Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-21, 03:03 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

No. Some places where I live still require them, and in places like Walmart where nobody respects social distancing I wear one anyway.

I wear a mask at home while cleaning and dusting. Wish I had thought of that years ago.

We don't know if a variant will break through that might cause us to go back to square one. I'm afraid to get overly confident.
Old 06-21-21, 03:04 PM  
Daffie

My husband and I do when in public places but I will go without in some places with only few people. He was supposed to go to a dinner for his 30 years at his job but declined. We haven't eaten in a restaurant but feel okay going places with our masks.
Old 06-21-21, 03:26 PM  
sciencelady

I'm required to wear one at a wildlife rehab place I volunteer at, but I don't wear one elsewhere. I'm not being overly social these days still - just a grocery trip or a trip to the hardware store or garden center - no parties, bars, or movie theaters.
Old 06-21-21, 03:26 PM  
TracyQ

Today I had an appointment with a chiropractor and I took the subway to my appointment and both required me to wear my mask.

I got a pedicure the other day and they also require clients to wear masks.

Given the choice though I choose not to wear one. After over a year of complying I’m done with masks.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
Old 06-21-21, 03:35 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

it's still required for indoors in our state. you can be unmasked outdoors, but i think you have to keep your distance. from what i've heard, people are not following the distance requirement outdoors.

the military bases have relaxed the mask requirement, but not sure what the exact criteria is.

in costco yesterday, i noticed that although they require masks to be worn, they got rid of all of the floor "stickers" that space you 6' apart. they also kept their plexi-glass barriers installed on all of the check-out stands and customer service. they used to have plexiglass by the exit door where they look at your receipt, but it's been removed.

at bars, people don't give a rip. I've been to 2 bars, and it's the wild, wild west.

i still wear mine everywhere except when i go outdoors to walk. i have a mask in my fanny pack when i walk, but rarely put it on.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 06-21-21, 03:40 PM  
donnamp

If it is required I always wear it - if it is optional I sort of assess the risk - am I going to be inside for a long time w/ a large group of people - if it is something like running in to a store to pick something up and it will only take me 5 min and it is not crowded and a mask is not required I skip it. If I am going to be in a place for a long-ish time and it is crowded I will wear one whether it is required or not.

I'm still not doing a ton of stuff indoors w/ a lot of people around - and I'm still working from home.

Most of my "socializing" is outdoors. If I eat out - it is outside. I have eaten inside a restaurant, I think once since getting vaccinated.

The variants concern me and I don't want to get a false sense of security about being vaccinated.

Donna
Old 06-21-21, 03:41 PM  
Marylandmom
VF Supporter

I still wear mine and will continue to wear it for a long time. I was at Jiffy Lube yesterday for an oil change and out of the 7 people in the waiting area, I was the only one wearing a mask.

I have a co-worker who forgot to put on their mask when entering a convenience store and when the store clerk asked her about not wearing it she said she was vaccinated. In fact, she's not vaccinated. And that's the very reason I'm going to continue to wear mine.
Old 06-21-21, 04:09 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
The variants concern me and I don't want to get a false sense of security about being vaccinated.
i agree too, plus our children <12 are waiting to get the green light to be vaccinated, so we still need to be cautious. i heard as early as September this might get finalized.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 06-21-21, 04:47 PM  
sherry7899

I will keep wearing it inside in public places even though I am vaccinated. Most places indoors in NJ require them. I lost my.mother to Covid. I will keep wearing it.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 06-21-21, 04:55 PM  
LAC

I wear one at work because NYS requires masks be worn in school buildings. And I had to put one on last week when I went to the chiropractor's office because NYS requires masks in all medical facilities.

Beyond that, if it isn't required, no I am not wearing one anymore. I am fully vaccinated and I have the NYS Excelsior pass on my cell phone.

We went to a retirement party a couple of nights ago and there wasn't one mask in the room (vaccinated school personnel). It was so wonderful to see people's faces!
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid restrictions, covid-19, masks