanks, everyone! The hugs and good wishes help more than you can know.

A few years ago, in the space of a few months, I lost two of my longtime best friends. My support network is rather limited at present. I am so grateful that I have VF. I guess the whole forum is my Check-In.

Pat! OMG! I knew you'd had the surgeries, but had no idea that things went badly for you. You are not the big, whining baby that is me. I hope that everything works out well for you after so much worry. (((HUGS)))

I already had some floaters and flashes, but they have become worse and I have that veil thing, too.

ETA: Some of these doctors are such insensitive jerks. All they worry about is lawsuits, not the well-being of their patients.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 01:28 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
I am so sorry this happened!!! I would be extremely upset too. I'm sending you healing thoughts. Your eye doctor is a horrible doctor. Shame on him. Please keep us updated and I hope with all my heart that this problem resolves.

You CAN join that book club! Get audiobooks from the library. Audiobooks are great because I can listen while batch cooking or while doing housework.

Pat, thank you for sharing your experience. How frightening. I'm not looking forward to cataract surgery in the future.
Paine, I love audiobooks!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 01:35 PM  
fatkat555

Hugs and prayers for you!

My father just had his second cataract surgery and had some trouble, but nothing like what you’re describing. Hopefully the second opinion will yield positive results.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 01:43 PM  
Izzy

The lack of good health care these days just angers me. Not just because everything is so expensive, that is part of it, but also, where has the quality/listen to the patient care gone? I have a friend who was so sick and went months and months being told by her doctor "everything is normal" yet she could not eat, was losing weight and having all kinds of issues. I have a knee replacement and the past 3 months I can barely walk up the stairs and my pain level in that knee is 9. I finally went in and the doctor lean back in his chair and said "that's normal." I got so angry. I said it was not normal. I am 1 1/2 years post op and I am not supposed to have so much pain that I can't climb a flight of stairs. It just drains us to have to fight to be heard. I am so sorry you are going through this. There is no excuse for lack of good health care.
Old 06-23-21, 02:25 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Alta - I am so sorry you are having these issues. It's so frustrating when doctors are so dismissive. Hang in there. I hope you can find someone who will actually help you.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 03:05 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

So sorry this happened to you, Alta. Sending you hugs and healing vibes.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 03:14 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I went to an ophthalmologist a few months ago who told me I needed laser surgery to correct an issue I never knew I had because no one had ever mentioned it. I didn't believe him, so I went to another ophthalmologist who told me I do have the issue, but it's so minor that he would never operate. I'm so glad I didn't listen to the first guy. Sometimes I feel like medical people are just in it for the money and forget what they real purpose of medicine is supposed to be.
Old 06-23-21, 03:36 PM  
ellaenchanted

Hope it gets resolved quickly!
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 04:44 PM  
laurajhawk

Sending hugs! I hope this resolves quickly.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 05:39 PM  
wendug

Ugh! I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through. I hope the second opinion leads you to a positive outcome! Hugs!!!

Tags
bad doctors, cataract side effects, cataract surgery, cataracts, medical care